~You're my everything~

It was almost nine, and Mark was in his spare room, which is now Min-ji's. He finished hanging Min-ji's clothes in her closet and was now in the living room. Haechan was getting ready to leave and go back home. "Do you need anything before I go?" He asked the older one last time. Mark shook his head while smiling, "No, I'm sure. Thank you for asking though."

"Of course. It's my job," Haechan laughed with Mark. "I'll see you tomorrow evening." Mark gave Haechan a hug that lasted for quite some time. They finally separated and a blush was painted on their cheeks. Haechan waved at Min-ji and blew her a kiss before leaving. Mark locked the door after his best friend left. He turned to look at his baby as she was still hugging her stuffed penguin while watching Mickey Mouse.

"Min-ji, how about we take a bath, hm?" Mark has to give her a bath before it gets too late. He held out his hand, hoping the baby would let him hold hers. The baby just looked at him and climbed down the couch. She held his hand while her other hand was holding her stuffed penguin. Mark smiled and led her to the bathroom, where he had already laid out her pullups and white pajamas with pink ducks on them.

He helped her undress and turned on the showerhead to a warm temperature. He lifted her into the tub as she let go her her stuffed penguin. He risnsed her body and gently scrubbed the baby shampoo in her hair. "Close your eyes, Nena," Mark kindly warned her and she listened. He rinsed the shampoo out her hair and applied some conditioner. He cleaned the rest of her body and rinsed all the soap. Mark shut the water off and grabbed the lion towel, that has a hood, he had bought her earlier. He pulled the hood over her head and gently dried her hair. After that, he wrapped her body with the rest of the towel and lifted her out the tub. He dried the rest of her body and helped her put on her pullup.

He then rubbed baby lotion on her body to keep her skin from drying out. He helped her put her pants on and removed her lion towel hood from her head. Min-ji raised her arms as Mark pulled her shirt through her head. Mark touched her damp hair and dried it a little more with her lion towel. Min-ji picked up her stuffed penguin from the bathroom floor and Mark opened the door. He walked her back to the living room and she climbed on the couch. Mark pressed play on the remote to continue Mickey Mouse. "Min-ji, daddy is going to take a shower, okay? I'll be right back." Min-ji looked at Mark whilst hugging her penguin and then back at the TV.

Mark walked to his room to grab a pair of fresh clothes to sleep in and walked into the bathroom. He glanced at Min-ji one more time before closing the door. Mark undressed himself and stepped inside the shower. He shampooed his hair and lathered his body with his body wash. As soon as he finished rinsing his body, he grabbed his black towel and dried himself. He applied his lotion and quickly got dressed as he was nervous about his baby being alone. As if on cue, the bathroom door opened and revealed a baby holding her stuffed toy, shaking in fear.

Just as he was about to ask what's wrong, there was a knock at the door. Mark furrowed his eyebrows. Who's at his door past nine at night? "It's okay, Min-ji. I'll check the door," Mark walked out the bathroom and Min-ji whimpered. He stopped and turned around. Her arms were raised as tears were starting to fall down her cheek. Mark swiftly lifted his child and walked towards the door.

He opened the door and revealed Mark's brother. "Dude, I texted you. What took you so long?" His brother was a bit annoyed as he pushed passed Mark, walking inside his apartment. "I've been standing out here. I locked myself out my house and Ten isn't home tonight. He's the one who has the other key," His brother said as he plopped himself on the couch, ruffling his hair and Mark locked the door. "Sorry, I was in the shower and didn't have my phone with me," Mark replied. "Whatever it's fine," his brother looked up at the TV with a perplexed face. "Um, why are you watching Mickey Mouse?" His brother questioned him.

Mark doesn't know if his brother is that stupid or genuinely is distracted by the fact that he's locked out of his own house to notice the child in Mark's hands. Min-ji accidentally dropped her penguin on the floor, causing his brother to actually look in Mark's direction. His older brother's jaw dropped. "That's a child!" He pointed at the baby in Mark's arms.

"Johnny please, will you quiet down? There are some people in this apartment complex trying to sleep," Mark scolded his older brother and playfully rolled his eyes. Mark picked up the stuffed animal Min-ji had dropped and gave it to her. Johnny stood up, walking closer towards them and Min-ji was scared. Mark could sense her body tensing so he rubbed her back to help her relax. "Sorry, sorry but that's a child!" Johnny yelled in a whisper.

"No, really I didn't know that," Mark sarcastically said. "Listen and let me introduce you." Johnny stayed quiet and nodded. "Johnny this is Min-ji, my daughter and Min-ji," Mark tried to look her in the eyes. "This is your uncle, Johnny." Min-ji quickly peaked her head at Johnny's direction and turned back around. Mark giggled at her action and Johnny was frozen. "You good?" Mark asked while waving one of his hands in his tall, older brother's face.

Johnny snapped out of it,"Huh? Yeah I'm fine. I didn't know you had a daughter." Mark sighed and smiled. "Neither did I until this morning." Johnny was taken back. "Who's the mother?"

Mark's expression quickly turned into an angry one. "Mother? She's no mother at all," he thought to himself. He tried to calm himself down and held his pointer finger at Johnny, signaling him to give Mark a minute and Johnny nodded. "Min-ji, you can continue watching TV if you'd like," Mark spoke softly and it was the first time Johnny has every seen his younger brother talk so sweetly to a child. Min-ji looked at Mark and then looked down. Mark understands that she does want to continue watching TV and puts her down on the couch. "It's okay, Nena. I'm going to be at the table okay? We'll still be able to see each other from there. I'm not leaving," Mark smiled at his baby girl who slowly nodded her head.

Mark led Johnny to the table and they sat down. "Do you want any water?" Mark asked and Johnny shook his head no. "Tell me what happened. Take your time though," Johnny calmy said, since he could sense his little brother's anger. Mark explained everything that happened this morning and Johnny was left in shock. He was furious at Mark's ex. How dare she try to abandon his niece. "This really upsets me. You should see the way Min-ji flinches away from any unannounced gestures," Mark said with a frown and Johnny rubbed his back. "Don't worry, she has you now and she'll open up to you. She must have been through a lot for her to be the way she is now and that's okay because we can help her," Johnny reassured his little brother. Mark gave Johnny a smile and Johnny's smile soon turned into a smirk.

 "What?" Mark asked, confused as to way his brother acting like that. "So Haechan was the first one to know about your daughter, huh?" Johnny said in a teasing manner and a blush spread across Mark's cheeks. "Um, heh.." Mark quickly got up as he heard Johnny laugh in the background.

-❣-

Johnny sure is something, haha!

What did you think about this chapter?! I hope you enjoyed!

Sorry for any grammatical errors and cringeworthy aspects! Please comment and leave a vote if you'd like! Thank you so much!

Please stay safe, happy, and healthy!♡

<1423 words>