Chapter 8

Period

People, who were once strangers to Lea were now the ones accompanying her whenever their schedules are free. And one of those days are today. They were all bored in their house when they decided to start a video call, plan an impulsive get together and now, all of them are ready to hang out at Aga's house.

Though the boys won't be really there since they needed to run some errands in their companies.

"Dawn! Misyu!" Lea squealed and waddled her way towards Dawn, pulling her into a hug.

"I miss you too, I brought someone with me, twins!" The two little kids ran inside the house towards their mommy's legs, hugging it while looking at Lea with their gummy smiles and lost eyes due to their face cutely stretched and reddish cheeks raising their skins up.

"Ayyy! Sila anak mo Dawn? Ala ala! Hello babies!" Lea said and squatted in front of the two cute toddlers.

"Say hello to tita Lea, myloves." Dawn instructed her kids.

"Heyow chicha Yeya!" The little girl, who's namely Cassandra, uttered the cute words.

"Ang cuteee! Hala Dawn! Bakit ang cute!" Tears then started falling from her eyes, she don't know why she's crying, she just felt the urge to do that.

"Why cwying?" Samuel asked and wiped Lea's tears away. Holding her cheeks.

"Downt cwy pow chicha yeya, hug pow kita." Cassandra said and gave Lea a the warmth of her small enveloping. The little girl being sweet as she really is, made Lea cry harder.

"Cass? Sam? Loves, please go to the sala and kindly seat at the sofa, behave, okay?" The twins then followed their mother's instruction, quietly seating at the sofa, watching not so far away on what's happening to Dawn and Lea.

"D-dawn! An-ang cute nila." Lea said, sobbing.

"Yes, I know they are. Why are you crying ba?" Dawn asked caressing her back.

"H-hindi ko alam! Ba-bakit ba a-ako naiyak Dawn?" Lea then slammed her face onto Dawn's chest.

Dawn wouldn't really be comfortable if it were other people who she just met did that to her, but it was Lea. The epitome of breaking barriers.

She's a woman of her own. Though kind of pulled down; being remotely controlled by the society's judgy eyes. Lea still proves that there's beauty in everything.

She's different and she accepts it. All that's important is that she's breathing and is doing her duty as a person alive, and that is to live the time given to her to explore this world.

"The twins were looking forward on seeing you, compose yourself na. Look, they're waiting for you." She then pulled Lea out and wiped her tears once more before smiling at her.

Her puffy eyes and red nose shows that her crying session just finished. Lea then stood up, making her way to the twins as if nothing happened. Dawn shook her head couple of times while chuckling and also made her way to the sala.

"Why you crying eawiyer chicha?" Cassandra asked and moved closer to Lea, ready to listen why the adult was weeping.

"Secret na lang, ilang taon ka na?"

"I'm two! And kuya Sam is two too." Cass said in a straight sentence raising her hand with two fingers up. She's sometimes call Sam 'kuya' because she got used of calling him that. And technically, he's older than her. He came out a couple minutes earlier than she did.

"Oh, love. Did you just say those words without stuttering? I'm so proud!"

"Mommy? Why kay Cash yang pwoud?" Sam curiously asked and pouted. He's proud, yet also jealous.