Chapter 30

Minjoo's POV

Isn't it funny how you can still love someone with all your heart when all they do is just smash it up into smithereens? There it goes again. That heavy feeling in your chest when you don't feel any desire to speak or move. All you want to do is to close your eyes and disappear from this harsh reality because the process of being broken is immensely exhausting. It's not like I've never tried to make myself smile a little. I've attempted to treat myself with my favorite dishes and even bought branded bags, I even distracted myself by going out with my friends. I studied hard, went to the gym, did some yoga. So why on earth am I keeping myself so busy? — The thought of the both of them lingers around my mind all day. It's like I could be bathing halfway singing my karaoke and when a sad lyrics suddenly pops in I'd suddenly be reminded of her. It's like I could be shopping with Hyewon in the mall and I would coincidentally bump into the both of them. It's like when the clock strikes 11:11 pm at night I would inevitably burst into tears, because I lost her. The saddest kind of sad is when your tears can't even fall and you feel absolutely numb. And it became a daily routine, watching Yujin from afar, admiring her each and every movement, and eventually getting hurt. I'm act pretty tough in school, and that's because the strongest people in the morning are those who cried all night, how pathetic. Felt like I've lost myself without her, she wasn't just a star to me, she was my goddamn sky.

I noticed how genuinely happy she was with Wonyoung. They went on study dates in the library, cafe hopping, coming to school with couple hoodies, late night movies, sleepovers, everything that I used to do with her. It was just a year ago when I was the one next to Yujin. Yes it's been a year, it's been that long since that horrific night. Yujin still barely remembered anything, and from what I've heard she still gets triggered when people tried to make her recall what she had forgotten. Her head would start to pound so badly and she would start to hyperventilate. There was once Ryujin landed her in the hospital due to severe hypertension, and from that time onwards, her parents was furiously mad causing Ryu to halt her actions totally. Seems like Yujin's really enjoying her life now. She had everything in place — a doting family that truly cares about her well-being, a sincere "girlfriend" that would give in her all for the relationship, a loyal best friend that's there for her through thick and thin, not forgetting having a handful of friends too. Does she even need me anymore? But why? Why am I ruffled? Shouldn't I be contented that the person whom means the world to me is blissful? I guess i'm still holding on to something that I know probably would never happen, because somewhere deep down inside me, I have this little piece of hope that someday, someday she will, someday she will remember me.

Yet another dreadful day.

"Minjoo! Where are you? Everyone's here already. Can you please come? It's halloween! It's going to be so fun!" Yena said over the phone.

They're having a halloween party this year at Yujin's and Ryujin's. The entire class is invited but does that mean I'll feel welcomed? I'd still feel like shit anyway. I'm just afraid I'd actually ruin the atmosphere there with my sulky facial expression.

"You've bought your costume right?"
"Hmm... yes..." I answered
"Then just come! I'd keep you accompany alright?" And I kept silent, "Hello Minjoo are you there?"
"Alright alright, I'll come. See you in abit."