Chapter 27

Minjoo's POV

I gazed blankly at the sight of the ticking clock. It's 11.11pm. Inhaling deeply, I sighed. Have you ever sat in the dark, wondering what the next day will bring? Have you ever been too afraid to close your eyes, just because the sight of unwanted memories just simple floods your mental capacity? I have been trying my best to get rid of the disgusting scenes from that night but it just doesn't seem to cooperate. They said time was what's crucial to heal, I agree, hence i'll patiently wait.

Having my parents at home made it a billion times worse. It felt so claustrophobic, an irrational and intense fear of tight or crowded spaces. They restricted me from doing so many things. They were afraid I'd mix with the 'wrong company' again and they only wanted me to study. Since i'm still recuperating, I'd got afew weeks of medical leave from school. I miss Yujin. It's been 2 days since I've got discharged and a week since I last saw her.

I locked myself in the confined area of my room, refusing to entertain any sort of my parent's nonsense, making the man and woman enraged. It doesn't feel like home anymore, it feels like jail. I couldn't stand their mindsets, totally irrational. The more i thought about it the more aggrieved I felt, how dare they not let Tzuyu talk to me too. My stomach has been growling for the entire night, I'd really want to go down to have a hot bowl of kimchi soup and ramen but what if I bump into my parents along the way, I'd probably lose my appetite.

I got up from my bed and went towards Mongchi, thank God for her, she's such a blessing. I picked the little one up and wrapped her in a cute bath towel that I recently bought for her, took a snap and sent it to Yujin. She'll be so excited to see how lovely the puppy looks. Look at our baby, she's adorable. Talking about Yujin, my heart sank again.

I could hear knocks on my window out of a sudden

I could hear knocks on my window out of a sudden. What? Am I hearing things? It's almost 12am, don't tell me it's... a ghost? Mongchi made her way towards the noise and waved her fluffy tail, full of beans.

"Mongchi! Come back! I'm scared!"
"Mongchi!"

And the little one didn't even bother about me. I frantically moved my hands around to find my phone, hastily grabbed it and dialed for Yujin's number. Please Yujin please pick up I muttered under my breath as I heard the knock again. And then a familiar ring coming from the window area was what puzzled me, ain't I calling Yujin? Why...?

I dashed towards the window with a bright smile elicited on my face, why am I so slow to realize things this time round, even Mongchi noticed it quicker than me. Everything that I once was apprehensive and disquiet about dissipated, I felt like a renewed soul, so light and carefree. The sight of her it's just like a cup of magic potion, giving me life, rejuvenating me in a split second. Literally no one has the power to do that, except Yujin. I swung opened the window and allowed her to crawl in. I hugged the taller girl as tighter as possible into my embrace, showing her how much I've missed every inch of her being. She leaned over and placed a gentle kiss on my forehead.