CHAPTER TWENTY SIX

Y/N POV

I slept in my old room that night, waking up on the Sunday morning alone was stranger than ever. No Juyeon beside me, I was shocked he didn't wake up to apologize or at least ask me to come back. I sat up with a long sigh, I was upset that was for sure. I stared at the sunlight as it gaped brightly through the window and reflected on to the teak floorboards beneath the the bed.

The bedroom door opened slightly, the glint of hope crashed within me as I realized it wasn't Juyeon. It was Chanhee, dragging a suitcase into my room with his dainty arms.
"Good morning?" I flagged the boy who stood up straight and looked at me oddly.
"Good morning, we're packing you're stuff now the flights at 6 tomorrow morning. Therefore, we need to be at the airport by 4 to check in on time. So I'm packing everyone's things because I don't trust y'all to do it alone. Well, I trust you, but I'm being nice to you. Just this once." He spoke at a record speed, running his mouth across syllables like a hyperactive whippet.
I nodded along unsurely as he began neatly folding things in specific ways, such as sweaters and dresses. I was shocked, it was an unbelievable skill.
I helped him by packing the rest of my things neatly in uniform rows across the suitcase lining.

"Oh can you take these back?" I handed him Juyeon's hoodies from the cabin trip, it wasn't spiteful. I just thought he might of wanted them back, considering they were ones he wore. That didn't stop Chanhee from raising an eyebrow at the gesture.
"What is this? Post break-up clearance? Just keep them." He scoffed, zipping the suitcase up hastily.
"We haven't broke up idiot. He's just in a mood." I sighed laughing slightly at his impatience.
"Keep them then." He rolled his eyes, standing up and crossing over his arms.
I held the hoodies out with my right arm extended, he eventually gave in and snatched them off me with a long sigh. He left the room with a small slam as I began raking through my wardrobe.

"He said keep them." Chanhee soon walked back in handing me the hoodies.
"Well say he can have them back." I pushed them back, he rolled his eyes, once again knowing I wouldn't back down. Leaving for a second time, the door closed with a louder and unruly slam.
"He yelled at me." He soon cowered back in the room, the pile of hoodies in his hands and unsuccessfully returned.
I groaned taking them and throwing them into the bottom of my closet slightly aggravated.
"If this isn't post-breakup clearance then why are you so upset over some fucking hoodies?" Chanhee scoffed pathetically, his arrogant stance speaking volumes.
"I'm not upset over the hoodies." I sighed, sitting on my bed solemnly.
"So you're upset with him." Chanhee filled in the gaps, sitting down beside me.
"Congratulations! you've just won a brand new car!" I rang sarcastically, mocking every TV game show to emphasize how overtly obvious his answer was.
"Have you tried talking to h-"He began but soon cut himself off. "Nevermind, yes I have no advice."
"I'm just gonna wait it out and see how long it takes him to start talking." I sighed, tapping my fingers against the sheets wonderingly.

--

It soon rolled over to dinner time, I brushed past the crowd of boys gathered around the kitchen island and sat at the table.
"I was gonna sit with Hak-" I noticed Hyunjae complaining, he was stood talking to Juyeon and as soon as the other noticed my gaze he was quick to cover his mouth.
"I'll sit with Haknyeon." I shouted over to the two, realizing they must have been talking to each other about the flight. It seemed, Juyeon was trying to switch seats to avoid me.
It hurt, like a bitch, but I didn't seem to let it faze me as Haknyeon walked into the kitchen.
"It's Mr. Steal yo girl." He pointed finger guns sarcastically at Juyeon, sitting beside me at the dining table. Juyeon was angered, as much as he tried to conceal it and take the idiotic joke. His jaw locked slightly and his eyelids narrowed. He shook it off, blinking and turning away.

A few of them had made a group effort on dinner, it's safe to say I'll never look at 'Spaghetti Bolognese' quite the same. Whether that was the water that gathered at the bottom of the plate or it was the looks Juyeon kept sending me from across the table. It wasn't much of a glare, it was rather a blank stare. The one I didn't like, the way his fringe fell across his face. His sunken eyes speaking 1000 different words as his crystal and honey tinted skin lit dimly by the ceiling lights.

I was quick to finish dinner, scraping my fork across the plate and sliding over to the dishwasher swiftly. I left my cutlery in the plastic compartment, slotting my plate into one of the metal racks with the small clashing ruckus it always made.
"I'm going to bed early, since we gotta check in by 4." I smiled to the group, dragging myself out of the kitchen uneasily. This was draining. As soon as I had made my way up to my room, Sangyeon had followed me up - surprising me when i turned around to see the boy stood there.

"Hey, I needed to talk to you about something." He smacked his lips with a short sigh, he clasped his hands and sat on the bed beside me.
"Sure, what is it?" I asked slightly concerned over the sudden and mysterious nature of the statement.
"You see." He began looking between me and the wall ahead, "I need to know, what's happening with you and Juyeon. I needed you both, in Paris for apart of the mission and it doesn't seem like anything will go to plan with you both like this."
"Wait, what?"I glanced at him slightly perplexed.
"For our mission, I needed you and Juyeon to pose as a celebrity couple - invited by the designer - on the front row of Fashion Week. However, considering the current state of your relationship. I think you being untrained is definitely the least of my worries." He hinted towards the tension and pre dinner time conversation with Hyunjae. He looked around the room, seemingly quite anxious as if he was hiding a stress burden beneath his almighty exterior.
"I'll do it. It's him you've gotta ask now." I sighed gathering my things from my bed and setting them aside.
"Easier said than done." Sangyeon chuckled bittersweetly, leaving the room soon afterwards.

--

AUTHORS NOTE

oh dear y/n .. what's wrong with juyeon.. _

haknyeon most irritating but bestest boy award (•̀•́)و

hope you've all had a good week regardless.. mine could have been better but not long to go until graduation!.. ♡︎

sending you love as i always do..♡︎

clover <3