CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

Y/N POV

Waking up in a foreign country for the first time was enchanting, the birds tweeted and the sky overcast in a pale coat of grey clouds. Juyeon beside me was still sleeping, little snores passing his lips as he breathed. If it wasn't for Chanhee banging on the door - screaming and yelling that he wished he kept the key card - we probably could have stayed in between the snowy sheets all day.

I threw my nightgown over my head and walked towards the door, opening it ajar to shut the boy behind it up quickly.
"Hurry up, if you're not both ready in 2o minutes we're leaving." He groaned rolling his eyes and stamping off back to his room across the hall.

"Juyeon." I shook the sleeping boy, his eyes fluttering open and adjusting to the daylight that seeped through the shear curtains on the balcony doors. He hummed, smiling slightly and dragged me on top of him back on to the bed.
"We have to get ready, they'll leave without us." I laughed as held my waist tightly preventing me from getting up.
"They won't. They'll just complain." He replied, however he soon let go, so I could get ready in time.

I picked an outfit from my suitcase, running to the bathroom to get ready. Juyeon did merely the same, taking more of a relaxed stroll then making any performative effort of getting ready any quicker. He hadn't even put a shirt on yet, wearing another pair of black skinny jeans on his legs. He neatly styled his hair, in the mirror beside me as I applied small amounts of makeup. He caught eyes with me as I watched him take small sections of his black hair and correct them in to place. I smiled as we shared a giggle between each other, he sprayed his cologne onto his neck and bare chest - the intoxicating smell irresistibly filling the bathroom we stood in.

He threw a shirt over his head, tucking it in to a thick leather belt around his waist. Once he was ready he signaled me a small nod, I smiled at him and headed towards the front door. Snatching the key card from the table, when I opened the door the boys were stood in the hallway ready to go. The only ones not in the mix were Sangyeon and Hyunjae - both of them attending the meeting with the designers team later today.

"Okay they're here, can we go now?" Changmin sighed in annoyance as the others all nodded and grumbled amongst themselves. The elevator back down showed the busy streets of Paris, the grey sky obscuring the streets below. The weather made the busy street we walked out on to feel so cozy, despite being surrounded by such a rush of people.

Juyeon and I walked slightly behind the others, as they began to explore the high street the hotel was located on. I was shocked when he grabbed my hand, it's not like we hadn't done that before. It was different this time, if anything it was the first time we'd actually been out as a couple. He smiled at me when I looked down at our interlocked hands, his were a lot bigger than my own. It only made me smile back as he held me closely in the lively street.

The boys in front of us had split off into different store fronts, Haknyeon dragged me into a small store across the street from where Chanhee dragged Juyeon - splitting us both up.

"Why have you brought me here?" I asked as Sunwoo and him looked between each other suspiciously.
"You like perfume don't you?" Haknyeon answered slightly taken back from the question.
"Yes but Chanhee has kidnapped my boyfriend." I replied, looking out of the store front to see if I could at least spot them across the street.

Changmin blocked my view, turning me around to face the others that had began walking around again looking through the aisles of the fragrance shop. It had other small items in it, like cheap jewelry and crystals. I found myself delicately picking up a matching set of couple necklaces, he wouldn't wear this. I sighed putting it back on the copper hook they dangled on.

"He would wear it." Sunwoo appeared beside me causing me to jolt slightly as he took them back off the hanger.
"How did you know that's what I was thinking?" I furrowed my brows, turning to the brunette boy beside me.
"I mean why else would you put it down." He replied shrugging, as I took them from his fingers.
"Do you really think he would?" I huffed, looking at them before glancing back up at him.
"Y/N, Juyeon would wear pretty much anything as long as you bought him it." He laughed ruffling my hair and walking back over to the others.

I thought about his words slightly before walking to the cashier. I just prayed on that being right, maybe he would wear the necklace. The lady at the cashier, placed them gently in a gift bag, tied elegantly with a red satin string. I grabbed the bag from her and thanked her politely before looking for the rest of the boys.

Flocking at the back of the store, Haknyeon seemed to be on the phone to someone as the rest argued amongst each other.
"I can't stall much longer there's nothing in this store." He ended the call when he saw me, merging into the argument.
"Listen, Changmin is a floral guy." Eric displayed a fragrance bottle from one of the glass shelves.
"No, he's definitely more musky and dark." Kevin argued back, Jacob siding with him as they all squabbled.
"Y/N, what do you think?" Eric asked me as I was dragged into the conversation upon arrival.

I stepped down the few wooden stairs that separated the more expensive fragrance section from the rest of the store. I looked across the bottles they were stood in front of, before picking out a tanned crystal bottle.
"I personally think aromatic wood." I handed Changmin the bottle, which he sprayed on his wrist hastily.
"She's right. I actually like this one." He agreed to which surprised the other boys - seemingly shocked by his reaction. This whole act of theirs did seem like they were stalling entirely, I just couldn't figure out why. I shrugged it off, as they moved on to Kevin.

When the store bell chimed, Chanhee and Juyeon entered the store. I eagerly left the group to meet them as they entered through the oak framed door.
"Where did you go?" I asked the two of them as they looked between each order with a confirming glance.
"I just took Juyeon to look at clothes, have you seen him? He wears the same black distressed skinny jeans everyday." Chanhee responded making me giggle slightly before turning to the others.
"Hey-" Juyeon refrained from arguing the comment before closing his lips and directing his attention towards me.
"Did you end up getting anything?" I frowned as he seemed empty handed.
"No, not for me anyway. Nothing was really my style." He sighed, looking at the bag in my hand and pointing towards it to ask what was inside.
"I'll show you when we get out." I smiled as the others lead us out of the store, talking and laughing amongst themselves.

"Can we go there?" Kevin gasped pointing to a cozy looking cafè a while up the street, it was dimly lit and industrial in appearance. It was up to the rest whether we would stop for a beverage, or carry on with the small wander through Paris. It felt more as if I was traveling with friends, it was times like this I forgot they were actually a mafia group and every time realized they were just boys.

--

AUTHORS NOTE

good evening all ♡︎...

breaking news: choi chanhee stages a kidnapping of fellow member lee juyeon.. how mysterious.. ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)..

i hope your weekend is treating you well as always.. ! ily and keep yourself safe!..

wishing you plenty of comfort and love over the many oceans that may separate us.. ♡︎

clover <3