Chapter 23

The Perfect Time

"Alagaan mo sila ng maayos Vice ah! Susunduin na lang namin sila bukas." Lea reminded in ought to get the children back fine the same way they left them.

After Christmas comes year end celebration. Perhaps it was a little late since other companies have already demised requests of rest with Christmas parties. However, there's a connotation that says "it's better late than never." and maybe doing it a little unpunctual will encounter and satisfy the prerequisite fun their employees deserve.

"Don't worry. Ibabalik ko isa sakanila ng buhay." He gave Lea a disheveling wink making the latter adamant on leaving her cousins with him.

"Joke lang! I will take care of them! Mag-happy happy lang kayo ng jowawers mo doon. Magparteh parteh din kami ng mga batuta na ito dito." Vice said assuring that they will be in good hands.

"We're going to be late. I'm sure they'll be fine with Vice. Let's go na." Aga tried convincing Lea whilst the clock is ticking like it was being rotated fast forwardly.

"Huwag kayo pasaway na dalawa ha!"

"Isang araw lang ate, akala mo naman hindi na kami susunduin bukas. Sige na! Umalis na kayo." Bingbing shoo'ed them; more than pleasant to escort them out of the house.

"Byee! Ingat kayo!" Her litte brother uttered, waving his fingers a bid of farewell.

Lea heaved out a huge exhale; heavily slumping her head on the head rest of the car seat. "Calm down. You won't be able to enjoy the party if you're overthinking. They enjoy Vice's company. Tsaka look, they're just your cousins pero you act like that na, what if it's our children na?" For some unknown reason, he received a hit from Lea.

"What the heck was that for?"

"Anong 'children' ikaw diyan? Gusto mo pang magkaroon ng mga anak? Oh edi ikaw dito! Tsaka bakit ko naman iiwanan anak ko? Hindi na lang ako aalis kung hindi naman siya kasama." Lea responded tumbling her eyeballs.

"Correction Mrs. Muhlach. Anak NATIN. I do want more kids IN THE FUTURE when we're ready for more. But now let's we'll enjoy this. I don't want to close possibilities although I also don't want to give you pressure so-in god's will then it will happen!" He exclaimed emphasizing his point: explaining his side.

"Why? Don't you want more?" That backfired, didn't it?

She chuckled apprehensively trying to discover a way to perplex the topic and refract it to a new one. In uneasiness, Lea coughed and just stayed quiet, hoping that Aga would get her point.

"Don't you?" Unfortunately-he didn't and asked the question again.

"H-hindi ko alam." He blast out a laugh, synchronizing with her distraught that didn't really make a good combination.

"Nang-aasar ka na naman, pangit!" Lea called him off; holding on her teaser grin.

"Pangit ah. Let's see kung sino ang pangit mamaya pag-uwi natin." He menaced with a look of vengeance but it didn't threatened Lea. She reciprocated it with her tongue sticking out and said "Ikaw 'yun syempre."

The couple were almost late when they arrived at the venue. It wasn't new to the crowd since their boss is known as the ever "later arriver." However, what shocked them was that he came with a plus one. Hence, not only an ordinary one: it was an unfamiliar addition to the party.