Chapter 46

Minjoo's POV

I was once told that if someone really values you they would never put themselves in a position to lose you

Angel: So why? What was the reason why Yujin left me?
Devil: Wonyoung!

I was fighting with the voices in my head. Okay that's enough. In going crazy queuing up for the slide in the water park, both because of the voices and how chilly the wind was blowing onto my damp body.

"Min you okay? You seem so off." Hyewon grabbed my hands and asked, "Yujin?"

"SHH..." I signaled that the taller girl is literally behind and asked her to keep her volume down.
"Okok I know I know."

This long and steep slide led us to the deeper waters and we were told to grab on to our floats tight after our gluts eventually crashed into the waters. I placed my bump on the start of the slide and weee off I go. The entire journey down I was thinking about Yujin. And how I hated that I didn't understand or comprehend my own emotions. Should I have studied Psychology instead? What an irony. A doctor yet can't seem to understand myself. I can't ask anyone for advice either. I'm with Lucas, it would seem like I'm cheating on him emotionally, and I would never let anyone know that. 'Hias' I let out a sigh and little did I know I already reached the end of the slide. I was so distracted by my thoughts I completely forgot what were the instructions given — to hold on to the float tightly. My sigh caused me to choke on the water and leading to my limb muscles loosening it's grip from the float. I could feel a massive increase in water entering into my throat and the amount of oxygen i'm consuming halted without a notice.

Someone save me...

Everything from my vision turned pitch black and I was so afraid to open my eyes —because maybe i'll be in heaven as I drowned to death.

"Minjoo?" Who's that calling my name?

Why am I feeling as if somebody's kissing me? That gentle touch of the lips seems familiar though, I wouldn't say I hated the thought of it. I coughed vigorously and I carefully peered open my eyes lids only to be greeted by a dozen pair of eyes starring at me, the closest being Yujin who had just done CPR on me.

"You okay?" Yujin anxiously articulated, with one hand on my head and the other holding my hands, panting.

"Huh.. Yujin.." I was confused for abit before the memories of what just happened flooded in. Oh damn. Did I just drown.

"I'll bring Minjoo back to the hotel first! You guys continue to play."
"Yujin but we're going bowling after this, you're not coming too?"
"Not sure maybe not? I'll take care of Minjoo first! Don't worry just go ahead without me."

Yujin's POV

At the age of 23, Minjoo's still needs to be taken care of. How can I or how am I able to know Lucas will legitimately care for her well being entirely? How would I know if he'll do a good job? I don't trust anyone but myself, but at the same time, ain't I a hypocrite for saying that? When I'm the one that hurt minjoo the most? A year ago I still had that mindset of letting Minjoo move on, hence i treated her coldly and bluffed her I was with Wonyoung. I lost her 7 years ago because I didn't have the power to control things. But now, 7 years later I am an influential individual in the business industry. I am not afraid of anything. The innocent Yujin in the past just wanted Minjoo to not know how about her parent's ill intentions towards her, hence zi got threatened to leave the girl just in order for her not to be hurt. Things have changed tables have turned. Even if she found out eventually since I broke the promise of coming back, I feel that Minjoo is old enough to deal with all these. And I'm more certain I'm able to protect and give Minjoo the live she's looking for.

"I just made hot chocolate for you." I was still damp from the waters hence I wore a bath rope, with hair tied into a low pony tail and furrowing my brows, I handed the frail girl over the mug, "Drink up."

Minjoo tugged herself in the sheets after bathing, experiencing a little bit of trauma from the incident that just occurred. With her icy hands still shaking, she received the warm cup of liquid. I sat beside her on the bed and expressed, "Are you feeling better?"

"Yes... Oh my that was frightening." She chuckled a little.
"Still dare to smile? You know you could have died? When will you be more careful and take care of yourself? I have no idea why isn't the lifeguard on duty at that time! Luckily I was the one after you and I realized you were gone and managed to save you in time! You know how worried I was? I'm so going to lodge a complaint to that water park company about the carelessness of this life guard. How irresponsible! He could have caused someone's life!" I didn't notice I got so worked up my face flustered red and my tone was furious and loud.
"I'm sorry..." Minjoo looked down and apologized, moments later I could hear sobbing coming from her.
"Min.. Why are you crying... Did I startle you?" I panicked, "Hey... I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say all those harsh words. I was really worried. I'm afraid I might lose you."

"Afraid you might lose me?" And the tears didn't stop flowing, I couldn't help but to lean over and wrap my arms around her. Decreasing the distance between our torsos, I allowed her to bury her face in my chest. This full body embrace made her calm down a little. I gently patted her head and said, "Yes, Don't cry okay? You're safe now."

I retracted from the hug and cupped my hands around her face. I cleaned off the tears on her cheeks, just like what I would do in the past. Goddamn it really breaks my heart to see her cry. Minjoo gazed up and stared into my orbs, I felt that our contact was so mysterious and intense. Goddamn it, I wished I had more control. 7 years of not having Minjoo by my side? How could I resist. I slowly drew my face closer and was uncertain enough to think she might spring away, or hit me like the movie-style, across the cheek with her open hand. Platonic friends? It was a stab right through the center of my heart.

I continued to inch closer so I could meet her lips, I realized that this was whatever I felt ages ago, the same exact feeling of butterflies. I've never once lost feelings for this woman. One of my hand remained on her cheek while I brought the other hand to interlock with hers and damn, I felt those sure hands tremble.

Our lips met, soft lips on soft lips. For the briefest of seconds, those lips, hers and mine were tentative, unsure of what they might find. They found their match in warmth and our mouths opened as if unlocked, and tongues met, and suddenly she was no longer she. When I thought everything was perfect Minjoo suddenly pushed my shoulders back and gave me a slap on the cheek.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"
"Sorry Min.. I..."
"Right! So is this how you play with people's feelings? You're with Wonyoung and here you are flirting with another girl? And you do know i'm attached right? Why are you still doing this? How many times must you hurt me?"
"Min I'm not with Wony, and I really never wanted to hurt you.." I hugged her again in hopes to try to calm her down.
"Seriously stop..." She pushed me away with all her strength, "You're going to make things complicated."
"You still love me right? I know you do! I could tell from the way you kissed me. Min, let's start over?"
"What? Start over? Are you out of your mind? Who do you think you are? Coming back after 7 years? Right after dumping me without a significant reason? Making me wonder why I did wrong for the whole goddamn time? And you're just simply asking me to come back like this? The audacity?"
"I had my reasons, but I can't say it because I didn't want you to be hurt. But I realized that both of us are hurting much more without each other. I was wrong, I was foolish, it was too late. But please know that I only had good intentions, I did it because I really loved you."
"Stop your bullshit, Anyujin. Why are you only telling me all these now? There's really no point." Minjoo insisted, she pulled away the sheets and made her way out of the room.

"Where are you going? You're still feeling weak!"
"None of your business!"

——————————————————————

Hello! thank you so much for reading! i'm feeling slightly better today as it's a day after the concert already but still really numb sigh. Also i'm trying to update as fast before april! Wiz if you're not feeling okay you can always side in my dms we can text heh❤️