CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

Y/N POV

I carefully fixed my hair in place, tucking it behind my ear softly. I sighed heavily, we were going out for dinner, yet I was glued to wearing jeans and a t-shirt because of the limited wardrobe I owned here. Gripping the mascara wand next, I gently combed through the fine lashes on my lid. A bellowing knock on the bathroom door almost caused me to impale my eyeball, I gasped slamming the bottle down on the counter in frustration. I composed myself and walked to the door unlocking it with a loud click.

Juyeon stood behind the frame, wielding a large dress bag in his hands. His fingers twisted around the metal of the wooden hanger as if he was contemplating his thoughts silently.
"Hi, do you need something?" I smiled sweetly letting out a chuckle as I stepped back to where I was originally. He walked in to the bathroom, giving me the dress bag hesitantly.
"What's this?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows, since I had been thinking it was his suit this whole time.
"It's just a dress, I wanted you to be the next one to wear it." He sighed becoming slightly shy as I gently tugged the slightly worn metal zipper.
The dress that draped upon the hanger was a champagne silk slip, it was vintage, like a classic movie stars dress and it glistened so brightly as it moved in the warmer light.
"Where did you get this?" I asked confused, taking it out the bag and twirling it around observantly.
"It was my Mom's. She left her stuff behind when she escaped. I kept this dress because it belonged to my grandma, and I remember how much she adored it." He sighed almost solemnly, I was cautious it seemed so personal, I just knew I couldn't wear the dress he was giving me.

I zipped the dress bag up, closing it with a high pitched screech.
"I can't wear this, Juyeon." I sighed handing him the bag. "It's too personal to you, I don't want to take something away that means so much to you."
"I kept it for this reason. I didn't think I'd ever have someone to love to give it to, so please wear it Y/N." He handed it back, I let out a huff feeling too bad to refuse the boy who looked at me so hopefully.
He left the bathroom as I took the bag wistfully unzipping it again.
I slipped the dress over my legs, bringing it up to my arms delicately. I couldn't reach the zip at the back, so I opened the bathroom door - peering out of it as it was ajar.

"Juyeon." I shouted slightly, causing the boy to come running out of his bedroom door hastily.
"Could you zip this up?" I asked letting him into the bathroom shyly. He nodded, as I faced the bathroom mirror - holding my hair off my back silently. I shivered as his cool hands pulled up the zip softly. The scent of his cologne had been renewed and his hair neatly styled again. I released my hair as he got to the end, I observed the dress in the mirror. It fit like a glove and fell just above the floor. A narrow slit revealed the skin of my right leg as far as the middle of my thigh. It was stunning, as it draped and settled so elegantly.

"You look beyond beautiful." Juyeon stood behind me, placing his hands on my waist, catching my eye line in the mirror. As he smiled, I held on to his hands watching him fix the material gently.
"You guys ready?" Chanhee knocked on the bathroom door, his voice fading into the distance as he passed. I turned around in Juyeon's arms, grabbing his inordinate palm in my own meagre one and pulling him out the bathroom door.

The marble of the spiraled stair case was no competitor to the heels of my shoes as they clicked the steps in large echos. Meeting the 10 other boys standing in the hallway, some stood gawking and yet some slightly puzzled at my attire.
"What are you? A fly trap?" Sunwoo closed Haknyeon's mouth once again, his teeth clicking as he did so. I laughed, as I reached the bottom of the staircase pulling Juyeon beside me feebly.
"It would be rude to say she doesn't look stunning." Changmin said flatly as he nodded towards Sunwoo who just rolled his eyes slightly.
"You're a lucky man, Lee Juyeon." Younghoon sighed looking between the two of us smiling to himself surely.
"Enough eyeing up Juyeon's girlfriend I'm hungry." Sangyeon silenced the group comments opening the front door with a vast yank of the silvered handle.

The headlights flashed, as Sangyeon pressed the keys to the blacked out SUV. Climbing into the back seats, Juyeon helped by lifting the extensive material of the dress from the ground and sat beside me.
Taking our usual order of seating unintentionally, Sunwoo sat in front of us with Eric, both of them dressed well also. It was the first time I'd seen everyone other than Chanhee and Hyunjae make a real effort with their appearance. The most they'd do was step in and out of the shower and throw on their black skinny jeans. Unless they were going out on a mission they'd just mindlessly laze around, like a large group of unkempt dogs.

Into the city, the windows flashed a motion blur of roaring lights through dark and towering buildings. It was the first familiar area they'd taken me, pedestrians walking the shopfront streets, dainty men stomping their way out of business buildings with stern and flinty expressions twisting their wrinkled faces. There were cabs parked illegally beside the crosswalk awaiting passengers and the traffic on the busied road beeped in a cacophony of manic patterns.

Turning into an underground car park below a tremendous glass building, I looked up at the expensive looking area we were entering.
Juyeon linked my arm as we got out the car, we stepped into an elevator on the bottom floor of the car park. It was huge, the interior looked to be worth millions alone, each floor button engraved on marble stone. Sangyeon clicked the singular top floor button as the elevator began to move. Leaning against the golden banister beside me, Juyeon had one arm against the handle, the other around my waist. His dress shirt was unbuttoned by two, the black of his suit neatly ironed straight, his hair fell on his face lightly the other strands neatly styled back. He smiled as he caught my gaze, pulling me closer in his grip and planting a kiss on my forehead.
Ignoring the "pDa wArnInG" comments on Eric's behalf, the elevator doors opened grandly.

--

AUTHOR'S NOTE

so chapter twenty two huh.. ('')_/♡︎

juyeon is the cutest.. thank u for coming to my ted talk tehe.. (-)՞

i hope you enjoyed this chapter as always as i much enjoy writing them.. i hope you've had a semi-decent week whether you're in school, college, work ♡︎

sending all my love ...

clover <3