Chapter 37

Minjoo's POV

Was this going to be it? Was our love so vulnerable and weak? I want to beg, plead, get down on my knees and tell her that her life here has meaning, that our love has meaning, in fact, I've already done so. Countless of time I woke up in the middle of the night gasping for air due to the works of anxiety. We used to call each other to sleep, leaving the phone on for hours and the first thing in the morning would be her voice saying good morning. I would be able to hear the sound of her sleeping, and she'd always be there, waking up immediately when I've a nightmare to comfort me. She was so detailed about my feelings, taking such extreme care and protecting me, and now I felt like i had lost my shelter, my home. Punching the number pad and dialing her phone at 3 am isn't going to work anymore. Drunk calling her and articulating nonsense, begging her and wailing like a child isn't going to make her change her mind. I even went the extreme mile of going to her house and waiting outside for hours — it was scorching hot at first making me sweat buckets and then moments later it started to pour. Drenched outside looking like i'm homeless, with such a high probability of falling sick but yet she still doesn't give a damn. I remembered how my legs aches so badly due to the prolonged hours of standing I literally fell on the floor. When I collapsed but still conscious I heard the opening of the gates, and when I thought the love of my life finally gave a damn about me, it wasn't even her at all. Ryujin offered to send me back home and took great care of me which i'm grateful for, just that it doesn't really matter as the person's not Yujin. And after all these all I felt was just me being desperate. But am I not? I had such little time to change her mind, to win her back, but seems like I've failed tremendously. I guess she doesn't love me enough to make things work anymore, her ears are closed and her mind has put up barriers to all new information. So no matter what I say it will only push her further away.

Yujin's POV

"Thanks for meeting me today." I sat on the bench swinging my legs back and forth. We were by the sea side gazing at the sunset.
"So I heard you're migrating, that's sudden." Wonyoung said.
"That's the only way they'll get Minjoo out of this ridiculous mess." I shook my head and looked up, "Promise me something will you?"
"What."
"Even if you want to report then to the police, can you please just make sure you report the correct person? Minjoo's innocent. Let them deal with their things first... and also, don't let Minjoo know about how her parents are treating her. She'll get hurt again."
"At this last point you're still caring so much about her." Wonyoung stood up and chuckled.

I sighed my hardest as though there was a heavy weight on my chest. I hope things are gong to be alright, it has to be. When I was about to leave the location, the shorter girl appeared in front of my very eyes.

"Yujin..." Minjoo came closer and held onto my hands.
"Why are you everywhere? Are you stalking me?" I replied with an annoyed tone.
"No I just... Its okay... Why are you here with Wonyoung?" She sounded pitiful.
"Am I obliged to tell you whatever I am doing? We're nothing now! I can do whatever I want. I have the freedom to choose whoever I want to go out with and whoever I choose to love. It's nothing got to do with you." I tossed her hands away and turned my body back facing her.
"You can choose who to love? What do you mean by that? You mean you've found someone to love already? You mean... you don't love me anymore...? You love someone else?"
"Yes! You're right! There's someone else that's on my mind now. It took you too long to unveil the truth huh?" I yelled.
"Don't.. yell at me... Yujin I don't believe you. The Yujin I know isn't like this...." Minjoo started to tear.
"What must I do to make you believe? The old Yujin you love isn't here anymore!" I grabbed onto Wonyoung and plonked my lips onto hers. I gradually closed my eyes and kissed her passionately. I had to do that, I had no choice. I had to make sure she hated me and that she hold a grudge against me, that's the only way she would forget about the love she had for me. When I was kissing Wony my heart ached more than ever, it's awful to visualize someone you love hurt in front of you, it's even more excruciating to be the cause of the hurt.

Minjoo's POV

I've no idea how I brought myself to the airport. I've no idea why did I have to put myself through so much of misery when I obviously know the moment she turn around and enters the departure hall my whole world would start crashing down. But a part of me still wants to see her one last time, a part of me wishes she would change her mind and stay. When I walk closer to the crowd it is with a fake mask of contentment. Our entire class is here, all hugging the 2 sisters, taking their last photos before they leave.

I stood silently at the side, watching her receiving all the love

"My best friend...... can you not leave? I'll miss you so much you know." Yena was being so clingy.
"You can always come and visit me, I'll call you regularly too!" Yujin hugged her back.
"Always remember us okay!" Sakara mentioned.
"How could we forget you guys!" Ryujin then chuckled.

Hyewon who stood beside me pulled me over to them, she whispered, "aren't you going to say your last wishes to them?"
"Ahhh ohh..." I forcefully laughed and scratched my nape.
I wish her well with the voice that came so naturally, "Stay safe, Ryujin ah." I was trying so hard to control my tears, I held 2 bag of gifts, one for Ryujin and one for Yujin. Both obviously had different presents in there, "Yujin you too... be well."

"Take care of yourself okay, always be well, always be happy." Ryujin beamed and hugged me tight. After she broke the hug, she nudged the blue hair girl was was clearly distracted diverting her attention elsewhere.

"Here, here's a present for you..." I handed it over to Yujin, "can I have a hug too... please?" I spoke softly. That very hug was perhaps the last ever hug I was going to receive from her, it was the last time i felt like home.

I tucked my face in her chest and once again I tried, "Can... can you give us another chance...?" I pleaded, "Can you not leave?"

Yujin departed from the hug and looked at me in the eyes, she would have wiped away the overflowing tears on my face but she didn't even bother, "Forget me Minjoo, I'm not worth it."

The two sisters then received the signal from their parents saying it's time to enter the departure hall.

Yujin then patted my shoulders, "I'm sorry. Please, please just forget me."

And my world really did began crashing down. As her figure got more and more distant, my tears flowed like an overflowing tap. No one could ever understand the ache I feel right now.

"Goodbye, Yujin... Goodbye my love." I muttered.

At some point, you have to realize that some people can stay in your heart but not in your life, the most painful goodbyes are those that were said and never explained.

——————————————————————

thank u for reading and sorry i'm not able to update quickly! keep a lookout for the next upcoming updates :>