Chapter 38

Awakened

General

"It's about Lea and Ian." The 5 word sentence took Aga's focus away. His foot attentively stepped on the pedals, making their body pace forward. Thanks for the seat belt, both passengers didn't get harmed.

"What about them?" He's not nervous or... he's rather, scared. His lola might've had hid a very big secret from him, and knowing it by now, at this very time... it might change his perspective of how he sees his grandmother as a person.

"They didn't cheat on you, you already know that Felaciano is Lea's father, right?" Lola Amelia's question made Aga's eye brows furrowed. She's like somewhat kind of psychic who knows almost everything. Still shock with the question, Aga just nodded, staring out of nowhere not able to comprehend what the heck was happening.

"How did you know? And how can you act like that towards Lea when her father was your husbands murderer?" The old Muhlach regained her posture as she moved backwards, head leaning on the chair, looking straight up infront.

"Lea's a very nice woman. She's easy to go with. Her aura is very welcoming. For the first time, iho. I felt - the right feeling of assumption. Yes, I might have had judged her, who wouldn't right? an unknown woman in your grandson's house. But when I finally got to know her, that she was Ligaya's daughter, and that she was carrying your child. All was in peace. I imagined her being your wife that's why I forced you to marry her, and I wasn't wrong. Your (kind of) arranged marriage turned into this love story no one thinks will exist. It was all in fictions before, but now. Look how you two slowly built your family. I feel so proud being one of the 4 women, now 5 and will be six when Brene grows up, who loves you the most. But what I'm proudest of is that - I saw how you evolved from this innocent boy, to this matured man - " From the road, Lola Amelia's sight reached Aga's side viewed face.

"You had all the qualities your parents wished you to have. For sure they're proudly weeping in heaven, lumaki ka ng maayos kahit wala na ang mga magulang mo. It was Lasy, me then Ligaya who were on your side. Though both of them aren't your mothers nor relatives, the treat and full respect you gave them is really touching. I couldn't ask for more as your grandmother. And yes, I'm not mad at Lea. Why would I be, her father was the criminal, not her. It was already schemed for your grandfather to die that way. It was unforeseen. Hence, I wouldn't be able to forget the pain after knowing why he didn't come home in 3 days with police cars wanging in front of our home, telling me that they found your lolo dead. But iho, nothing stays forever in this world, nothing lasts. I've already accepted the fact that I won't be able to touch nor hold him again. And that's what I'm pointing out with my words. You need to seize the moment while you can. What if there's no more tomorrow - worst, later to feel it again? I don't want to interfere with your life, you're already a grown up man. It's your choice if you want to follow my advices, I'm just trying to teach you what I did wrong when I was at your age." Lola Amelia tapped Aga's right shoulder as she narrated what she did on her past years.

As an old citizen, she had witnessed how this world changed from this very calm yet also, war-type place. To this advanced-techy living organism's habitat. Both generations are neither good or bad. Things happened in the past years that are better than what's happening in the current time, and also, there are worse happenings than you could imagine, occasions that won't ever enter your mind and will just blow you away after knowing that it did - for a fact, transpired.

"Don't waste time. Our life can end in a snap, no one knows when will it happen. Also, Lea and Ian can't be cheating on you - "

The bang in Aga's heart penetrated up to his throat. He couldn't function well as suspense ate his senses.