Chapter 27

Past, haunted.

The clock had stricken 12. It was exactly midnight when Lea felt thirsty. She knows that her husband is really really tired from doing all around works in their house and also from what he have to do for his career.

Unfortunately, she had forgotten to bring her tumbler so she's requisite to fetch herself a glass of the clear liquid and quench her thirst.

Placed on the table was a basket of fruits, oranges stole her attention and she had to give it to herself so she retracted a stool and help herself to sit down.

Renaldo Reyes sent you a friend request.

The name rang a bell. An agonizing-rued bell. She clicked his profile and scrolled down his news feed. It almost had nothing posted on it, most were changed profiles and background ones. A normal old-person' feed. Except, there's one shared post that caught her eyes.

'May mga tao talagang gusto mo, pero bawal kasi sobrang bata.'

It was the quote written on the original post, he captioned 'Tanda ko tuloy yung inalagaan ko dati."

And it froze her body. Not only that it was revolting, it also somewhat terrified her.

Her phone suddenly left her hand as it fell down that echoed along the small hallway from the sala to the kitchen. She gulped and picked it up not until a strong wind entered the small open gap of the window.

She don't know what to do anymore, it felt like she's being watched of some kind. It was the most uncanny she felt as she stared at the CCTV pointed directly at her.

"Ah! Agaaa!" She shouted with tears when she felt tapping on her back.

"Hoy, ate! Nababaliw ka na ba? Bakit ka naiyak?" Lito asked with worries deliberately occuring from his question.

"A-akyat na tayo. A-ayaw ko dito." She looked around and gulped. Albeit being confused, the little boy followed her request and sent her upstairs to their room.

The negativeness increases as Lea felt her feet getting heavy. Every step seemed like it was in slow-mo. Just their way to the end of the staircase emitted so tedious, amount of level rising for each stair-steps appeared more like it was infinity.

She bit her lip and just when breath when they've already entered the room and closed the door.

"Kalma ate, nanaginip ka ba?" He asked, whispering while pulling wipes and holding her hands to clean the pulps of oranges that made it sticky.

"H-hindi. Natatakot lang ako, dito ka na matulog." Lito chortled quietly.

"Hindi puwede ate Lea. Magagalit saakin si ate kapag wala ako sa kuwarto namin, nandito naman si Kuya Aga. Okay ka na." He tapped her back and ushered her to lay down, he pulled the comforter over her body, tapped her head and waved a goodbye, leaving their room.

Anxiously, she looked around the room, scrutinizing her surroundings. Her senses evolved more powerful.

Her sight, it felt like she had a night vision. Her ears, it was hearing even the tiniest moves. Her sense of touch-it was as if in any moment, someone would grab her. She was going hallucinatory. Her thoughts were very disheveled due to the person who sent her a friend request.

To have tranquility, Lea decided to crawl over Aga and lay beside him where he was facing opposite of the window. She pulled his arms and embraced it over her, she was shielded by his whole body as she pulled the comforter almost over her head.