Season 3 Episode 7

Corey's Confessional
"Lately Steph and I have had a lot going on." "We've been preparing for the wedding, and we've had more than one conversation about whether to have a big ceremony or not." "Steph likes simple, but not basic." "But I'm willing to give her whatever she wants."

Steph: I need you to be 100% honest with me. Are you okay with a small ceremony?

Corey: I most certainly am. I don't exactly have a whole wagon full of family and friends. Just my mom and dad will be fine.

Steph: Excellent. This is going to be the best day ever. 

Corey: I know.

*Corey gets a phone call from his mom*

Corey: Hello?

Mom: Corey. It's mom.

Corey: Hi Mom. Is everything okay?

Mom: I'm not sure. I just got an invitation to your wedding in the mail? What's going on?

Corey: I'm getting married mom. Why wouldn't everything be okay?

Mom: Don't tell me you're marrying that girl you met in that dreadful bar.

Corey: Excuse me? Yes I am marrying her. What of it?

Mom: Oh Corey, dear. You have such a prestigious career to worry about. Aren't you concerned that you'll mess it up by being seen with her?

Corey: No. You're worried about that. And I will not sit on the phone with you and listen to you insult my fiancé.

Mom: What about Carmella? She's such a fine young lady. What'd you do to scare her away? She was so good to you.  She's much better than that Stephanie girl.

Corey: She's my finance, mom. I'm not gonna change my mind. I'm hanging up now. And you can go ahead and trash that invitation. You're no longer invited.

*Corey hangs up the phone*

*Stephanie walks back in the room*

Stephanie: Who was that?

Corey: My mom. She just called to complain that I don't call enough.

Stephanie: You don't have to try and spare my feelings. I know she doesn't like me, and she's not thrilled about the wedding.

Corey: I'm sorry. I know I shouldn't have lied. My mom is just a little stuck in her ways. She was so set on Carmella being the one to give her grandkids.

Stephanie: Well, if she bothered to get to know me, she'd know I'm way cooler than her.

Corey: Don't worry. It only matters that I know.

Corey's Confessional

"I know my mom isn't the biggest fan of Steph, but I really downplayed it a lot." "When I say she  wanted Carmella to be the mother of her grandkids, it was practically set in stone in her mind." "In a way, I think she resents Steph for being the one who got a ring from me." "At this point, I don't have any family coming to my wedding." "But I'm okay with that." "I didn't need that energy anyway."

_____________________

Seth's Confessional

"I haven't been able to talk to Mila since she broke the news to me." "I admit I'm scared." "All I want to do is crawl under a rock and stay there."

*Seth is sitting in catering when he feels someone sit down in front of him*

*He looks up and sees it's Mila*