Chapter 42

(⁎⁍̴̛ᴗ⁍̴̛⁎)
A year later.

Lucas's POV

Looking towards the breathtaking scenery that was right i front of my eyes, the moonlight was like a long silver belt, surrounded by flowers and trees. In the serenade of the black, the stars are a choir; they are lights that sing in infinite patterns. Sometimes eyes need music, and sometimes, the darker the night the sweeter the song. We've always had our dates, and today's no exception. We're pretty comfortable sitting in silence just watching the stars. It's been a year plus since i've confessed to Minjoo. And today I might want to proceed a little further. I've planned something to perhaps surprise her, I hope. We were just chilling at the open area at Namsam Tower, overseeing a town that looked kind of puny. Suddenly, the rows of street lights of the towns lit up and flickered constantly, to pink then to blue then to purple, like a night of pearls filled with bustling streets.

"Eh?" The woman beside looked at me feeling puzzled, "I think my eyes just... wait never mind... maybe i'm just tired."
"Wait for it..." I smirked.

A burst of fireworks and firecrackers came from a distance, breaking the silence of the night. Fireworks cut through the black like they're super-imposed on the night, like the stars behind are only a backdrop brought in for the occasion. Every streak bares a curve of sorts, brilliant lines with a living feel, organic in the way they grow. The sound got louder and louder, and people were busy taking pictures while their conversation became more distinct. Instead of fixing my eyes at the illustrations from the fireworks, I starred at the ethereal beauty in front of my eyes, Kim Minjoo. She was watching the fireballs blast furiously. The fireworks wrote 'Kim Minjoo, I love you' before it ended its performance, and yes i did pay a huge ton for that.

"Wow Lucas, that's..." She pointed to the night sky in amazement.

I held onto her hands and uttered, "Minjoo, I'm
not going to lie, I've literally been spending almost half of my life liking you. I'm not good with words, but I'm sure through my actions, you're able to feel how sincere I am." I took at deep breathe and continued, "And tonight I'm going to take a leap of faith, perhaps, maybe, would you like to continue on this journey with me, as my partner?"

"Lucas I..."

Shit is she coming to reject me... My heart beat intensified.

"I'm not sure if I could love properly, I'm scared I won't be a good partner to you... But i'll try okay?" She stuttered.
"Does that mean you agree?"
"I'm abit scared... I'll hurt you "
"It's okay I really don't mind being hurt! We can try! It doesn't matter I'll just continue to shower you with love. Thank you, oh my gosh I can't believe this." I hugged Minjoo immediately after she said that sentence. I can't believe I didn't get rejected, I can't explain my intense excitement I feel. It was as if I ate up the fireworks. I guess it was really worth the wait, I promise I'll love her till the end of time, and I'm a man of words.

Yujin's POV