Chapter 10

Y/n pov

About 20 minutes later I hear a car engine get closer and closer and eventually stop, fairly close to where I am. I think that's him. I want to get up and go to his car so he doesn't have to get out and look for me but my body feels so weak I can't even open my eyes. The crying's died down but there are still occasional sniffles here and there. I hear the car door open and close, his footsteps are getting louder as he's looking around.

"Y/n? Where are you?"

He's whispering but it's still loud enough for me to hear. I can't open my mouth, it's too much of an effort and my body is too tired to respond. Instead, I groan loudly and hope he hears what direction it's coming from. I think he understood my non-verbal, more animal like communication because he stopped asking where I am and he's getting closer. I should start to move, but laying in the tunnel is so relaxing.

"You're really gonna make me climb up this playground aren't you?"

I groan again and he laughs. It puts a little smile on my face, his laugh is kinda cute.

He climbs up the stairs and crawls into the tunnel with me.

"You're gonna have to help me here, I won't be able to get you out of here without your help."

I open my eyes and see him leaning over me slightly. He's wearing a black hoodie and his hair is out of his headband. I like it out, he looks kinda hot not gonna lie. I have to move otherwise I'll be stuck in here forever. He puts his hand out to me and I take it without question. He drags me out of the tunnel and helps me stand. I can barely open my eyes I'm so tired, not to mention the crying.

"You look like hell."

Ouch. I don't think he has a very good filter, I can't talk though, neither do I.

"I mean, you'd look like hell if you were harassed to the point where you had to jump out a window and run away and hide in a playground."

"Fair enough."

His expression drops slightly, I think he feels bad for saying I look like shit considering the circumstances. He looks at me in my eyes and squeezes my hand tighter as he leads me out of the playground. We reach the bottom and we walk to the car, he's still holding my hand, I don't know why he hasn't let go yet but I'm not complaining. He opens the door for me and helps me get in before he gets in his side. Still that same cigarette and cologne smell, it makes me smile. I lean my head against the window and close my eyes, I can't wait to go home.

The ride is silent, he can tell I'm not in a huge talking mood. It's not an awkward silence though, it's probably because he knows I'm tired and you can't really make conversation with someone who's half asleep. We're about 5 minutes into the drive when he asks me a question.

"What happened tonight?"

A lot happened tonight, I don't know if I should tell him all of it, but he seems like he genuinely wants to know.

I told him about the party and the drinking, but when it got to the part with the guy, I stopped. I didn't really want to tell him what happened, I don't know how he would react.

"Don't worry y/n, you can tell me what happened."

I thought about it for a second before I spoke again.

I explained everything that happened in the bedroom and how that guy was touching me. I looked over to see Keishin's hands tighten on the steering wheel, I could tell he was pissed off. I moved on and told him about me jumping out of the window and running away.

"And then I called you."

It was silent again for a couple minutes before he spoke again.

"I'm really sorry that happened y/n. Teenage boys can be so immature."

"And older guys aren't? All men suck."

He smiles and laughs a little.

"Yes, they do suck."

I smile at his comment and close my eyes again.

The rest of the ride is quiet, it doesn't take long to get home after that. He pulls up outside my house and I thank him.

"Thank you so much Ukai, I owe you."

He shakes his head disagreeing.

"No you don't owe me anything, I would never leave you in the middle of nowhere, especially after something like that happening. I'm just glad you're safe and at home now."

His words rush through my body, making every inch of me feel warm. I smile and wave, shutting the door and stumbling into my house. I go inside and get in the shower straight away. I feel so gross, I just want to sit under the running water for hours. I wash my body and my hair before getting out and drying myself. I get a clean change of clothes and get into bed. I text Hiroki to say that I'm home safe, I don't think I'll tell him what happened, he would never let me go out again. I plug my phone into charge as I get another text, it's from Ukai.

Ukai pov

I get home and decide to text y/n. I just want to make sure she's okay after tonight. That sorta stuff shouldn't be happening to girls, especially at her age. She's so young, I can't help but feel guilty on his behalf. If that piece of shit lays another hand on her I'll kill him for real.

I pull out my phone and type a message. I want her to know I genuinely care for how she is, usually we joke around a lot but I think it's time to be a bit more serious.

Ukai: Hey are you okay? I just wanted to make sure you're alive. If you're already asleep just text me in the morning to say you're okay, or come to the store so I can see how you are in person

She texts back almost instantly which is a huge relief.

Y/N: I'm alive, just very tired and stuff. I'll still come to the store tomorrow, I need to go food shopping anyway. Thank you for checking on me btw, I appreciate it a lot :)

Ukai: It's no stress, wouldn't want my assistant coach to go dying on me

Y/N: You'd miss me too much

True, I would miss her too much, she's good company to have around and she's a good help around training, those are the only reasons though.

Ukai: More like I'd be left alone to coach 2 teams

Y/N: Rude.

Ukai: I'd rather be rude than dead

Y/N: Fair, anyway I'm so tired I have to go to bed now

My heart sinks a little when she says that but I know she needs sleep.

Ukai: Gn, see you tomorrow, bestest coach ever

Y/N: Gn Keishin :))