CHAPTER NINETEEN

Y/N POV

Sunwoo scuttled around the cabin with a limp, his right leg being too painful for him to walk on. I'd tried to convince him to rest, but the boy was too stubborn. After removing the two bodies from the cabin, he sighed defeatedly. Slightly collapsing over the stove, I quickly slipped myself beneath his arm and helped him walk over to the bed. He sat on the edge wincing slightly as he settled in his spot.
"I'm fine-" He argued going to get up once again, placing his hands beside him and pushing himself upwards ambitiously.
"No." I put my hands on his shoulders sitting him back down. "You're not. Now quit it, you'll make it worse."
He grunted arrogantly, laying his head back down and facing the ceiling to gather a void of thoughts between himself.

Taking it upon myself, I finished making the coffee sachet he had opened. I brought it over, he wrapped his dainty fingers around the handle taking it from my hands.
"I don't like this." He huffed grumpily sitting up and then slouching slightly.
"The coffee?" I asked slightly offended since I'd gone out my way to make it for him.
"No." He chuckled slightly rubbing his eyes, "just feeling weak, I don't like having to recover."
"Well, you have to. You're not giving yourself time to heal, you're hurting yourself." I sighed sitting beside him on the bed as it sank.
He lifted his shirt hesitantly , showing the multiple stab wounds. They were the ones Sangyeon had mentioned, they all were so deep and clean cut - yet they all seemed to be treated well. However, Sunwoo wasn't giving himself any time to rest and recover in fear of becoming inferior and helpless.
"Oh my goodness." I gasped out at the various injuries to the boy's flexed torso.
"I know they're bad." He dropped the material of his shirt with a lateral sigh and ran his fingers through his auburn tinted hair.

Growling eagerly, the sound of an engine ruptured and popped out on the porch. Coming to a halt, the silence was met with two pairs of footsteps that tapped and waded across the graveled path outside. By his side, Sunwoo gripped his gun just in case, as the lock began to shuffle and click.
The worn door opened with ease, stopping with a creak that hit the wall behind it impactfully.
Kevin walked in solemnly, Sunwoo's grip left the gun beside him with an eased fall.
Awaiting an official such as Sangyeon, I sighed knowing Juyeon probably wouldn't come out here. All thoughts were proven wrong, as the noir haired boy unexpectedly stepped through the doorway soon afterwards.

Running up to me joyfully, he swept me into his delicate embrace. I wrapped myself around him, slightly tearful to see the boy who had just lit up so incentively.
"I missed you so much." He sighed inaudibly into my hair, just easy enough for me to hear but too tranquil for the others. Feeling complete as he breathed against me in short relieving sighs and gripped my waist securely.

"What happened to you?" Kevin asked Sunwoo, who sat limply on the bed. The boy let out a short huff before lifting up his right trouser cuff to show his bullet wound.
"The traitor gang. They raided the place and tried to take Y/N hostage so it seems. They're out back." Sunwoo sighed pulling the material back down over his leg and sitting it gently back on to his ankle.
"You killed them?" Kevin reacted slightly alarmed to the statement, his eyes widening and breath hitching momentarily.
"Well yeah. It was either that or they take her." Sunwoo exclaimed with a sarcastic chuckle leaving his lips shortly.
"Ateez are not gonna like that." Kevin sighed in reply, seemingly just wanting a conclusion to the rivalry between the groups.
"So Y/N 's name is being thrown around in mafia?" Juyeon piped up, arms still tightly wrapped around my frame stepping from side to side.
"Possibly." Sunwoo sighed wiping his eyes tiredly.
"Who treated this? Yourself?" Kevin asked, taking the material of Sunwoo's trouser leg back up and examining the sown together wound.
"No, Y/N did." He furrowed his eyebrows in a wince as Kevin traced over it insensitively.
"Wow, Y/N. It looks like something a nurse would do." Kevin nodded approvingly, backing up from the boy as he was shooed away in annoyance. I smiled to myself, fiddling with my hands that Juyeon traced over lightly.
"Are we leaving then?" Sunwoo asked, slowly getting himself up from the cotton of the bed. Kevin nodded, slotting himself under his arm and helping him to the front door.

Juyeon and I stayed momentarily behind as they went ahead.

"You did amazing babe. I'm so proud of you. I'm so glad you're okay." He nuzzled into my neck lovingly. I could feel his smile slowly stretch across my collar bone. I turned around to face him, putting my hands on either side of his face. I grazed a reddened slash that had been made on his cheekbone. He winced slightly as I did so, in reply , I left a kiss next to the graze. I looked back to his deep orbs that glistened in adoration.
"I'm so glad you're okay too, Juyeon." I smiled full heartedly, wrapping my hands around the back of his nape. "I love you."
As I finished my sentence, he leant downwards and closed the gap between our lips. Capturing them so eagerly, pouring out his love and gratitude in slow movements. Sighing into the kiss, I smiled as he lifted my legs to wrap around his torso. His hands roamed the small of my back, as I ran my fingers from his neck to the strands of hair, gradually deepening the kiss.
"Oh my god." Kevin walked in, grabbing Sunwoo's stay bag from beside the door. "Y'all can carry whatever this is .. on at home can we leave?"
I laughed in embarrassment, jumping down from his grip and grabbing my stay bag from beside the bed.
"I'll have to take Sunwoo's car since he can't drive." Kevin said throwing Juyeon the keys to the two-door in front of us. He just nodded taking the keys with ease and throwing my bag in the trunk.

--

AUTHOR'S NOTE

awh a reunion alas.. ( ◕◡◕ )♡︎

ahh.. hello i'm back! i'm sorry.. it's been a hectic week for me .. a 6 day gap between updates is a long time for my usual schedule.. :((

as always hope you enjoyed nevertheless !.. ♡︎

sending you the best of luck for your upcoming week! ♥︎

clover <3