CHAPTER ELEVEN

Y/N POV

The night sky was painted a jet black, the silver of the stars gently peering through. Juyeon laced his fingers with my own as Sangyeon drove down the highway at what must of been at least 90.
All of a sudden, someone's phone began to ring loudly through the car. It was Younghoon's, he took it out his pocket to answer.
"He's driving." Younghoon said down the line, glancing towards Sangyeon in the drivers seat.
"They what-"The color had suddenly drained from his face, "We'll meet you tomorrow at our base."
He ended the phone and put his head in his hands.
"Who was it?" Sangyeon asked looking at the boy through the wind mirror.
"Chris, Bang chan."He began, "The traitor group contacted them, they want Changmin and Juyeon to meet them. If they don't, Stray Kids take the hit."
The car was silent for a while, Juyeon froze next to me, his hand stopped tracing my own and the others looked between him and Changmin.
"Everyone pack your shit, we're leaving here tonight." Sangyeon spoke through his teeth and drove ahead.

The car was silent, complete silence until we got to the beach house. It's as if the flip of a switch turned these boys back into the ones I had first met. There was an aura of anger that overwhelmed the group as they got out the car and slammed the doors violently.

I packed my things, Juyeon's too. He was talking with Sangyeon in another room, I decided to leave him until he spoke to me first. Perhaps I shouldn't but once again Kevin's advice. I finished folding his shirts and packed them in his bag as well as my own.
The door opened, Juyeon walked in with the same lifeless expression he had just a few nights ago. Stone cold, yet I knew something was going on behind his eyes, which once glistened with amber flecks, now obscured with a blunt charcoal tone.

"You didn't have to do this for me." He spoke soft and quietly. Lifting the bag from the bed, he sighed and sat down.
"I don't mind. You've got too much on your mind anyways." I smiled at him half heartedly, looking as he sat in front of me.
He wrapped his arms around my waist, leaning his head against my back. I turned around as he looked back up at me and smiled.
"You're gonna be okay, aren't you Juyeon?" I cupped his face with my hands, sweeping the hair from his face.
"More than Y/N. I've survived worse than this." He chuckled lowly, he pulled me down to sit on his lap, "so don't worry about me."
I looked at him, trying to force myself to smile despite every red flag inside of me flashing at the thought of him being in danger. I pecked his lips with a light kiss, yet he pulled me back in for longer one.

As we pulled away, I stared at him with unintentional solemn.
"What are we Juyeon?" I asked, watching his brows furrow as I did so.
"Well, whatever you want us to be." He tried to catch my eye line as I looked away.
"What do you want us to be Y/N?" He smirked to himself as I blushed slightly avoiding his gaze more now.
"Well I-" I went to answer but stopped, refraining when I saw him staring back at me with the familiar sharp gaze that sparked a cacophony of butterflies from the pit of my stomach.
"Would you like to be my girlfriend Y/N?" He filled in the sentence, the way he phrased it was intoxicating. I smiled to myself whilst thinking of an answer, watching my thumbs twiddle on my my lap.
He clasped my hands with his own, pausing them from the anxious fumbling I did as I thought.
"I would like to, yes." I replied finally meeting his gaze again, as he flashed a smile at me once again. He kissed me again, smiling into the action, snaking his arms around my waist as he did so. I tangled my hand in his hair, the other settled on his neck.
Losing track of time, we didn't notice how long it had been until the door swung open loudly.
"What the fu- what am I seeing?" Changmin walked in as me and Juyeon froze. We cleared our throats and sat apart from each other pretending nothing had happened.
"Yeah, whatever. Juyeon I need to speak to you." He said signaling for Juyeon to follow him out.

I composed myself as Kevin walked into the room when they left. He smiled at me, wriggling his eyebrows slightly.
"So Changmin knows now?" He giggled sitting down opposite me.
"I think so." I hid my face in my hands out of embarrassment.
As the moment passed I looked at him on a more serious note.
"I'm scared though, Kevin. He lies to me to stop me worrying, he says he'll be fine. That he is fine. When it's clear to me he's not." I sighed running my fingers through my hair.
"He is fine Y/N. There is no fine when it comes to Juyeon. He's always one way or another, don't worry about him. Him and Changmin will get through this easily. Plus this group is down to 4 members because of the ones they killed. We've got a plan." He grabbed my hand reassuringly, I smiled back at him.
I was grateful for Kevin, he's a great source of comfort around this place. He's wise, he knows how to talk to people. I could locate the issue with every member in this group the more I got to know them, except from him. He wasn't flawed with psychotic outbursts, or mood swings, or filled with rage and anger. He was just like any other person, perhaps that was his weakness.
He was too emotionally attached, to be apart of something so cynical and conniving.
"We're leaving now guys." Sangyeon called down the corridor, waiting for us to meet him at the door.

--

AUTHORS NOTE

the plot thickens.. (Д)

ahhh this was a rollercoaster of a chapter.. i hope you all are invested still tehe .. ˙˙̮

i've been so tired from exam pressure lately.. just found out my finals are cancelled so i've been so busy i'm sorry i haven't kept my pledge to update daily.. (

have a beautiful evening or morning depending on your time zone..

with love

clover <3