Chapter 9

Condemned Result

It says-

Positive

She's pregnant, whoever the father is. They're pregnant.

"Ang puta!" Vice cussed loudly.

Lea, who was discombobulated looked at them as their faces plastered the same reaction - shock.

"Omaygad! Lei!" Dawn said and hugged Lea. Lea's heart beated faster. What the hell is happening to her friends?

"A-anong nangyari? Ma-may sakit ako? Ayaw ko pumunta sa doctor." Her hand trembles while she shakes her head. It's not that she hates doctors, what she hates are equipments that are used to treat patients. It looks all scary and too overwhelming for her.

"Lea? You want a baby right?" Lea nodded although still confused with what's happening.

"YOU ARE having a baby." Dawn, Alice, Vice and Regine simultaneously answered her question with an awkward look. They don't know if they should show her a happy or worried look. Therefore, they just mixed it and display a jubilant-fret face.

"A-ako? Magkakababy?" Lea asked, they all bobbed their head as an answer.

The process is hard as what they have told her. Just making the living organism itself is already very subtle of a topic to open. Especially to children.

Hence though, sometimes it might be irrelevant to their age. But telling them how babies are really made (not in the most precise way) is crucial with the kind of world we're living into. They can be taken advantage of and not knowing a thing of what's happening because they're too innocent. Just like Lea.

"E-edi lalaki tiyan ko? Tataba ako?"

"S-sabi nila ka-kapag may ba-baby ka madami ka dapat kumain. La-lagi ka daw gutom. Paano 'yan? May magagalit ulit sakin kasi h-hihingi ako ng maraming pagkain?" Forehead were creased with Lea's short reminiscing. Her tears then started to flow again inevitably. Her childhood memories are very traumatising and daunting. Just with the thought of going back to one of the days she experienced it is sending shivers down to Lea's wholeness.

"Shhh, Lei stop crying, we won't hurt you, we won't do that to you. We're going to support you. We'll be here for you." Dawn tried her best to show Lea their overflowing love as her friend whom she just met. It doesn't make sense to them on why you should judge someone based on how long you know them.

Yeah, they might not have told you the whole journey of their life. But that are friends for, right? To make new ones? Like Lea, what if a person's story had a very rocky path from where they came from to where they are now and looking back at it can only trigger the past they've been trying to forget? It'll only make things difficult for both sides and discrepancies can occur if ever one was forced to tell something they're not comfortable on talking about.

"M-magiging mommy na ako? S-sana ma-maalagaan ko magiging baby ko ng maayos. Katulad mo Dawn tsaka Regine."

"Ikaw pa? syempre magiging the best si Mommy Lea, get get aw! " Vice danced with his high pitched voice making the latter laugh and feel less tensed.

"And babe, you can't and should not compare yourself to us nor to anyone, you'll be the best mother to your child in your own way." Dawn pulled Lea closer to her.

"I agree, beh." Regine retorted with a nod.

"But before anything else Lei. I know this thing will make you feel uncomfortable, but you really need to answer this and we need to know who is it. He needs to take responsibility with that child. So. Sino kasama mo gumawa nung ginagawa ng mag-asawa?" Alice mindfully asked, not wanting pressure Lea with the sudden question.