CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR

Y/N POV

It was as if my heart was beating out of my chest, the way it frantically thumped against my rib cage. I hadn't seen Juyeon or the others since I was taken to get ready. I was clueless on what their plan was but I assume they were guarding the designer as he did his press runs outside. No matter how many rehearsals we went through, nothing could prepare me for the crowd outside. It was a no camera event, strictly fashion designers, celebrities, and well in our case, mafia.

The girl I met earlier walked out into the silent sea of critics first, confidently striding in the way she taught me. A poker face glued to her expression as she alternated her feet and pivoted back. I was in a group of 5 to 6 other girls - what scared me the most is that of all of them I was last to be called.

Inhaling deeply, I stepped on to the platform, ushered by the headset lady from earlier - fumbling with her clipboard busily. I ignored the crowd letting their sullen faces inherently blur out of my vision. Pushing my thoughts a side, I mirrored what I'd been taught during rehearsal. Strutting towards the end, leaning onto each other foot and halting, I pivoted gracefully, striding back and as soon as I was out of sight - scuttling back stage.

Being the last model, the designer was already backstage greeting us all. I was slightly relieved when I saw the familiarity of Sunwoo beside him, as he smiled at me admirably. I ran up to meet him, it probably confused the other girls - but still blocking outward judgement.

"You did well." He punched my arm with a sneer.
"Thanks, Peter." I read his fake name tag allowed with a giggle.
"Ah there you are!" The designer twirled around, "Star of the show, I must say I wish I could keep you for the public shows - you're a natural at this."
I looked at him with shaky eyes, mumbling in disagreement. Never, ever, ever doing that again.

Everything seemed fine as he chatted amongst the models close by, Sunwoo was awaiting the time. Wanting to finish up the mission already, having him standing around just opened up the time frame for an attack even more.
"Sir-" Sunwoo began, however was silenced very quickly.

A jarring gunshot bellowed across the backstage arena, followed by a harrowing scream that resonated amongst every wall. I froze, horrified in a state of complete shock, as I watched the girl from earlier drop limp beside the designer.

I wouldn't of moved if I wasn't tackled into a close by room, I panicked trying to wrestle whoever had yanked me into the doors off me.
"Y/N, it's okay it's me." Juyeon's voice said calmly, he'd pinned my wrists beside my head preventing me from hitting him off anymore.
I breathed a sense of relief despite chaos erupting outside.

"I need you to come up there with me." He said pointing up the spiraled metal staircase that clambered out of the dismal little room we stood in. I was clever enough to know where it lead, the stage lights - he was going to snipe the attacker.

I watched as he climbed up first, I followed quietly leaving diminutive footsteps as I ducked beneath the metal of the many poles that supported the stage lights that shone below. You could see everything below perfectly, like a mapped birds eye view of the scene. Juyeon pulled his long distance rifle out of its leather holder that was strapped around him carefully.

Sunwoo had the designer behind him, he was standing off a lady dressed in a white faux fur. She looked almost like a complete replica of Cruella De vill. Her white satin gloves wrapped around the trigger of a blackened shotgun held at Sunwoo. I could faintly see Changmin and Chanhee stood beside the exit to the stage - they were unarmed, clearly not expecting anything to happen this evening. I did however catch a glimpse of Changmin's pocket knife - it was the one he always carried, he'd only use it if she walked past I imagined.

"Release him from behind you and I won't shoot you or any of these young ladies stood beside me." She shouted over to Sunwoo as he chuckled in response.

"You'll end up with a bullet through your head either way." He retorted as she cocked her head in anger, Juyeon couldn't shoot in risk of her pulling the trigger on Sunwoo - watching as he held his aim against the woman who paced slowly below.

I all of a sudden had a plan sketched in my head,
"Trust me." I whispered to Juyeon, as he flashed a look of concern at me - I gestured him to keep aim on her. He hesitated before doing as I said, realizing that I wasn't going to drop whatever I had in mind anytime soon.

I slipped the shoe off my foot, angling it towards the opposite side of the backstage area. With another large inhale, I aimed the shoe with every part of my precision. Releasing it with an immense throw, watching it plummet to the floor below.

The angle I'd thrown the shoe at, caused the lady to whip her head around to the opposite side of the room.
Juyeon had caught on in a matter of split seconds, pulling the trigger and hitting her with ease - letting a second piercing bullet ring out as she fell to the floor. Sunwoo looked up to us and back down to the shoe - his eyes wide in a slight shock.

Juyeon beside me embraced me briefly, "You're so smart Y/N." He also seemed rather bewildered by my plan, incredibly proud as a genuine smile glued to his relieved expression. I felt safe with his arms around me, that was the thing about Juyeon. The world could be burning around us - yet in each other's arms we'd just let it.

The moment was snapped out of, when we heard bellowing police sirens echo in the background.
"We have to go." Juyeon quickly scrambled, grabbing my hand frantically. Sunwoo below us had already ran leaving the designer, nodding to Juyeon to check if he was okay before doing so. Changmin and Chanhee did the same, coming out of there hiding spots to dart out after Sunwoo.

Juyeon had left his gun, I picked it up quickly and passed it to him. He gasped sticking it back into his holder quickly. It was in this moment, this very small, rushed action that made me realize something - Juyeon left his gun to grab me. That was another note to add to why Lee Juyeon had changed. He chose humanity over material, the original man I knew wouldn't do that.

He dragged me by my hand, darting at what was almost lightning speed - however felt like slow motion. The metal of the stairs, clanging as we reached the room he initially pulled me into. I turned to see the body of that girl lied next to the woman who attacked us. I almost stopped for a moment, however I knew there was nothing I could do. Her lifeless eyes stared upwards, what once were so happy. I now knew, what it was like, to lose someone who you owed so much to. So did Juyeon, speeding up as we passed the room. He burst open the exit point door, the SUV outside open with its engine running - the rest of the boyz impatiently awaiting inside, having just picked up Sunwoo and the other two boys.

--

AUTHORS NOTE

yes y/n !.. the character development in this chapter just .. exceeded.. ♡︎

poor model girl :( we didn't deserve her ..

also don't ask me how my course exams are going.. as you can tell i'm here .. writing a lot.. bc i need to cope ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) two days left until break tho !

anyways hope you've had a semi decent half of your week no matter your circumstances, always sending you my best wishes..

sending all my love..♡︎

clover <3