CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Y/N POV

Sunwoo and I had built a barrier of pillows between us both. Avoiding speaking to the arrogant boy, I turned in a huff, without passing a word to him after the argument. The night was filled by an immense silence, the crickets wailing solemnly in the distance. Barely sleeping a wink, Juyeon's absence had taken its toll on my tireless mind; I laid awake for hours until the sun eventually cracked the deepening night sky.

Sunwoo shifted beside me, sitting himself up lazily and rubbing his brown doe eyes. His hair was in messy strands that stood up slightly on the side he had slept. He glanced over at me, shocked I was awake so early as the sun intruded the small window of the cabin.
"How long have you been awake?" He croaked lowly, swinging his legs over the side of the crooked wooden bed.
"I haven't slept." I spoke in a small whisper, my voice weakened due to the lack of energy in my system.
"It's all gonna be fine Y/N, you should if slept." He sighed walking over to the stove where he began bringing water to boil.

The cabin had returned to a chilling ice-like temperature. A layer of frost coated the exterior of the thin glass windows and the wooden floorboards froze like ice. I shivered getting up from the white cotton of the bed below. Rummaging through the travel bag I'd packed, I yanked out a fleece jacket Juyeon had thrown in of his. Pulling it over my head, the smell of his cologne and brand of cigarettes faded into the soft material. Scrambling back to the covers to conceal warmth, Sunwoo lit the wood burner once again - noticing my panicked reaction to the cold.

Handing me a cup of herbal tea, the maroon haired boy sat back on the covers crossing his legs messily.
"I'm sorry." He said lightly looking up, sipping his tea afterwards.
"It's fine." I rolled my eyes, knowing he struggled to contain his anger and that I should cut him some slack for the belated apology.
"They should be arriving at the base anytime now." Sunwoo said looking at the clock that displayed the time, ticking quietly on a branch of timber.
"I'm scared to be honest, what if they managed to obtain an alliance in these few days?" I asked putting my empty porcelain cup on the nightstand beside me.
"They won't have an all-" Sunwoo was cut off by a loud bang that erupted chaotically from the front door.

Scattering to the side drawer he pulled out his ammo-loaded gun, approaching the front door that boomed and panicked in a frantic ruckus. The door flew open, whacking the wall behind it in a merciless thrust. Two towering men raided the cabin, both black haired and smirking in an frighteningly intimidating demeanor.
"What the fuck do you want?" Sunwoo laughed as if the appearance of the two was unbelievable.
"We're just paying a visit. However she's not with the boyfriend. Are you cheating on him with this fool?" The first one to enter asked teasingly standing in the doorway. All of a sudden he whipped out his gun pointing it at the opposing Sunwoo.
"Go with him or I'll shoot him." The shorter one of the two taller men whipped his gaze over to me.
I looked between the two before hesitating for a while. Soon after, I began creeping over to the other man stood by the door in order to save Sunwoo's life and preserve my own.

A piercing bang erupted through the cabin, exploding in a cacophony of menacing ripples.  I whipped my head around to the noise, that's when I realized. It wasn't one shot, but two.

One of them had been shot through his skull, cruelly bleeding out on to the floor underneath him. Sunwoo on the other hand, held on to his leg.  A wince passing his lips in a sharp wheeze. He'd been shot in the calf, the bullet wound showing as he lifted up the material of his black trouser leg to check the bullet wound. Grabbing the gun that had fell beside him, he was quick to shoot the other man in the same way. He let out a pained yell, collapsing to the floor beside his companion. Distraught by the sight of the two bodies in front of me I had no time to think, as I watched Sunwoo latch on to his leg in an excruciating pained cry.

I rushed to his side, helping him stand up to lay on comfort of the bed.
"Apply pressure." I threw him a T-shirt from the floor in a frantic state to ensure he lost as little blood as possible.
Opening all of the cabinets, I searched the loose shelves tirelessly in hopes of finding a first aid kit.
There had to be one, there always was in holiday homes.
Finally, below the basin I pulled out a small dark green tin embellished with a thick white cross that was scratched and dented on its shell casing.
Sitting the kit on my lap, I dragged a creaking chair to beside the bed where he laid - holding the T-shirt over his leg with any strength he could gather.
Taking his hand away from the wound, he looked nervous as I took out the thin metal tweezers from the first aid kit.
"Do you know what you're doing?" He urgently grabbed my wrist looking at me unsurely.
"For your information, I was training as a paramedic when you kidnapped me Mr.Kim." I sighed watching as he unknowingly let go of my wrist in a fearful manner and laid back on to the bed.

(TW: MENTION OF; NEEDLES)
I took a deep breath, and began to close in on the metal bullet. I grabbed the silver between the tweezers, dragging it out of the wound as quickly as I could. Sunwoo yelped lowly letting out another painful wince. The white sheets below, were now stained in a scarlet red splatter. I disinfected the gash with medicinal spirit before grabbing a needle and stitch.
"This is gonna hurt like a bitch." I said threading the material from the kit through the needle carefully.
"It's fine just get it over with." He sighed leaning his head back on to the pillow uncomfortably.
I began sewing from the top of the gash, finishing at the bottom. Swiftly stitching the wound together to make it as painless, as I possibly could in the terrible circumstances. Once I'd finished, I wrapped a bandage around his leg securely, pulling down his cuffed trouser leg to back where it was.
"I didn't know you knew how to do that." He sat up slightly, his leg staying put - limp from the injury.
"Well, I'm full of secrets." I chuckled putting the first aid kit aside.

——

AUTHORS NOTE

oh so Y/N is SMART smart ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)..

me thinking last chapter was graphic.. me editing this one  ❀ܓ( ).. oh well i hope you enjoyed as always !..

of course as always when i write darker chapters, i wanted to let you know please wind down if you need to!.. don't go to sleep upset.. i have 1984 in my works for you to read if you need some cheering up or mind clearing !.. listen to some music watch some yt!..  (˙˙)

take care of yourself always ♡︎..

clover <3