CHAPTER TWENTY

Y/N POV

The sun began to set on the way home, a bright indigo sank into the vibrant oranges situating themselves in the sky above. Juyeon gripped the steering wheel with one hand, the other holding mine over the plastic compartment in between us. As he drove, I could tell something was bothering him. It was the way his dark eyes focused on the road in a thoughtful gaze, as if his mind was racing a million scenarios underneath his collected demeanor.

"Are you okay Juyeon?" I asked concerned about the possible thoughts passing my boyfriends mind at the time. Snapping him out of his trance he glanced at me momentarily with a smile, before looking back to the road.
"I'm just fine Y/N. A lot happened, I'll tell you when we get back. I don't think I can whilst I'm driving." He sighed squeezing my hand slightly tighter than before, I grazed over his thumb worryingly.
That didn't sound good.

Pulling into the woods in front of the high security estate they lived in, we were almost home. Juyeon winced beside me, moving his seatbelt uncomfortably. I look over to him in concern, I noticed he was tugging it away from his neck and chest. They were both covered by his jacket for me to see what was wrong, he was injured and that was for sure.
"What's wrong?" I asked, unplugging his seat belt with my free hand and allowing him to untangle himself from the scratching nylon around him.
"I think I just got a few knife slashes, don't worry about it." He shrugged it off, pulling up to the home not shortly after Kevin and Sunwoo arrived.

In the house, it was unusually quiet without the rest present. It was a good thing, since I was completely exhausted, I had almost fallen asleep in the car journey home around 3 or 4 times. It was clear to see everyone was tired, Sunwoo barely able to walk properly and Juyeon had various minor injuries dotted on his visible skin. Kevin had small bruising on the left side of his face, a yet worse purple mark widening across back of his hand. They were only minor injuries and I dread to think what the others were enduring at the scene of combat.

We all agreed to rest until the others returned individually. Settling back into our room, I turned to Juyeon as soon as the door shut.
"Show me." I sighed crossing my arms over my figure at the boy, awaiting to see his injuries.
He smirked at the command, but before he could open his mouth to make an innuendo I stopped him.
"Don't even think about making a joke right now." I straightened my posture assertively, "I'm serious."
He smiled to himself, letting out a small chuckle as he unzipped his jacket and lifted his shirt over his head. As he did, his chest was littered with various gashes and scratches showing random lines of either a messy attack or a struggle.
"It's fine." He sighed trying to prevent me from worrying about the deeper gashes on his chest.
"No, Juyeon they need cleaning. Some of these are deep." I walked closer to him, tracing my fingers over the smaller scratches checking if they had drew blood. "Wait here a second."

I sped into the bathroom and rummaged the small cabinet beneath the faucet. Pulling out the newer first aid kit, I brought it back to our room and opened it with a quick pop of the lid.

Juyeon was now laid on the bed arrogantly his hands resting behind his head. His styled hair now fell over his face messily. His torso flexed confidently, he would look like a greek god if it wasn't for the injuries littering the artwork. He smiled cockily as I observed him slightly, not missing the small interaction.

"Stand up." I spoke softly, as I poured the medical spirit on to the cotton wool from the kit. I momentarily looked up when he didn't move, confused to why he had ignored me. Suddenly he yanked my arm forcefully, pulling me on to his lap to straddle him. My legs fell on either side of his frame intimately. I gasped instinctively not expecting the sudden action.
I did my best to try and do what I had intended. I cleaned each gash that had drew blood, placing a dressing over it. However, his obscure stare watched me as I avoided his gaze. His dusky chocolate brown eyes following my every move so carefully. As soon as I caught eyes with him, I felt as if time had halted so suddenly.
I felt him come to life beneath me. I suppressed reacting as he moved slightly, in attempts to gain a reaction. His sleazy hands roamed my figure knowing I was complying internally, no matter how I appeared on the outside.
I stood my ground and finished the last wound with a dressing. Getting up to put the medical kit back, I was prevented by him firmly gripping my hips in place with a tight squeeze.
"Not on my watch." He groaned darkly, capturing his lips in my own and flipping us over so that he was hovered above me. His lips moved slowly and with huge force as he sank down on to me - so that every gap separating our bodies now closed.

He was loving, no matter how dark and intimidating he thought he was. He held me between his arms like I was made of glass, like I was his world. This night especially, when love met lust for the first time between us both. Tonight, I saw another side to Lee Juyeon. It wasn't a mafia member, it wasn't my usual boyfriend, it was someone who loved me. Someone who would let his whole world crash and burn for me. That's what love does to human nature, no matter who you are, where you come from, what your background in life has raised you to do. You're still human and all of us are capable of love. Even the most sinister and twisted. The most unfortunate and abandoned can still find love - even in the most peculiar and unexpected places.

As our bodies intertwined and tangled to make one. He told me he loved me once again, wiping the tears that fell from my face every so often. Collapsing beside me and pulling me into his embrace earnestly. I smiled to him before falling asleep in his arms once again.

--

AUTHOR'S NOTE

two updates ?.. you never saw me ..( ˘ ³˘)♥︎.. interpret this how you will tehehe.. nobody comment on the elephant in the room bc i'm finna run away from this chapter and pretend it never happened.. ''

THIS IS NOT A SMUT, well it is, but ITS FOR STORYLINE PROGRESSION AND POETIC PURPOSES.. i am just testing the waters okay?.. cool ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

on the contrary,

the morals are kicking in.. has juyeon's character arc fallen into place finally?.. ♡︎

hope you enjoyed this chapter per usual .. i mean if not my romance author aspirations finna crash and burn..

wishing you plenty of stars under your night sky tonight ...
sending love..

clover <3