Chapter 16

Minjoo's POV

Wonyoung? What a familiar name, have I heard it somewhere before? The thought trundled through my brain like a through train, with no intention of stopping. Her name filled up the entire capacity of my brain, dancing around as though it was in a circus. I tossed and turn furiously in bed, the surrounding air is as cold as ever but I all I could feel is an internal blast of heat within my soul.

"Wonyoung?" I said to myself in disbelief as I sat up ruffling the white sheets of my blanket. This isn't right. Why didn't Yujin tell me anything about meeting a girl late in the middle of the night! What's more she's drunk. Could it be one of Yujin's exes? I've never bothered to ask her about her past and she has never mentioned her name before. Were my thoughts visible they would be an inverse explosion, crazy chaotic turns and twists of light all coming together. Were my thoughts visible you'd be in tears knowing how I'm battling with the voices in my head. Were my thoughts visible you'd be able to tell how insecure I feel right now. Anxiety creeped up and I could feel a tinge of pressure around my heart — Angina, a medical condition i'll get when I get too worked up due to stress. Perhaps i'm overthinking, my thoughts spinning in a way that appears without design or logic. However, the amount of trust I have for Yujin is beyond what anyone could imagine. I calmed myself down and my heart muscles started to relax. I took a sip of brewed Earl grey tea for inner peace. My trust for her allowed my thoughts to dance their way back to love, and I believe Yujin would never do anything to betray me.

The entire holidays my schedule is packed with enrichment classes, tuitions, dance classes, additional Japanese language class, baking and character building classes. I feel that my parents created a timetable for me to strictly comply to and attend during the holidays. They should name my house 'The Kim's. University' or 'The Kim's Daycare' or something. Everyday got me so drained out as though my soul is being sucked out by all these classes that supposedly makes me "smarter". I haven't met Yujin in weeks— the thought of her makes my bones hurt, i miss her. I've decided to let that incident go hence I didn't even bring it up to her. Hyewon told me to talk things out though but I didn't have the energy to pick a fight with Yujin. Besides that she's still treating me like a princess everyday hence i'll place my 101% trust in her. I'm certain that Wonyoung girl might be just one of Yujin's friend or something. I really don't want to think much about it and attempted to throw this awful memory out of my mind.

"Minjoo!" I smiled gleefully at the melody of my name called by my beloved sister.
"Mom and Dad would be back in afew weeks! I'm not sure when but they told me they had plans. And this time round I think they'll stay for pretty long until they travel again." Tzuyu informed.
"Oh.." I sighed.
"Why that tone Minjoo?"
"Nah just things gets more stressful when they're back. And school's reopening next week. Double the pressure. I'd always feel like I'm underperforming. I'll always try my best to be the perfect daughter they want me to be but it seems like i'll never be able to reach their expectations. It's like chasing a dream that won't ever come true. But at the same time, it's been long since I last saw them, I'm excited to see them as well."
"They love you too much Minjoo, perhaps their way of loving you is pushing you to be a successful person. Think on the bright side alright." The older one comforted me, I nodded my head in agreement and tucked myself in bed. It's way past midnight and I have to catch some sleep in order to feel energized for lessons tomorrow. School's starting again real soon and I'm not going to flung my examinations again.

Ryujin's POV

Our Bentley whoosh past the amber turning red traffic light. Guess what? Yujin and I were going to be late for school again. A leopard doesn't change its spots, that phrase perfectly depicts us doesn't it. It's a new semester, the last one before this school year ends, yet we're still fighting against time in order not to be late for school. Facing the mirror, I moved the comb up and down frantically trying to get rid of my atrocious bed hair. I dabbed on some strawberry lip tint and wala we're ready to go. The car screeched as we arrived in school. I swung open the door only realizing there was no movement on the other side of the car.