Chapter 13

Y/N POV

I'm really excited for this weekend, I can't wait to go to Nekoma for the training camp. Kageyama passed all of his exams but Hinata failed English by one mark. I met with his teacher and persuaded her to give him an extra mark so he can come on the camp. He owes me one.

We leave tomorrow morning, Ukai asked the principal if we could leave on Friday morning so we could get an extra day of training at Nekoma and I'm so glad he agreed. I'm kinda nervous to go away with the boys though, especially after Keishin telling me what they say about me behind my back. I hope Daichi is respectful if he's around when the boys are talking about me.

TIME SKIP

I set my alarm extra early, I don't want to be late for the bus. I packed all my things the night before and have them waiting downstairs. I grab my stuff and make my way to school. Daichi's already there with Suga and Asahi so I join them while we wait for everyone else to arrive.

A couple minutes later and everyone starts to show up with their things. We chuck all our bags into the storage space under the bus and wait for Ukai to get here. I'm not surprised he's the one we're waiting on, he seems to be late to most things. I smell smoke so I look around to see where it's coming from, I turn to see Ukai putting his bag in the bus with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth. I fold my arms and raise my eyebrows at him, why is he smoking at 6 am.

"What? I won't be able to smoke on the bus so lucky for you, I'm being nice and doing it now instead."

I roll my eyes and smile as I walk away. God he's so annoying, so why does he always make me smile?

Takeda tells everyone to pick a partner for the trip, he says that we should do most things in pairs to prevent people from getting lost or something like that. I'm looking around for Yui because I'd like to be her partner for the trip, when Daichi taps me on the shoulder.

"Yes Daichi?"

"I uhh was wondering if you'd want to be my partner?"

Oh I wasn't expecting that.

"What about Suga?"

Daichi and Suga do everything together so I don't know why he'd want to come with me instead.

"Suga's going with Asahi and I figured seeing as though we're both captains it would be fitting."

Fair enough, I don't mind going with Daichi, the only negative would be that we can't go in the same change rooms so hopefully neither of us will need help when we are separated.

"Yeah sure, I'd love to be your partner."

We board the bus, Daichi and I are last on, besides Ukai and Takeda. We sit in the second front row and Daichi lets me have the window seat, he's such a gentlemen. I think Ukai offered to drive first, Takeda takes the empty seat in front of us while Keishin gets in the driver's seat.

It's still really early and I didn't get much sleep last night because I was too excited for the trip, but now that we're on the bus, I can go back to sleep now. I rest my head on the window and close my eyes.

It's not long before we drive over a bump in the road and my head keeps banging the window really hard. I don't think I'll be able to sleep much here.

"Here y/n."

Daichi pats his shoulder, gesturing for me to rest my head on him while I sleep. I mean, I'm not going to object, I'm tired and I'm sure Daichi's shoulder will be more comfortable than the window. I smile at him and move to rest my head on him. As I'm moving, I catch Ukai's eyes looking at me in the revision mirror. His eyebrows are slightly furrowed and his eyes look tired. I stare back at him for a second before he looks back at the road. Weird.

I close my eyes and drift to sleep.

TIME SKIP

I'm asleep for most of the trip, until Daichi wakes me up just before we arrive. He said we have to make sure everyone's off the bus and got their things before we head into our rooms.

Ukai and Takeda swapped driving, we must have stopped and I hadn't noticed. Ukai's sitting in front of me now, he's leaning on the armrest, staring out the window. He looks to be lost in thought.

Takeda pulls into the school, and we all get off the bus. Daichi and I wake everyone who's sleeping, Yamaguchi has his head resting on Tsukishima while they sleep. I wake them and both of their heads snap up straight, cheeks going bright red. I smile and get the rest of the team off the bus.

By the time everyone's off, the Nekoma team and a couple others are waiting for us just near the bus. We all walk over to greet them and thank them for letting us practise with them. There's one tall guy in red standing at the front of the bunch, he must be the captain from Nekoma. He locks eyes with me and makes his way over to stand right in front of me.

"I'm Kuroo Tetsurou, Nekoma's Captain and middle blocker. And you are?"

His voice is very deep oh god, it's quite intimidating but I need to make a good first impression so they take our team seriously when playing us.

"l/n f/n, Captain and Ace, Karasuno."

His lips twist into a wide grin baring a row of sparkling white teeth. Ahhh why are all volleyball guys so attractive, ugh give me a break.

"Hmm interesting, I look forward to playing you, y/n."

"You too, Kuroo."

I show a similar glistening grin and turn back to my team. Daichi's glaring at me from over where the rest of our teams are. I feel like I'm in trouble for something.

I cautiously make my way back to the group to inquire about why Daichi looks like he's about to kill me.

"Uhh Daichi? Am I in trouble for something? You look like you want to strangle someone."

"Y/n, why were you talking with Nekoma's Captain?"

Why does that even matter? I don't know why he cares so much.

"Because he came up to me and asked me what my name is and what position I play, that's all. Is that okay, or am I not allowed to talk to anyone here?"

I make sure to emphasise my question, I want him to know I'm pissed.

I see his face relax as he drops his head to look at the floor. I can see his cheeks going red which is weird, I've never seen Daichi so flustered. I'm glad my words stung him a little, I hate when guys don't let me do what I want.

"Oh no, I didn't mean it like that I just- I- I'm sorry, you and him just... I don't know..."

What does he mean, me and Kuroo?

"Me and Kuroo what?"

"Nevermind, let's just get our bags inside."

Well, that was weird.

Daichi turns away to get his bags, when I grab his arm.

"Daichi, I'm sorry I got upset, I just don't like it when people try to control what I do."

I pull him in for a hug, I don't want it to be awkward between us the whole trip, especially because he's my partner for the weekend.

"It's okay y/n, I understand why you'd get upset. I know you hate people telling you what to do."

We both laugh and pull away from each other. Everyone has already started taking their things inside, we should probably do the same. I go to get my things from the bus and I see Ukai leaning against it with his arms folded, eyebrows furrowed and staring at me. Oh my GOD what is with these guys looking so angry with me, can y'all just leave me the fuck alone?