CHAPTER THIRTY SIX

Y/N POV

News on the attack had spewed throughout the city, I couldn't read french but deux femmes tuées lors d'une attaque d'un événement de mode privé, sort of spoke for itself as it plastered itself upon numerous laminate billboards across the city buildings.

Ignoring it like we'd never seen a thing, we'd arrived at the restaurant zone just close by the eiffel tower. We were there because Chanhee begged to go see it before the trip was over. Clambering out of the leather seats, Juyeon held my hand and helped me out of the car preventing me from stumbling. He smiled at me contentedly, linking my arm through his own as we strolled up to a snugly lit restaurant.

Vines weaved their way up to the ceiling, where dangling lights glinted down on thin wires and illuminated the entire restaurant floor. A finicky waiter escorted us to a table towards the back, a classical guitar sang lowly in the background of the tranquil restaurant. We ordered food rather quickly, considering we all hadn't eaten since this morning. The waiter scribbled against his notepad, the pen scraping in tiny scratches across the paper beneath it.

They all talked amongst each other, mostly about the usual business - money, cars, Haknyeon's inability to function on 0 glucose intake after 2 hours.
Sitting between Juyeon and Changmin - it felt like night 1 all over again. It reminded me of when we first met, if anything. No matter how many jokes we could poke at each other for it - I was grateful for what they did, I could have ended up in a much worser place if they didn't.

Juyeon was confused when I leant my head against his shoulder, looking down at me to check whether I was okay.
"You okay?" He laughed and lightly pushing a strand of hair behind my ear.
"Yeah, I was just thinking." I chuckled, I looked down at my bare hands, the painted gloss on the top of them chipping only vaguely.
"Penny for the thoughts?" He laughed, quoting himself from all those nights ago when we were sat on the beach.
"It's just, what would of happened if you didn't save me that night?" I laughed bittersweetly to myself, as his brows furrowed. He took my hand, that was rested on my knees and sighed.
"We would of been much different men Y/N." He returned a short laugh, sensitively grazing over the subject.

It was inevitable he was cut off by food arriving, we were sharing pizza across the table. Laughing and smiling as the stories continued. No matter whether these boys had blood family or not, they were their own family and that was what mattered to them. As cold as they were, as much as they loathed the society that raised them, they were always just boys. Boys with more feelings than it seemed to anyone that met them. They had their feuds, I knew that as I glanced between Juyeon and Sunwoo watching them laugh as the others made pathetic comments across to each other. It wasn't long until Sangyeon made his occasion speech, clearing his throat before beginning.

"I wanted to say something, I've been thinking about it for a while now. However, today proved my instincts right." He began, everyone in the room sharing perplexed glances in response to the cryptic start. "Y/N, today you saved the mission. I never had to tell you anything, you took a huge risk and made one of the most calculated and intelligent moved I've seen among anyone in this group. That's why, I've made a huge decision in regards to your role with us at the boyz."

This made me slightly nervous, it was more the cryptic phrasing than the out of character praise from their leader.
"You're no longer just Juyeon's girlfriend, someone who lives with us, but a member. I think anyone can agree after today you deserve that title." He looked around at the others before meeting my eyes again. "Is everyone up for it?"
Most of the boyz raised their hands in favor, however there was peculiarly, one hand down.

Sunwoo didn't raise his hand, the brunette instead sat with his hands beside him and stared at everyone as they looked at him. No one said anything, instead just looking at him with a judgmental and baffled stare. That soon faded, when the boy let out a mischievous cackle, raising his hand in favor - making a joke back to the first night we met.