CHAPTER TWENTY THREE

Y/N POV

Glistening in a dim amber flicker, the restaurant was darker and glittered slightly in a highly expensive shimmer. On the other side of the tinted glass, the view of the city glowed through the miniature windows in distant skyscrapers and apartment buildings.
"Reservation for Lee." Sangyeon lead the group once again, speaking between the waiter in a blunt interaction. Receiving an anxious nod from the server, we were lead to a table in the far corner of the restaurant. Seating myself beside my boyfriend, Chanhee sat himself on the other side and the others placed themselves at random elsewhere. The table cloth was a heavy satin material, bestowed upon it were plastic lily flowers and hefty extended cutlery sets.

Juyeon unfolded his menu, mirroring the image, I did the same. What is this menu? All the names were in a different language, the prices next to them were more expensive than my monthly rent payments. I looked over to Juyeon rather perplexed, he looked up noticing my gaze and giggled to himself slightly. He slid his chair closer to me with a muted shuffle and pointed to each menu item.
"Steak. Fancy steak. Steak, nevermind all of this section is steak." He spoke lowly, I laughed as he moved down the page, "Pasta, chicken-"
"Can you just order something for me?"I sighed with a giggle still not understanding the menu. He chuckled with a nod, scanning the booklet once again before closing it.

The waiter rushed over after a few minutes, beginning at the farthest end of the table where Juyeon and I were sat.
"pasto per due." Juyeon pointed between the two of us. "We'll get the numero quarantasei, pollo grigliato."
I looked at him shocked to hear him speak in another language, to the seemingly native speaking waiter who nodded along and scribed on his miniature notebook attentively.
"He only said grilled chicken, don't boost his ego." Chanhee rolled his eyes whispering to me, I laughed along in reply. Glaring at him bitterly, Juyeon reached across the back of my chair, hitting the boy on the back of the head lightly.

The atmosphere that had settled was still peculiar, whether it was the dried gashes and bruises that settled upon the each of the boys faces. Alternatively it could of been the rising tension coming to a steady fall amongst us, the aggressive minds of the boys moulding back into place. Either way, the smiles each of them bestowed made me feel an ounce of relief after everything. Even Sunwoo, he smiled as they told stories around the table, laughing along quietly and adding the odd cherished comment.

The food arrived and as expected they ate like they hadn't been fed in months. I picked at the rather sumptuous looking chicken in front of me, it was presented as if it was being presented to royalty. Juyeon looked at me and frowned faintly, taking his own knife and fork cutting the meat for me.
"What do I look like? A child?" I scoffed sarcastically elbowing him.
"You're not gonna eat if I don't." He shrugged going back to his own chicken and continued his meal.
"Not to interrupt the elderly couple arguing, I would like to make an announcement." Sangyeon sighed from the end of the table where he usually would sit.
"We're going to Paris." He began, earning an eruption of gasps from some of the other unaware boys around the table. "Don't get too excited, it's an undercover protection for the CEO of a brand at fashion week next week. I'll explain more when I get the details, we'll leave on Monday."

"This is exciting." Juyeon placed his hand on my thigh, his lips curving into diminutive smile.
"Tell me that when we're doing a replay of everything that's happened in the past 48 hours." I chortled ironically, to which Juyeon chuckled and shook his head.
"That doesn't mean we can't have some fun whilst we're there." He pouted slightly earning an eyebrow raise from Chanhee and I who were sat beside me.
"Is everyone done?" Sangyeon asked down the table, earning a cacophony of 'yes' and grumbles from the group around him.

Paying the outrageous bill, we left the restaurant stepping into the grandness of the elevator. As soon as the door opened on the ground floor of the car park, Chanhee caught up to me swiftly.
"You know Y/N." He began, glancing over to Juyeon who walked with Eric in front slightly. "A few months ago, I would of paid good money to see Juyeon speak to anyone the way he does to you."
"What do you mean?" I knitted my eyebrows together slightly puzzled by the choice of words.
"I mean, beforehand, Juyeon was one of the coldest people I'd ever met. The most words you'd get from him were either short grumbles or a threat. Suddenly you arrived and I want a refund of that money I would of paid." He sighed with a chuckle lightening up his words earning a giggle on my behalf.
"I hope that's a good thing I guess." I stifled a short laugh, as Juyeon turned around to see what had earned such a reaction from me.
"Oh believe me, it is." Chanhee laughed once again before catching up to Changmin ahead. Juyeon swept in by wrapping his arms around my waist.
"What's so funny? What did he say to you about me?" He whined in a joking manner, burying his head into my neck and snickering slightly - trying to retrieve an answer.
"Nothing important." I teased him with a short giggle, slipping out of his grip and running as he chased me to the car.

"I hate this relationship." Changmin sighed in annoyance as we ran past him menacingly.
"Juyeon with or without the girlfriend." Haknyeon piped up from behind them making, a half serious proposal to their joke.
"You know there's something I miss about the constant fear, that he was going to physically hurt me for my existence." Eric sighed reminiscently, holding his hand over his heart in a sarcastic demeanor.
"Everyone in this house wants to do that." Changmin retorted before they reached the car, earning a chuckle from the boys around him.

Pulling my seatbelt across my body, I clicked it in place as the rest of the boys piled into the car.
"Do you wanna go shopping? Like to the mall, to get clothes for you to go to Paris?" Juyeon suggested next to me as he sat down - leisurely tugging his own seatbelt across his torso.
"Really? I mean yeah that sounds great." I smiled at the suggestion, he returned the bright expression in a small smile.

Taking my hand in his own, the car ride home was pretty tranquil as per usual. The moonlight combined with the polychromatic oranges of every street lamp, leaked into the car as we passed. The air conditioner blew an icy air, leaving a small background noise that churned and resonated through the car. I observed each boy, most looked peaceful and jovial, as their faces rested - either browsing their phones or chattering amongst each other. My eyes finally located themselves upon Juyeon, his black hair falling on to his forehead messily. His gaze was already fixed on me, scanning my features notably with his cat-like eyes. I moved the falling strands of hair out of his face, he smiled adoringly and wrapped one of his arms around me in order to pull me closer to him in the night.

--

AUTHORS NOTE

awh.. they're so irritating .. anyways ( ˘ -˘)♥︎

it's odd when the book moves locations.. i find myself writing a lot more description than usual.. ♡︎

it's a difficult task to find the right balance between description and dialogue.. it's something i do enjoy though ♡︎

hope you did enjoy! and have a lovely start to your week.. ♥︎
sending you love always..

clover <3