Chapter 2

Chickens

Munching with the coveted fries in her hands. Lea laughed along with the comedies on the list that Aga left for her before he departed for work.

She was astound with the scene that just happened not until the doorbell was pressed; the sound startling her. She looked around feeling if Nanay Ligaya would open it but she didn't.

With a lazy body, and mind glued to what will happen next on what she was watching, Lea stood up and opened both the door and the gate, peaking who it was. Leaning sideways over the metal gate.

"Delivery for Mr. Muhlach?" A delivery man appeared in his orange suit, holding a box.

"Wala po si Sir Aga dito eh." She answered, scrunching her face.

"Ok lang po ma'am na kayo ang kumuha just a picture po para proof na dumating po at signature or name niyo po dito." He then pointed at the lower part of the paper where Lea can put her signature/name. She took the pen and the paper and signed, feeling weird because as she do it so, the delivery man is taking pictures of her.

She wrote her name and randomly scribbled over it.

"Hehe, ma'am bakit naman po buong pangalan ang inilagay niyo? Sige po ito na po yung package, mauna na ako salamat!" The delivery man said and handed Lea the package, She gladly took it and waved her hands with a genuine smile plastered before closing the gates.

"Maganda sana kaso parang may sira pa ata sa utak." He whispered to himself before ridding at his motorcycle, fading away to wherever destination he'll go.

She went back inside the sala and was planning to proceed with the entertainment from the big screen when Nanay Ligaya went out wiping her wet hands. By just looking at the old woman's face. You can see that she's happy yet tired.

The woman doesn't really have that hard of a job. What she do around the house is her choice, Aga just let her manipulate the place whenever he's not around as his trust to Nanay Ligaya is poured to the point that it's overflowing, he's complacent that he'll leave keys and money anywhere inside the house as knows that when he comes back for it, it will still be there, untouched.

"Anak? sino yung nag-doorbell?" The old woman asked standing beside Lea. Leaning at the soft-beige-sawed-cushion.

"Delivery for Mr. Muhlach daw po nanay."

"Ahh... Ay siya, tigil na ang panonood anak, lalaki ang kuryente ni Aga eh nakakahiya naman." Nanay Ligaya said.

"Nanay! Mamaya na po!" Lea whined when Nanay Ligaya took the remote. She then gasped a huge amount of air when the colorful screen turned black.

"Nanay! Bukas mo po ulit! Nanonood pa po ako!" Her face screamed of frustration, trying to reach the remote from her mother's hand.

"Tama na anak." Nanay Ligaya answered and was about to turn her back when Lea spoked again and ran after her.

"Nanay! Dali na po! Last na po! Tatapusin ko lang po iyon." She tried persuading the old woman.

"Isa Lea ha." Her voice had a warning tone in it which succumbed Lea.

"N-nanay g-galit ka po?" Lea asked as tears started to form in her eyes, Nanay Ligaya shook her head and walked towards Lea, wiping the tear that had just fell.

"Hindi anak, pinagsasabihan lang kita kasi hindi lahat pede mo'ng makuha, huwag ka na umiyak, 'di galit si nanay, ha? Tulungan mo na lang ako sa kusina?" Lea sobbed and nodded her head following Nanay Ligaya from the sala to the kitchen.

Very late in the afternoon arrives, Nanay Ligaya is taking a bath while Lea's statued in her seat as she tried understanding the art nailed on the wall.