Chapter 43

Minjoo's POV

An incoming facetime call

"Hi pretty, still busy?""It was an intense day

"It was an intense day... Wow and you just bathed? Going to sleep already? So early?"
"I just finished swimming and I think I caught a cold so I was planning to rest early." Lucas pouted, "You ain't going home yet? Have you had your dinner?"
"Oh my.. Okay go rest! And no i haven't ate! The clinic had an exceptionally huge load of patients today and I was rushing trying to attend to all their concerns. Yeji being on leave today isn't helping me at all."
"What? It's 930 Pm already and you haven't ate? What time are you ending work today?"
"Soon! I just ended my last consultation. After I hand over the instructions to the nurses in charge i'll be done!" I grinned, "Wait where are you heading to? You're moving about so much it's making me dizzy."
"I'll be there in 20 minutes."
"Wait what?" i tired to stop him while watching him moving around the house through the video camera, "You're sick can you just rest please?"
"Nah, I'm fine already. I can't let my baby be hungry."
"Lucas..."
"I'll wait for you downstairs near the lobby. See you! Bye!" The guy made his way to his audi convertible and waved at me through the camera.

He's always like this, caring for my well-being more than his. If you've already guessed, Yeji and I set up this small woman and pediatric clinic at a prime district in Seoul. The hospital setting was too intense, with the accident and emergency ward, everything was life and death. We decided that the hectic schedule ain't for us and we prefer something more chill. Since it's still a newly opened clinic, we gathered a lot of attention due to our furnishings and services. Since the center mainly specializes in woman and children, we renovated an indoor playground for the children to relax and have fun while they made their visits here. Our intention was to make it less traumatizing for the younger kids — I don't know why but toddlers always have this misconception that going to the doctors means there'll be an injection. Furthermore, to promote our branding, we're providing free full body checkups for our patients, incentivizing many to visit. Was children always my thing? Am i always good with children? I would say a definite no. But it was just probably God's will that I got into the this specialization. I'm getting better now though! At least I hope I am... The kids seems to be less intimidated by me nowadays.

Lucas fetches me to work and back home literally almost everyday. Sometimes I really wonder why did I even get myself a car when there's literally a free chauffeur who's insane, traveling all the way to send me to and fro. Moreover my clinic's situated 5 mins walk away from my apartment, there isn't a need for me to drive to work even. Just a update! I rented a apartment across the street as my house is too far away from my workplace. And Mongchi stays with me of course, she's my daughter! I'm just so thankful that she's able to entertain herself during the daytime when i'm not around. Every dog has their own unique personality, and Mongchi happened to be an independent fluffball hence unlike other dogs, she's perfectly alright staying by herself. Tzuyu and mom still still live together though, I'll go back every weekend for a short family dinner and catch-up session. To be honest, other's another contributing factor that influenced my decision of moving out, which is accidentally finding out about the truth — my birth parents. I actually had a strong gut feeling since young, and everything made sense. Mom was always so biased towards Tzuyu — i'm not being exaggerating when I said she gets all the glorious clothes and toys and I just had this limited pile of stuffs to play with. Mom's always more concerned over Tzuyu's well being compared to mine, like when we both fell from a bike accident she would be so riled up at me causing Tzuyu to be injured instead of asking me if I'm okay. Even if it isn't my fault, she'll mostly push the blame to me. When i was younger I thought that it was because Tzuyu's older and it's natural that she got all the attention, so i'll just sulk in a corner and brush it off awhile later. But doesn't matter though, I'll never hate my parents for this. Mom still took care of me well my entire life even though it was dad that made the mistake, no matter what i'll still give her the respect for bringing me up well even though i'm not her biological daughter. If not for the blood test that needed to be done at the hospital, I wouldn't have found out my true identity. At least i'm not being kept in the dark for my entire life! I wanted some time away from the family and also build independence on my own hence renting an apartment was ideal. And about dad, he's still unfortunately behind the bars. Visiting him very week for that short 30 minutes made me treasure every moment with that man. Damn I can't wait for him to me out... Soon I hope!