CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE

Y/N POV

Silence, that familiar, distinctive tension that fell upon us every time something went wrong among us. Sitting quietly on the bed, curled up on Juyeon's lap in the Penthouse, everyone was in the room around us. No one was sure who would exactly break the silence first, assuming it would be Sangyeon, most gazes had fixed on their leader as he stared into thoughtful space.

"What happened?" Sunwoo seemed confused about the situation, no one really knew who the attacker was - or why she had dressed like an upperclass supervillain with intention to murder.
"I think she was his wife." Hyunjae replied, his lips snatching into a thin line across his cheeks.
"No matter who she was, it doesn't matter anymore. What matters is, we've got the money, he's signed a contract not to turn us in and none of us were injured for once." Sangyeon sat up taking control of the conversation, everyone seemed rather relieved to have him fill in the gaps. "This has been one of the most successful missions yet, if you think about it."

All of them nodded on reply, mumbling amongst each other as the mood livened slightly.
"I know this might be uncalled for." Haknyeon began as he leant back into the sofa cushions. "But I'm hungry."
A string of "Me too" 's and "Same" 's filled the room along with a few chuckles.
"We can go out for food again later, it's on me." Sangyeon smiled to the rest, his brown fawn eyes curling into a brief glee before setting back to stone. "We leave Paris soon, so we may as well make the most of it."

As they began to leave, I turned around eagerly to face my lazily sprawled out boyfriend. His arms had been draped over me the entire time, he moved them to my cheek - grazing over my jawline with his thumb when I faced him. I smiled as he returned the sweet and blissful expression painted upon my diminutive face. I rested my head on his chest, nestling into collar bone in a tired affection - he combed through my hair with his careful fingers, separating knots and stroking the baby hairs down towards my hair line.

Not another word was spoken between before I'd fallen asleep, whether that was because of Juyeon's comfort or today had completely drained my not-so-durable social battery. I could still feel his eyes watching as I slept - not fully conscious to catch him, not fully unconscious to not notice.

--

Waking up, it had been one of those naps where I felt like I'd slept an eternity. The time on Juyeon's phone printed 10.30pm, we were lucky that in Paris most bars and restaurants didn't truly close until the early hours of the morning. So I didn't panic when I heard a thudding against the door.

"Get ready we're leaving in 10." Chanhee shouted from the other side, Juyeon had fallen asleep beneath me - his tired eyes waking to the bright lights shining from the ceiling above.
"5 more minutes." I mumbled, nuzzling back into his chest completely engulfed in my need to sleep more than anything.
"Oh how the turns have tabled." Juyeon laughed, flipping me over so that he fell on top of me.
"Tables have turned." I corrected him, laughing as he giggled to himself. That's what I loved about Juyeon though, street intelligence wise he was like an addition to men in black. However ask him a basic maths question and I doubt he'd answer within the next 5 minutes.

Crawling out from beneath him, I managed to escape so I had time to get ready. I threw a dress change over my head, it was the one I'd picked - the cream satin wrap around. I wanted to wear it before we left and tonight would probably be my only opportunity. I couldn't zip it up alone, therefore I decided to fix my hair and makeup with it gaped open at the back. I looked pretty - exceptionally pretty today. I knew that myself as I painted lip gloss over my peach stained lips. I rolled my mascara wand over every individual lash, closing the bottle with a snap before calling Juyeon.

"Juyeon." I yelled into the main room, he walked in wearing neat black dress trousers and a carefully ironed white button up shirt. His pearl cufflinks dazzled brightly under the fluorescence of the bathroom light and a black tie hung lazily around his neck not tied or straightened yet.

"Could you zip up this for me?" I asked brightly, who could blame me for zoning out at sight behind me. He looked at the dress for a second before smiling vibrantly. His hands took the zip and slowly pulled it to the top of where the metal met. I had been completely immersed by the well dressed boy - his gelled hair falling apart as it always did towards the end of the day. I preferred that way if I was honest - so when he went to fix it I grabbed his hands and adjusted hair for him. Pulling down that one strand that fell on to his forehead always and smiled at him as he looked down slightly perplexed.

"It looks better this way?" He asked as he checked the slightly messy hair in the mirror across from him.
"It looks good anyway. However I like this way." I smiled as I took the opportunity to tie his tie - knowing fine and well he'd of asked me to. Wrapping each strand and around the other and forming a small knot. I brought it up to his neck as he smirked cunningly - his cat- like eyes upwards in a cocky gaze.
"You look stunning." He held on to my waist, gripping my sides with his palms, I panicked nervously and giggled.
"Thank you, I mean, I guess I must say the same." I stifled my chuckle, removing his hands and running out the bathroom quickly.

I slipped on my shoes, the cream stilettos that gave me no height against the boy beside me. He chuckled to himself, taking more of an arrogant cruise as he always did - then making any effort to rush to meet the others. I picked up the room key and my purse, linking Juyeon's arm before leaving.

--

AUTHORS NOTE

Juyeon is a scary man ladies.. ♡︎ ask him what 5 + 5 is though i dare u tehe <3

well the day i'll post this will be a wednesday, so i hope you've all had a good week. If you're at school or work, I hope the weekend speeds up for you - it's been a long week. ♡︎

sending my love always..

clover <3