CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

Y/N POV

The morning crept upon on us, the familiar cast of sunlight filling the room in golden streaks that painted the floor. Juyeon's arms wrapped around me possessively, as memories of the night before flooded me suddenly. Turning myself around in his grip, I was met with a very awake and conscious black haired boy. Smiling to himself and meeting my eyes shyly before I pulled him into my own embrace. Nuzzling his head in between my neck and collar bone quietly planting a small kiss every so often.

"Plans to get up today?" I asked smiling sacastically down to the boy who shuffled into my arms restlessly.
"No." He grunted pulling me closer as I went to get up. "I need to tell you about yesterday."
"Well I'm hungry." I laughed, trying again to weakly detangle myself from his brawny grip. I ended up staying to hear the news of what he had mentioned in the car last night.
He sighed before he began, seemingly not being to sure of where to start as he turned on to his back and looked around in lost flickers.
"Hyunjin. He was killed." He began letting out a short hitch of his breath before carrying on, "San, another member of this allied group, tackled me to the ground wielding a machete and held it against my throat. Hyunjin threw him off me, falling beneath him and struggling as he told me to run. He said that I had to live for you, that I had more reason to live than him and that he would be fine. Eventually, the worst case scenario was that San had grabbed my dropped AR and could of killed us both. So I did as Hyunjin wished, I ran. Not seeing what happened to him afterwards."

He choked on his words the further he got into the story, it was horrifying since I'd only seen the mentioned boy just a day before. I grabbed his hand as he stared up blankly, not to sure on how to reply.
"You did all you could, Juyeon." I sighed trying my best to console the desolate filled boy in front of me.
"I guess, I still feel as if I could of saved him. It was my fate and... he took it for me." He began stifle back tears, this would be the first time and only time I've ever seen Lee Juyeon cry. I took him into my arms, allowing him to sob slightly into my shoulder. There wasn't anything but a few sniffles, however I could feel his pain seethe through me. Lifting his head up to look at me, he cleared up appearing solemn still as his eyes batted a few remaining tears.
"It's not your fault, he'd just be happy you listened. Never feel guilty for something that wasn't your fault and something you had no control over. I'm just thankful you're here." I smiled at him wiping the remaining and singular tear that fell upon his frail skin. He nodded hesitantly, in that familiar zoned out persona he always had.
"Can we eat now?" He asked, bringing a smile to my face as he swept away the hair on my face tucking it behind my hair sweetly. I replied in a nod, swinging my legs off of the bed eagerly.

Slipping on the velvety material of my clothes, I awaited Juyeon who threw his billowing shirt over his head lazily. Boisterous ruckus filled the hallway familiarly, the rest of the boyz were either arguing or laughing and it was unclear which one it was. Approaching the large wooden door frame that breached the kitchen, I was met by all 10 of them gathered around the kitchen table conversing.

"No I'm telling you, I was taking a nap and then I was like what's that noise and th-" Kevin stopped mid-sentence as he saw me appear, unbeknownst to what he was talking about I walked in. Each boy turning their attention to the door as they noticed Juyeon and I's presence.

"Hello." Hyunjae smiled suspiciously, a grin pinned to his devious expression. A small gash had been made on the boys face, beside the crevasse of his prevalent and teasing dimple.
"Good morning? Nice to see you too?" I replied slightly confused to strange greeting and conspicuous expressions that painted upon each face across the table.
"So Kevin, the noises sounded like someone breaking in huh?" Younghoon asked the boy about the previous story, everyone around him let out a similar snicker to the comment.
"And then somebody getting murdered?" Haknyeon added earning a louder chuckle from the group of boys howling around him. Putting my slices of bread into the toaster, I turned around even more so perplexed.
"Ignore them." Juyeon brushed past me putting his own bread in the toaster and slipping his arms around me afterwards.

I soon realized and matched the story to what Kevin had said earlier. I covered my appalled and reddened expression with my hands out of embarrassment.
"She's caught on, everyone shutup." Sunwoo paused the boys around him sternly. They all reverted back to minding their own business, resuming to regular conversation. They'd all been wounded in some way, whether it was the black eye painted upon the left side of Sangyeon's face; or Eric's busted lip that had dried in a small scabbing.
"So what happened yesterday? Is it over?" I asked as I took the golden brown glazed bread out of the toaster successfully.
"Well we're all in tact, it should be over for now Y/N." Sangyeon chuckled to himself from his seat at the end of the granite table, his legs elegantly swung upon the surface.
I returned a laugh, sitting down next to Juyeon with my plate as he brought his own.

"We should go out tonight and celebrate or something with drinks." Hyunjae suggested, leaning back into his chair panning his eyes around to the others.
"Good idea. It's been so long since any of us ate out. Well except from Juyeon of course." Eric laughed at the innuendo he had made, my mouth could of almost dropped to floor in shock. The room erupted in laughter, everyone else just as shocked at the comment.
"Are you looking for a death wish kid?" Juyeon scoffed jokingly, half-serious as he slouched his arm across the back of my chair.
"Shutup the both of you and yeah, can go for a meal tonight." Sangyeon sighed getting up from the table to make himself a renewed cup of coffee, whilst the others squabbled childishly amongst each other.

"So tell me the details Y/N." Eric leaned over the table duplicitously with Haknyeon and Chanhee.
I rolled my eyes with a sigh, ignoring the trio that desirously awaited my answer.

--

AUTHORS NOTE

awh and they're all back together alas.. ♡︎
they're all so irritating pls teheh.. ''

i had an idea.. i'm gonna write a wall post about it anyway.. but when this book is over.. would y'all be interested in a character breakdown/ analysis of each character I've chosen and why??.. there's a lot storylines in my books and i write a lot of things deliberately.. it's just an idea.. ig ?♡︎

hope enjoyed reading once again, wishing that your day or night guides you with love as always, ☘︎︎

clover <3