~It's not cold~

After breakfast, Min-ji slid off her chair and walked over to the couch, stopping in her tracks to look at Mark. Mark somehow understood and got up, following her to the couch. She climbed up and Mark unpaused the movie. Mark set the remote down and walked back over to the table, taking a seat.

"She looks like you," Haechan stated while smiling at the older. Mark nodded and grinned "Yeah, she does." Mark looked back at Min-ji and back at the table. Haechan grabbed one of Mark's hands. "I'm all ears," he said, rubbing his thumb against the back of Mark's hand. Mark took a deep breath. "Do you remember Karina? My ex girlfriend?" Mark questioned the younger. "Yeah that bit- I mean that girl, you dated a few years back," Haechan replied and Mark laughed at the youngers reaction. "Yeah her, she came here this morning, banging on my door and literally threw Min-ji at me," Mark stated. As Mark explained what happened, Haechan was getting angry. "Who does Karina think she is? Doing that to her own child?" Haechan inquired in anger.

"That's what I said. Min-ji has only been here a few hours and I love her so much. I just want to protect her from harms way," Mark said trying to keep calm. Haechan smiled at him, "I understand. You haven't been a father for long, but from what I've seen so far, you're doing an amazing job. She is really lucky to have someone in her life who wants to protect her and give her all their love. I'm glad she finally has that now." Mark nodded and thanked his best friend. Mark explained, recalling Min-ji flinching when he tried to reach out to her. Haechan flashed a perplexed expression. "I swear Hyuck if she laid her filthy fingers on my baby's body-" Haechan pulled the older into a hug to try and calm him down.

"I know...I know. For now, we just have to try and make Min-ji comfortable," Haechan drew circles on the older's back. "Whatever Karina did to her, must not be good at all. Just listening to the way she said she couldn't stand her own child was disheartening. That already tells me quite a lot about the type of mother she was," Mark sniffled and hugged the younger tighter. "Min-ji...she must have been so scared. I can see the fear in her eyes. Everytime her body tenses, I just want to hug her and tell her it's okay and that I won't let anybody hurt her. I can't do that though. She must be so traumatized, Hyuckie.." Mark's voice went down into a whisper.  "She will overcome this over time with reassurance. I know it. She has such a loving father now. I know she'll be able to do this. Everything will be okay, I promise," Haechan kissed the top of Mark's head. Mark pulled back from the hug and stared in the youngers eyes. "Thank you."

Mark found himself subconsciously moving closer towards the younger's face. Haechan moved closer as well, leaving an inch of space between him and the older. The sound of something crashing on the floor in the living room interrupted the both of them. They both quickly stood up and made their way to Min-ji. She was shaking while clutching the pillow on the couch. The remote falling seemed to have startled her. "Nena it's okay. It was just the remote." She eyed both Mark and Haechan and dug herself deeper into the couch, shaking.

"Min-ji, it's okay. We won't hurt you," Haechan said, trying to reassure the baby and picked up the remote. "It was just the remote that fell. No one is hurt, see?" Haechan did a silly dance in hopes of the baby calming down. Luckily, she stopped shaking and lifted her arms, making grabby hands towards Haechan. Haechan smiled and lifted the baby from the couch. Min-ji just laid her head on his shoulder, closing her eyes. "Tired, Nena?" Mark asked Min-ji and the baby nodded her head slighty.

Mark grabbed one of the spare blankets from his closet. Min-ji was now asleep and was placed on the couch. Mark covered her with the blanket. Mark and Haechan walked back to the table and placed the dirty dishes in the sink. Mark started to wash them while Haechan dried them. Both of them were flustered by their earlier contact as silence encompassed through kitchen. Nothing was heard besided the water flowing from the faucet and the clinking noise of the dishes, clashing together

 "Can you come with me to buy some things for Min-ji?" Mark asked the younger, breaking the silence. "Of course! Oh my goodness I love shopping for babies!" Haechan whispered and eagerly agreed as Mark giggled. They were trying to be a bit quieter so Min-ji can nap. She's been through a lot and deserves a break. "Since when did you love shopping for babies?" Mark questioned the younger. "Don't worry about it," Haechan winked, resulting in a blushing Mark. Mark apparently forgot about Haechan's five year old nephew, so the younger decided to joke around.

After finishing the dishes, they walked inside Mark's room. Haechan was helping Mark pick out an outfit for today since he was complaining about how Mark dresses too plain. "How about this?!" Haechan asks, holding up a white button up and black jeans. "Where am I going that I have to be so formal? Last time I checked, the store didn't have a dress code," Mark said in a matter-of-fact voice and Haechan rolled his eyes in annoyance. "Ugh fine! Hold on." Haechan put the white button up shirt and black jeans back into the closet. He then picked out a plain black shirt with blue ripped jeans. "Better?" Haechan rolled his eyes and Mark nodded. "A bit," He giggled. "Great, now go get ready!" Haechan pushed the older into the bathroom with his clothes.

About ten minutes later, the older finally came out. "Took you long enough," Haechan commented. Mark scoffed, "You say that, but you take longer than I do!" Mark argued. "Well duh! This pretty little face needs all the time and effort," Haechan sassily said while pointing towards his face. Haechan was wearing a button up shirt with sunflowers on it, leaving two buttons undone and black ripped jeans. Mark just laughed at his best friend's remark.

-❣-

Haha silly boys! What do you think about this chapter?

I'm sorry for any grammatical errors and cringeworthy aspects! Please leave comments and vote if you'd like to! Thank you so much!

Please stay safe, happy, and healthy♡

<1128 words>