Chapter 12

Yujin's POV

Maybe this is what happens when we fall in love. We start to feel comfortable, revealing your inner personality and who you truly are to each other, no filter, no expectations, only acceptance. We'll try to love each other always and in all weathers. Like the sun, love radiates independently of our fears and desires. Love is inherently free. It cannot be bought, sold, or traded. You cannot make someone love you, nor can you prevent it — hence, I am eternally thankful for the lord for allowing Minjoo to love me back, I really hope she does it for a really long time.

Minjoo and I made plans, honestly it's uncountable how much things we want to complete together. We dreamed of a bright future and blissful life. On that very night after I reached home, washed up and did some of my necessary stuff, I glanced over at my phone only to feel overjoyed at the sight of Minjoo's incoming call.

"Hey baby what's up? Why haven't you sleep yet?" I crashed my body onto the cold and cozy mattress.

"It's 11:11 and I thought of you, so i dialed your number without a second thought. Am i disturbing you though? Were you heading to bed soon? I can end the call...."

I cut Minjoo's sentence immediately, "No baby, you'll never disturb me and i'm thrilled to receive your call my dear. Being able to hear your voice makes me really happy."

The sky was black tranquility married to a poetry of stars under a the glow of a full moon. As the colours of the day rest, the hillside becomes its monochrome beauty, shapes that make an ever-changing, ever-present puzzle, question and answer united. In this night we all become one, from rock to plant to animal, one promise of life awaiting the return of the sun. That night, we talked, a lot. I realized I am able to trust her with anything and everything, it's like I can be silly and she won't judge me for it. It's like i've found a soulmate, someone that is able to understand me truly, someone that has a common life goal, someone that is comfortable with me, even in silence. Minjoo is someone that just gets me instantly although we only just started to hang out. It's a connection of minds, a mutual respect, an unconditional love and a total understanding. As days and weeks passes by, I'm more confident and certain that she's the one, the only girl for me in my life.

We are literally together everywhere all the time. The teacher putting us as seat partners isn't giving us a chance to be away from each other at all. It was another school day and I laid down on the desk facing Minjoo who is busy reading and noting down important key points that the teacher is going through for the upcoming biology lesson. Today's lesson is crucial as this is the last lesson before the exams and perhaps if the teacher is in a good mood she might give us some hint on what's going to be tested. It's crazy fast how the term has went, approximately 3 months has passed since we first came back to school. I mean time flies when you spend time with the one you love am I right? I took sometime to admire my girlfriend's beauty before the arrival of thats monotone-less old lady. Minjoo's hair was as waves of pure earth, softly reflecting the light of the sun; each strand moving freely in an ocean born breeze, a compliment to her stillness. The sunlight shined brightly and I immediately used my hands to cast a shadow on her face to prevent her eyes from squinting. Minjoo looked at me in the eye, in that moment, in that fraction of time, her smile was in every God given feature, and I knew I was home.

 Minjoo looked at me in the eye, in that moment, in that fraction of time, her smile was in every God given feature, and I knew I was home