Chapter 20

Them at Home

"Ate Lea? Kailangan niyo na po talaga umuwi?" Whined Bingbing, clinging onto Lea's back.

Due to some subtle pain Lea's experiencing that Aga can't be complacent off. Their schedule of a week at Lea's province is advanced 3 days departing. She did try to cajole him on waiting for the rest 3 days before going back to Manila because it was just a hit of crouching then would faint; but he was persistent and would rather want to get both of Lea and their baby get checked up first and return there if possibilities permits.

Though he wasn't a fan of going back there since their first day was antagonistic and indubitable. But Lea does seem like she's enjoying the time with her two cousins.

"Oo eh. Babalik na lang kami dito. Kailangan kasi namin ng check up ni baby para alam namin na okay siya."

"Okay. Babalik kayo ah? Kuyaaa! Alagaan mo si ate." In their 4 days there, both children have had coherently got attached to Aga. He looked after the three of them and acted as if they were his family, taking care of every intrinsic they essentially need.

"Will always. Magbait kayo ah? Huwag pasaway." He kissed their foreheads as he escorted Lea inside the tricycle.

"Aga? Ayaw ko pa u-umalis. Ayawww!" Lea baffled in objection, giving Aga a pleading look. "Huwag muna ta-tayo umalis. Ayaw ko iwan sila Lito at Bingbing."

"Lea. You know we need to. As much as I want you to enjoy more time here, but I can't sleep at night worrying about your health." He had had explained his debase for the nth time now, he thought when Lea already agreed, then that will be the last time. But guess he should elongated his patience more.

"Please? Hindi na naman siya nasakit masyado. Tsaka kaunting sakit lang naman, okay lang kami. Promise! Kahit hanggang sa isang araw lang." Aga sighed in distress. He would not change his mind anymore. It's better safe than sorry and taking the risk to stay there, not sure where the nearest hospital is states substantial danger.

"No Lea. My decision is final. We need to go home." She sighed in defeat and just nodded knowing she won't win against him.

"Palagi na lang ikaw nasusunod." She ranted to herself: whispering, in a notion that Aga won't define up what she said. But albeit, he did.

"Come on. I've talked to you about this, I also asked for you opinion, how come ako lagi ang nasusunod?" Lea faced him as her lips quivered, with bits of tears striving to hush down her cheeks.

"Syempre ka-kailangan kong pumayag! Kapag hindi naman ako pumayag wala naman din akong magagawa eh." Her voice cracked in dismay as she blunt her beliefs and feelings.

"Kuya. Teka lang po ah? Paiwan nga muna kaming dalawa." Aga requested when the driver of the tricyle arrived. Wanting a private talk with Lea whom he thought have had picked up his rationales.

"Tell me what you want. What your opinions are." In pressure. Lea lost the sense to power up her vocal chords. Her tongue went missing on its way to speak up as she held her breath and shrieked in defeat.

"Ikaw na naman nanalo! Huwahhh!" Her lips curved down as it opened and shawl like a baby's mouth. Her fist landed on Aga's thighs, hitting it like a weak boxer too enervated to fight.

Aga scuffed as he tried to reprimand himself from chuckling. He can't unravel his entertainment or Lea would go turbo-speed-rapper on him with hiccups and indecisive actions; so he decided to hide it with him clearing his throat and coughing.

"Wait here. I forgot something!" He ran without her authorization, incubating Lea with a seamless shield of anger.

"Kapag talaga ikaw bumalik, lagot ka saakin." There was contemporaneous-ominous tone as she felt her nose wet flowing down to her upper lips. She wiped it with her shirt as mucus invisibly stained her shirt.