Chapter 26

Another Year

The sun is starting to rise, aroma of a good coffee is filling a cafe, it's the first thing you'll smell after you hear the bell rang and then the sweet tang of pastries.

Now the day is starting. A new unpredictable 24 hours that even though you have plan, you know it won't be abstract the way you think it will work.

"Hmmm." Lea moaned feeling her face being heated by something. Quick blindness occurs as she opens her eyes, the sunlight from the small opening of the window curtains is quite scalding her face, she was quick enough to turn the other way and reach for someone. But Lea was devastated when she felt nothing but complete blankness, the person she wants to hug was not there and it feels ineffectual.

Her mood was instantly shifted into a bad one. Not feeling his presence around the room is woeful. For this times while they're baby isn't around yet. Aga is the first person that Lea will try to find whenever she'll get her sense up after a slumber. She's scared-rather frightened and horrified that one day, all of what she's experiencing is just part of a dream, and that she'll wake up living her old, pathetic, dreadful life that she don't want to revive even though hell is infront of her. Because living that life feels already like hell. An unsought free subscription to hell.

Lea lazily pulled the curtains away from each other with force. Bitterly smilled and quietly sang - "happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday t-to me"

She choke with her own saliva making her voice crack a little. A tear flew down but Lea was post-haste to wipe it. February 22nd. It was her day, her first worst and best birthday.

Worst, because it's her first time to celebrate it without Nanay Ligaya, best because god already gifted her advanced, a present prior to almost 6 months from the current day.

Something moved down and Lea smiled, her baby was the first one to greet her a happy birthday and it feels rejuvenating. Now, it makes her more excited to celebrate her next birthday because it'll be the bestest of best, for the reason that there, she'll be spending it with her own family. A family she dreamt of having since she was a starting to know more about the world.

"I love you." Their baby might still not be in this world, but the bonding and fond Lea built with her own child, its heart warming. And if they're this close while the baby is still baking, think of it when it's already born.

Nobody knows this, but when Lea was a child. She had this dream of a woman wearing a baggy shirt and pajamas, standing in front of a beautiful sunny scene, watching outside a large paneled window. Resting her hands over her huge tummy. And that dream, its happening right now. This is how she exactly remembers it happening.

A coincidence or her mind fortuitously prognosticating it.

When Lea came downstairs to eat breakfast, she was disheveled to see no one. Did they leave?

She made her way to the kitchen, trying to forefeel if someone will appear and surprise her. That kind of things happen. It's not bad to assume, right?

Or perhaps, it is. She grimaced realizing that she was just being an attention-seeker. It was just her birthday, there are more prominence to spend their time at. Not a random day a person was born.

Lea opened the cover for their food. Underneath was a box of fast food with a note on top.

'Kids and I went to fetch lola, hope you had a nice sleep, mahal. I left a kiss before we left, here's some food when you wake up. Love you! We'll come home before lunch!'