Chapter 29

Ryujin's POV

"I've done a full body checkup for Yujin. It's been confirmed that she doesn't have motor paresis nor sensory disturbances, but unfortunately, she displayed both retrograde and anterograde amnesia. I regret to say this but her recent memories are most likely to be lost, while more remote or deeply ingrained recollection may be spared. She recalled incidences from young and she still remembers her family members, but not be able to name the current school she's studying, know what month or year it is." The doctor came over to convey Yujin's health condition.

What... Does it mean she thinks we're still on bad terms...

Typical memory function includes various parts of the brain. Disease or injuries of any sort that impede the brain can interfere with memory. I've also understood that amnesia can result from destruction to brain structures which controls your emotions and memories. These structures include the thalamus, which lies deep within the center of your brain, and the hippocampal formations, which are situated within the temporal lobes of your brain.

I glanced at the pink haired girl next to me in concern, perhaps she's in even bigger denial than I am, Yujin doesn't even recognize her at all. Yujin and I only knew Minjoo when we entered high school. Hence Yujin has totally abolished the memory of the poor girl. 

"No this can't be! Doctor I'm sure you can do something about it!" She grabbed onto the arms of the medical professionals.
"Minjoo..." I tried to calm her down, "Doctor how long does it take for her to regain her memories?"
"Uh, this depends on the patient's own body condition."
"So what? a week?" Minjoo panicked, "2 months?", "I can wait!", "A year?", "Doctor can you say something?", "Forever...?" She got more and more despondent.
"Some patients can regain their memory in less than a month but some... won't. Some patients never ever recalled anything."

I held onto Minjoo as she collapsed onto the floor upon hearing the devastating news. My heart dropped upon the scene of both my parents and Minjoo, I had no idea how to calm them down when me myself ain't feeling the best either.

I led Minjoo to take a rest at the bench outside the Intensive Care Unit as my parents attended to Yujin. I offered her a cup of warm Starbucks Matcha Latte to soothe her throat, she has been crying the whole day I'm afraid this situation would lead her health to impede too, since I knew her immunity ain't that great either. I took off my jacket and placed it over her shoulders, she glanced at me with tears welled up in her eyes, "Thank you..." Minjoo than wrapped her arms around me holding me in a tight embrace. I reciprocated by doing the same, patting her back, I sighed it's been too hard for this girl, "Get some rest won't you?"

Yena's POV

Wony and I got ice cream before we headed to the hospital because we were too elated upon hearing the news that Yujin has finally woken up

"Minjoo! Ryujin!" I said as I saw the two sitting together on the bench, galloping over. "I rushed down here upon receiving your message saying that Yujin is awake! And yeah Wonyoung's here too."