CHAPTER FIVE

Y/N POV

I was woken up in the middle of the night to a knock on my door.
"Come in?" I said voice slightly croaky, the clock beside me printed 3:05am in bold red letters.
The person walked up to the side of my bed, now that I could see it was Juyeon.
His features were outlined by the moonlight that peered through the tinted glass.
"Can I stay here?" He asked quietly, I moved over so he could lay down.
He slid under the covers, his face was stone cold of emotions. He looked drained, as if he had been completely stripped of all life.
"Are you okay, Juyeon?" I asked him recognizing there was no emotion still.
"I'm fine." He replied so late that i thought he wasn't going to answer. Yet he lied, I don't think he was okay.

Unfortunately, I don't think there was a time where he was.

I wrapped my arms around his torso, once again, having no idea why I felt the need to comfort a dangerous boy that I barely knew. He returned the embrace, his arm draping over my frame clasping his hand with my own. It sounds romantic, but I didn't like him, I thought, I don't think he liked me either. It was just comforting, his aura felt so warm despite him being so cold externally. Every time he breathed, the rhythm of his heartbeat begun again. I looked up at him, he seemed sound asleep, I was glad to see him so tranquil. I hope things could stay this way, him at peace and comfort.

I rested my head on his chest and drifted to sleep myself, I felt fine now here. It wasn't bad, I didn't feel trapped or objectified. I felt like they didn't mind me either.

JUYEON POV

Y/N had finally fell asleep, I brushed the hair out of her face as she rested.
Why are you here Juyeon? I shouldn't be burdening her with me. I shouldn't be so pathetic, but she gave me peace. She made me feel the most human, I've felt in my entire life. I liked this feeling, whether it was a good thing or not. I didn't want to let her go, or see her suffer at the hands of me. I didn't want to become soft or let down my guard. I couldn't find myself to become angry at her, I stop myself before I snap at her, I've never done that for anyone. I've never confided in anyone either, i've only ever had myself. With that, I soon fell asleep, getting the most rest i'd had in a while.

Y/N POV

I woke up to a brightness which flooded throughout the room. 11:05am morning. The digital clock printed, Juyeon was still sleeping beside me and I had no intentions of waking him. He was drained, mentally, socially and physically. Everyone in this house was all 4 of those things, not that any of them would realize that. If only there was a way I could change that. Maybe i could find a way that I can.
After all, bad people become bad for reasons.

I got up from bed, trying my best not to disturb Juyeon who slept peacefully. I left the room and walked downstairs to the kitchen.
"Why are you so late up?" Haknyeon said from the dining room table where he sat alone.
"Why you be asking her that when this is the one day you're awake early?" Jacob slapped the back of his head lightly. He passed me two plates and i looked at him questionably. He just smiled knowingly and walked back to whatever he was doing on the counter.

"Where is everyone today?" I asked.
"Everyone apart from me, Haknyeon and Juyeon are on a out of town mission, they'll be a few days. It's not anything dangerous, they're just planning." Jacob replied as I nodded in acknowledgment.
"Yeah Juyeon should be with them. But he's busy moping around somewhere." Haknyeon added to which I just shrugged.
"Are Younghoon and Kevin coming back early or not?" Jacob asked Haknyeon directly as i just grabbed the food and tuned out of the conversation.

I walked back upstairs with the plates and back to my room where Juyeon was still sound asleep.
Is this man dead .. unconscious?..
"Juyeon wake up." I nudged him slightly, as his dark eyes fluttered open. He propped himself up on his elbows, his hair slightly messy and his voice slightly rasped as he cleared his throat lowly.
"Thanks." He returned dryly, taking the plate out my hand.

We ate in silence. I didn't want to push him after what Kevin had said.
"Y/N. Why were you out walking so late that night?" Juyeon suddenly broke the silence asking about a night i would rather erase from my memory.
"Well. I always walk late, to clear my head. I was going the convenience store, the one on 25th street. I didn't think nightlife would still be so wild still." I answered to which he just nodded.
"You were a barista, I heard." He said and I looked at him in confusion.
"How did you know that?" I chuckled nervously.

"Background checks." He just replied, what the fuck, what information did they have. well, they are mafia. I decided to leave it.

"I was training to be a paramedic too, but looks like I won't be going back any time soon." I laughed solemnly, i wanted my life back. However I didn't hate it here as much as i let on. They weren't cruel or unfair to me, it was only Sunwoo where i would run into trouble. The rules they set up, didn't really seem to apply. They seemed as if they were only there to scare me.

"I didn't know that actually Y/N." He said, I looked up vaguely and smiled at him.

"It's fine, I mean I'm practically living for free here i guess." I said and chuckled to which he laughed with me. I've never seen him genuinely laugh yet, out of joy or amusement. Now he did, I was shocked, maybe these boys really were not as bad as they let on to be.

Now that I realized it, Juyeon was actually really attractive. The type of visual girls swoon over on the television screens. He had sharp dark features, he looked as if he could play the cold heart throb in any movie with ease.

Y/N snap out of it.

I looked for something else to bring up, thankfully there was what Haknyeon said earlier.
"You were meant to be on an out of town mission Juyeon." I said putting my plate to the side.
"I know but I'd rather miss out on some planning then deal with Sunwoo throwing post argument comments." He sighed lowly and sat back.

"Y/N-"Haknyeon walked in, yet cut off when he saw Juyeon. "I'm not going to ask." He said soon afterwards. "But Juyeon, the others want all of us to come out with them to stay in the house out of town."
"What about Y/N?" Juyeon replied as i met eyes with Haknyeon.
"Sangyeon never mentioned. But i assume he means her too he did say all of us." He said.
"Y/N can't stay with the guards here. So i guess she's coming too. Everyone go get your things, we'll leave tonight" Jacob swung by the door frame before quickly leaving again.

I began to pack anything they had given me to wear whilst i was here, my purse that i had with me.
I soon drifted off into my thoughts.
So we are leaving for another house tonight ?.. They own multiple properties... They never fail to shock me so far.