Chapter 17

Unbearable

"Close your eyes Lea." Aga commanded when he entered the room. "Ha? Bakit?"

"Just close it." Lea did what she was told to do and closed her eyes, albeit, she also covered it with her palms.

"Don't peek. Okay?" She nodded and licked her lips.

He checked if she's really closing her eyes and pulled out something when he assured she's not sighting anything.

"Hands out." Lea tightened her eyelids contact to each other and held her hands down; palms wide open. It increased weight when Aga placed something over it. "Open your eyes now."

Her jaw bones chained open when she realized what was it. "Cellphone?"

"Yup. So you can entertain yourself more. And also, contact me or anyone if you need something." He shrugged and excitedly sat down. "Open it!"

"Lahat na lang binibigay mo saakin, Aga. Ang dami na ng nakuha ko sayo. Ang mahal pa nito." Lea replied relentlessly.

"Lahat na lang ng binibigay ko tinatanggihan mo. Accept that one. That's the only way I can make you happy and stay here." His sentence turned out offensive for Lea as she answered, shoveling the phone in his hand.

"Anong tingin mo saakin? Na gusto ko lang mga gamit na galing sayo kaya ako andito? Na mga binibigay mo lang yung nagpapasaya saakin? Hindi ko nga nagagamit lahat." Lea paused and inhaled a quick breath.

"No! That's not - "

"Kung gusto mo akong mapasaya, bigyan mo ako ng oras mo. Baka lang naman Aga. Kasi oo nga, pinapayagan mo na ako maglakad, lumabas tayo nung kailan, pero kasi kailangan din naman kitang nakikita. Lagi na lang ikaw umaalis. Hindi ko nga alam kung saan 'ka napunta." Her words were conspicuously longing for something. It was bitter but was also tender and abundantly axiomatic.

"You know I have work to do. I'm just always at the office." He resented in defense. Lea clicked her tongue and sarcastically smiled at him.

"Alam mo? Huwag na lang tayong magusap kung ganyan din. Hindi mo ako iniintindi eh. Ayaw mong intindihin na hindi yung pera o yung mga binibigay mo yung gusto ko. Oras mo yung hanap namin Aga, hindi yang mga gamit na yan." She left him in uproarious silence as she walked out to get some water to cure her thirst due to the patting she made.

Her hands filled the glass as she gulped the water inside with mind caustically overflowing with descending words.

She didn't even know where she got the courage to speak up. Usually when she's all hem up and couldn't think properly with those lined up emotions ready to be emitted out and wants to rant something, she'd rather keep it to herself and let her mind process the refining until she forgot about it.

Aga notices that too. He acts as if he doesn't, but he sees how she defies herself from speaking up. How her jaw tenses from trying hard not to open up. It's not hard to point out what she feels since her face is very expressive: elaborative. It diminishes what she feels from her body, opposite of what she's trying to oppose.

"I'm sorry." She stared at him blankly. "I didn't mean to make you feel that way and I never saw you like that. I swear to God. All I wanted to do was surprise you and make you feel happy." He conceded in dissatisfaction.

"Sorry." He stepped two feet closer, innocuously staring at Lea's eyes. Appreciating every bit of beauty she has.

"Huwag na ikaw mag-sorry. Sobra nga yung sinabi ko kanina. Naiintindihan ko naman trabaho mo. Dapat nga hindi ko yun sinabi kasi para naman din kay baby kaya ka laging wala. Tsaka kung hindi ka nagtratrabaho hindi namin makakain ni baby yung mga gusto namin. Basta lagi kang magiingat kapag naalis ikaw. Lalo na kapag nagdri-drive." Lea tapped his cheeks and left. He was dumbfounded with the way she just ramped away as if it was a non-matter.