Chapter 28

Good Pain

" - Yes, Maria. Tell him that I'll try my best. Haven't you informed Mr. De Guzman that I can only accept digital meetings? Why is he too persistent? Is it really that important?" Aga questioned his secretary on the other line, agitated with his head throbbing.

"Yes sir. I did tell all of them that you cannot accept physical meetings, and they all agreed. However, Mr. De Guzman here, he was in Spain when we lasy talked, now he's currently here in the Philippines and he said he wanted to talk it over lunch exactly today, his secretary called me late last night to inform us about his change of plans."

His palm landed across his face in an exasperating manner: First, he only had 3 hours of sleep within almost 39 hours of being awake, second, this new investor of him changed his mind at the very last minute, and last, he's still not finish with his work and he doesn't think he would ever be.

He might sound like an exaggerating one, however, the emails he have to check is still separated from the papers he needs to read and approve.

"Okay. I'll meet him at around 12:00 P.M. Two hours max and that's it." He assured.

"Noted, sir."

"Thank you again." He expressed his gratitude before turning down the phone call. His eyes flew to his closed door when it vibrated with the sound of continuous knockings disturbing it.

"Come in." You don't need to be meticulous to notice the exhaustion mixed with how he told the person to do what was requested. He forced a sly smile to appear when he saw his wife with a glass of water in her hand and an orange and biscuit on the other.

"Hehe, hello hello Aga. Hindi ko kaya magdala ng marami eh, ito oh, kain ka muna. Kanina ka pa dito parang ayaw mo na lumabas." She walked near his table and reached her hand out to give him the glass of water then followed by the solid food.

"Thank you, please kindly get my medicine kit, love? It's in that drawer." He pointed with his lips.

"Kumain ka muna kahit biscuit lang bago ka mag-gamot." She told him while walking towards the said location. At the same time, while Lea was saying that, she heard the lid of the small jar she brought opened and Aga's munches.

"I am already. Thank you again." He reached for the kit and grabbed one tablet.

"Have you eaten? How about the kids? Are you feeling okay?"

"Syempre, sila pa magugutom? Kumain na 'din kami ni baby. Hindi nga siya masyadong makulit ngayon pero ang sakit niya gumalaw." Lea complained to him, squinting her eyes and scrunching her nose.

"Does it hurt so bad? You want to go to the hospital?" Aga offered.

"Hindi na, kaya ko naman." With her sentence, the whole office went silent. Aga scanned papers he have on the top of his table while Lea just stared at him.

In a blink of an eye, Aga felt a sharp pain on his shoulder, only to see Lea biting it.

"Oh fuck!" He groaned, trying his best to detain unpleasant words from bailing out his mouth.

"What's your problem? Why do you need to bite me?!" He didn't mean to raise his voice but it unconsciously did. Lea slowly pulled, holding her mouth.

"That hurts. What was that for?" She was already in tears but both of them were not in the same page. Aga tried his best to reprimand himself from doing something while the wife was just guilty.

"S-sorry. Nan-nanggigigil lang ako. Pa-parang ang lambot mo kasi." She admitted, bowing down.

"Just go out and don't bother me for the day, Lea. Thank you for the water and the food. I also need to leave later." He ignored and casted her away. She immediately followed him and left the room.