Chapter 19

I slept like a rock. As soon as I closed my eyes, I was out. Waking up was a big issue though. Well, having to have Yue shake me awake was a pain, I guess I didn't hear my alarm. My eyes fluttered open and shut every now and again when I was packing the rest of my things.

Eventually, I managed to move my team out of our temporary bedroom and to the bus. It was 5:30am and still dark out. Everyone silently chucked their bags on the bus and took their seats, everyone was too tired to speak, including myself. I watched the boys funnel out of the school and slump towards the bus I was already sitting in, all of them are in the same state as us. Takeda trailed behind them, ushering them along, he seemed to be far more awake than us. I would close my eyes and go back to sleep immediately, but I haven't seen Ukai yet. I just want to see him once before I pass out again.

Luckily, he's following just behind Takeda, cigarette in one hand, his other in his tracksuit pocket. He catches my eye from the outside of the bus window and winks. I smile back at him and close my eyes. I can sleep finally.

TIME SKIP

It's been a couple days since the training camp, school, training, sleep. That's about all I do, and I spend most of my time with the same people, Keishin to be specific. But as much time as we've spent together the past couple days, we haven't talked about that night in the change rooms. I'm beginning to worry that he regrets it, or thinks it's a bad idea. We have training today and I'm nervous to say anything. He doesn't seem to be acting different around me or anything. But that's just making me even more confused. I have no idea what he wants anymore. I should probably just ask but I don't want to upset him or bring it up before he's ready to talk about it properly.

I don't think there's any harm in just asking him to talk after practice, I'll say it's for training drills or something. When we're alone, he can decide if he wants to talk about it yet or not. But still, he has to say something soon.

...

Later that afternoon, I walk to the gym after school. I always get there earlier than everyone so I can change in peace. Also so I can set up the courts for everyone. Ukai usually rocks up a couple minutes late, so I'm always there early to get everyone started. I join in, of course, I'm still a player, and I don't want to come off as bossy.

But today when I walk into the gym just after getting changed, Ukai's already there. He's leaning against the wall on the opposite side of the room to me, scrolling on his phone. The doors shut behind me and make a loud noise. He looks up at me and smiles. Fuckkk. He's so gorgeous, I don't know how I got to kiss him, let alone have a shower with him.

He stands up off the wall and starts walking over to me. I do the same, meeting in the middle of the gym. We stop moving when we get 1 foot apart. I can't help but stare at him, I love studying his features. His sharp jawline, his soft hair. He's even got a couple of freckles that rest over his nose and cheeks. You can only see them up close, which is the reason why I realise we are standing really close right now. I don't move, but the closeness is noted.

He reaches his hand out slightly and links one of his fingers with mine.

"Hey" he says, voice low and quiet, there's still a soft smile on his face.

"Hey" I repeat back, I can't help but feel my smile growing bigger as I watch his grin open, showing his white teeth.

I hear a loud thumping sound, I can only assume it's Kageyama and Hinata outside racing to see who gets to the gym first.

"-NO! I GOT HERE FIRST. SEE- HEYY!"

Ukai lets go of my hand and takes a couple of steps back, putting more distance between us.