Chapter 1

The Beginning

Third Person

Scanning around the house, Lea held her mothers arms tighter and swallowed a lump, she roamed her eyes, seeing luxurious things over glass tables. Vases and furnitures were shining and could really seek attention hence it was blending with the house's color palette.

"N-nanay, sig-sigurado po kayong pe-pede si Lea dito?" She asked her mother. A little bit intimidated by how large the place is. It never embarked to her head that one day, she'll be entering this kind of home.

Maria Lea Carmen Imutan-Salonga, a 26 year old woman but she doesn't act like her age, she has this syndrome most known as immaturity syndrome which affects the way she acts or speaks. It is more known for you to have when you start acting like a child even though you're far older from who you think you are.

For Lea's case, she's acting and thinking like a child, although she knows what the rights and wrongs are. There's this part of her that anyone can't just explain, she sometimes speaks like an adult but still in a childish tone. Nonetheless, She was still raised very well although her mother lives afar from her.

Not only that, but she also has ADHD. She tends to easily loose focus on things after seeing random stuffs that makes her feel more entertained.

"Oo naman anak, nagpaalam naman ako kay Aga. " Her mother, Ligaya, answered her question.

Ligaya has been a very understanding mother to Lea, she never left her side and never let Lea feel that she's different from other human beings. She supports Lea on everything she does.

"Magbabait ka Lea ha? Huwag malikot baka may mabasag ka." Nanay Ligaya softly said to her daughter and put the bags of clothes over the bed, Lea nodded her head and looked around the not-so-big, not-so-small room.

"Oh siya, diyan ka na, magtrabaho muna si nanay." Lea nodded her head again before Ligaya left, she laid herself down killing the time while staring at the upper bed.

Lea stepped out of their assigned room to explore the place. Diligently staying a safe space away from furnitures she might accidentally ruin.

She went to the kitchen and saw immaculately shinning. She let out a 'wow' when she saw the double-door fridge. In curiosity, she opened it and saw how it was spilling preserved food. Right when she was about to close it, she saw the chocolates inside as she heard footsteps and talking sound.

"Yes Mr. Smith — No! I will not sign that if it has that in the contract — okay, tomorrow at 10:00 A.M sharp, at my company." Lea closed the ref and looked back, it was a tall-fair-skinned-handsome man in his black suit.

"Sino ka?" He asked, Lea giggled.

"Hindi ako sinuka," she answered and laughed.

"Who are you? Why are you here at my house?!" He stormed which woke up the scared sensation inside of Lea.

"S-sorry, wag ka s-sumigaw, ba-bad 'yan, ako si Lea." Lea said and bowed, she was scared.

Aga realized what's happening as soon as Lea spoke. He felt bad.

"I'm sorry. I did not mean to shout at you, you are Nanay Ligaya's daughter right?" Aga asked in order to make clearance to his notion.

Lea nodded her head, a little confused. English isn't her strongest language, she can understand a little of it; in an extended way.

"Ilang taon ka na?" Aga asked, Lea looked at him and whispered, "26." while playing with her fingers. Aga nodded, smiling at her then walked beside her holding the fridge's handle.