Chapter 33

Minjoo POV

Butterflies can't see their wings, they can't see how beautiful they are, but everyone else can. She is the perfect example of grace because she is a butterfly with bullet holes in her wings that never regretted learning to fly.

Can't remember who I was, before my heart was broken. I stared into space letting all negative emotions consume my being once again, I literally have nothing to live for in life at this point. It was the most painful type of loss, the both of you, slowly melting away, making sure every nook and corner of my heart is burnt. My respiration rate increased and with the tightening of chest, I experienced anxiety — it's when butterflies in my stomach turned into bees. 

"Tzuyu we can't stay here forever. I'm sure she's somewhere! I'm going to look for her." Getting up on my feet and allowed myself to balance, took a few deep breaths to regain my composure. I've already lost Yujin, I'm not going to lose Mongchi. Okay Kim Minjoo you got this you got this. I'll definitely find her.

"I'll go with you!" The taller one responded.
"Tell me where did you last see her? And we'll trace the tracks and ask people around too."
"Let's go back to the mall." We brisk walked keeping an eye on the surroundings near us.

"Mongchi!! Mongchi!!!!" I hollered.
"Continue calling, Mongchi recognizes your voice." Tzuyu suggested.

I scanned all corners, under the benches and between walls, and even inside small holes.

"Excuse me, sorry to bother you but do you happen to see a small puppy, it's breed is a Maltese."
"Sorry, no." The man shook his head.
"Excuse me Sir, do you... She looks like this, here's a picture."
"Oh, I just arrived here I didn't see anything."
"Hi Madam, do you happen to see..."
"You lost your puppy?"
"Yeh..."
"Nooo i didn't see but do give me your contact i'll inform you if I chance upon it since I live around here!"
"Thanks"

After questioning afew dozen people, I felt lethargic, disappointed and hopeless. At Tzuyu's side the clues were also some sort of empty. I bend my back down with hands cupping my knees, my tears rolled uncontrollably down and splashing onto the ground. I'm tired of fighting. For once I want to be fought for.

But how do I say goodbye when my heart still wants to hold on? I don't want to give up, I'll not go home today till I find my puppy. Just when I was about to stand back straight up, a middle aged woman in brown short hair tapped my back.

"Hey miss, are you looking for a small white maltese puppy?" She beamed.
"Oh? Yes! How do you know?" My eyes lit up in delight.
"It was sitting so quietly by itself outside the entrance of the mall around 45 mins ago!"
"Oh!! Then? Then where did she go?"
"She was so well behaved waiting for her owner. We all thought she was so adorable because when stranger tries to ask her to leave she don't! But then when this girl that happened to walk past came by, your puppy galloped straight to her! So we all thought she was the owner."
"A girl? How does she look like?"
"From what I remember she has striking blue hair, a very tall young lady."

Blue hair? Very tall? An Yujin? No this can't be. It's too coincidental right? But at this point i'm praying it's her rather than anyone else, at least if it's her Mongchi is safe.

"Which direction did she go?"
"To the left!" The woman pointed.
"Thank you so much!" I bid farewell to her and sprinted towards that direction.

My legs took me to a traffic light T junction. The whooshing past of cars and the screeching of tires made my heart sick. It's late in the afternoon and no where near the peak hour where were these drivers rushing too? The alarming sound of the horns produced by reckless drivers increased the amount of stress in me, it made me frantic, intimidated and worried. I glanced around hurriedly to try to catch a glimpse of Mongchi, or the blue haired lady. I panted trying to catch my breath. The chilly air engulfed my throat making it itchy and uncomfortable, resulting me to choke and cough. The howling of wind got stronger, I rubbed both of my hands and placed in my thick black winter coat. And to my surprise, right at the other end of the traffic junction around 20 meters away, I spotted the blue haired woman, holding onto a white fluffy ball of cuteness. My heart jumped in gratification, I couldn't believe my eyes.