CHAPTER THIRTY TWO

Y/N POV

We'd been sat in the café for a while now, a low jazz instrumental played in back. Juyeon suggested we sit separately from the boys around him. I smiled and agreed - nevertheless they seemed offended - Haknyeon throwing a napkin at us childishly.

We'd sat on the roof, it was lit up by iridescent fairy lights, glowing in pretty ambers. It overlooked the high street, people surging down the cobbled pathways as taxi cabs clogged the traffic on the main-street. Juyeon looked at me with a sincere smile, as much as I hated his unreadable stares - I had gotten used to the boys obnoxious gaze by now.

"He looks at her like food." Changmin scoffed to the others - disgusted - shaking his head in disapproval.
"Yeah like a slice of meat." Chanhee replied chuckling along with him.
"Shutup, have you ever seen Juyeon look at someone without the death stare? It's love." Kevin hushed them both from the table across the roof from us, we were alone on the roof - meaning there was no other noise to drown out any of our conversations.
Juyeon turned to them causing them to proceed mumbling amongst each other, when he turned back around I stifled a small giggle.
"What?" He chuckled lightly at my amusement, picking at his croissant with his fork.
"Nothing, it's just you getting pissed at them is funny." I replied causing him to roll his eyes jokingly.
"Don't encourage him. He needs anger management." Chanhee shouted over, Juyeon turning back around causing him once again to shutup very quickly.
"Choi Chanhee, you're asking for a death wish." I yelled back over, earning a chuckle from the table.

Remembering I'd bought the necklaces earlier, I picked up the diminutive gift bag from beside my legs. Gently unwrapping the velvet string and taking the box out. Juyeon watched me carefully, taking the box from me as I held my hand out across the table.

"I don't think you'll like it." I chuckled solemnly, as he furrowed his brows - not having opened the box yet. He carefully cracked open the pretty case, hooking his finger beneath the chain and taking it out the box. He smiled at the silver chain, fiddling with the rose quartz crystal that dangled from the bottom.

"I love it." He giggled sincerely, endeared by the small pendant. He unclasped the chain, attaching it around his neck eagerly. It looked so pretty on him, despite the boy being dressed in all black and appearing as intimidating as ever - the necklace was a complete contrast of him. He took the second one from the box and got up from his chair. Walking around my own, he crouched down and clasped the thin chain around my neck. His fingers grazed over my skin, causing me to recoil in a ticklish giggle. Planting a small kiss on my cheek, he went back to his seat - sitting down with a gleeful grin plastered to his lips.

"I really thought you'd hate it." I laughed to myself, nervously toying with the crystal attached to the chain.
"Not if you bought me it." His eyebrows knitted together in disagreement - softening into a smile when he saw my own cheerful expression.

Sunwoo in the back table, turned around to say I told you so. I could tell from his patronizing smirk, I glared back at him in annoyance - going unnoticed by Juyeon who had been completely enchanted by his necklace.

Someone's phone began to ring, looking likely to be Jacob's as he slid it out from the pockets of trousers and slid across the screen.
"What? Now?" Was all he replied to whoever was on the other end of the line.
"Okay sure. We'll be back right away." He replied before hanging up and meeting our awaiting gazes.
"Sangyeon said we need to be back immediately. He's got more intel on what needs to be done tonight. Y/N, he wants to speak to you." Jacob called me out, everyone turning to me and appearing just as perplexed as I was.

Regardless, we were all curious and that caused us to rush leaving the café - picking up our things at lightning speed and stepping back on to the streets of Paris. We weren't far from the hotel, we'd only wandered a block or two, however the walk back felt like we were 3 cities out of its radius.

Juyeon held my hand on the way back again, the streets were so colossally crowded that I appreciated the gesture more than ever. Dragging me back inside the hotel that was no exception for the bustling evening on the horizon. The elevator sang as we approached our floor, Sangyeon and Hyunjae already waiting for us on the other side. They chatted amongst each other briefly about what they'd found out from the designer and his management. Sangyeon nodded at me, gesturing that I followed him and spoke to him privately.

"I'm going to ask you a favor." He sighed closing the door behind making sure others were out of the way.
"Where's this going?" I laughed sarcastically at the situation, he stifled a small chuckle before beginning again.
"One of the designers models flight got canceled this morning, they can't get into Paris because there were no flights until the next day. Would you be up for taking her place?" He looked up with a slight ounce of hope mixed with a doubtful gaze.
"No!" I laughed as he sighed and leant against the heater behind him.
"Come on Y/N. Just this once, I'll genuinely pay you." He huffed seemingly stressed from the whole situation at hand with tonight.
"I mean if we're talking money," I smirked as the hope returned to his eyes, "then I can reconsider."
"You're exactly like him and I'm terrified of that." He laughed as Juyeon walked in to the room to find me, wrapping his arms around me.
"What did he say to you?" He asked, cocking an eyebrow up at me and the man stood opposite.
"He wants me to replace this model who can't get to Paris tonight, I said no, then he said he'll pay me, then I said I'll reconsider." I retold the story to Juyeon who smirked in a amusement at Sangyeon's comment when he walked in.
"That's my girl." He laughed proudly, ruffling my hair in adoration. Sangyeon left, slightly icked by us both. I giggled back as we went back to join the others.

Something about tonight made me nervous, I had no clue about modeling. I also didn't know how to act in one of these missions, I wish I hadn't been dragged into it.

--

AUTHORS NOTE

good morning ! ♡︎

juyeon necklace feed pls <3

ahhhh.. writing for y/n gives me nervous chills.. if Sangyeon asked me to do that I'd straight up tell him NO.. I don't care how much money you put on the table .. _

tehe anyways i hope you all have a brilliant start to your weeks ily always !

sending love from beneath the sunrise,

clover <3