~A Gift Called You~

Over the next few days, Min-ji hasn't been acting like herself. At first she would be really clingy, but then distance herself when Haechan was present. Mark thought she probably didn't want attention, but as the same things have been repeating, Mark was concerned.

Mark was currently at work, thinking about his child and the reason for her to be acting this way. Could it be that she was jealous? No, that can't be. There was nothing to be jealous about and he still showed her attention. Mark had informed Haechan on Min-ji's recent behavior so that he was aware. He too didn't know the reason either, but had an idea on what it could be.

Haechan was in Min-ji's room, as the baby was playing with her new toy keyboard. Haechan praised her, "Wow Min-ji you're doing an excellent job!" Min-ji only got up and waddled to her bed to sit with her stuffed penguin and lion. Haechan frowned at the baby's action and slowly approached her, sitting on the edge of her bed. "Min-ji, what's wrong?" He asked the baby softly. Min-ji shook her head and stared at her hands.

Haechan reached out to grab her hands, to his surprise that she didn't flinch. "You can tell me anything. What's on your mind?" Haechan assured her as she lifted her head to meet his eyes. "..h-he," Min-ji stopped, but Haechan encouraged her to continue. "He no love me no more," Min-ji fiddled with her small fingers. Haechan gently shook his head, "That's not true. What makes you say that?"

Min-ji looked at the green bruises on her wrists, "..people... no love me long." Haechan frowned at the baby's words, realizing that she could be inferring about her mother. "Min-ji," Haechan placed the said baby girl on his lap. "Your daddy loves you very dearly. He loves you so much and always will, understand?"

A tear rolled down Min-ji's cheek as she slowly nodded her head. Haechan wiped her cheek with his thumb, to his surprise again that she didn't flinch.

"Sure?" Min-ji asked and Haechan smiled slightly and nodded, "I am 100% sure. He loves you more than anything in the world." Min-ji wrapped her small arms around Haechan waist, soon drifting off to sleep. Haechan gently rubbed her back and laid her down. Min-ji must have had this on her mind for a while and probably lost sleep over it, since she fell asleep so early.

Haechan closed her door behind him, only leaving it cracked, and made his way to the couch. It was only seven thirty and Haechan decided to watch TV.

-❣-

Mark walked through the door and greeted the younger with peck on the cheek. Haechan blushed and this didn't go unnoticed by Mark. He kicked off his sneakers and sat beside the younger on the couch. "She's sleeping already. She actually fell asleep around seven," Haechan spoke as their hands were now interlocked together. "Really? That early?" Mark asked and the younger nodded.

"We were talking ealrier. I asked her if there was anything was on her mind and it took her a while, but she finally spit it out," Haechan explained to the older what happened. As Mark listened to the younger speak, he could feel himself becoming angry and upset, at Karina but mainly at himself. Haechan rubbed his thigh, "It's not your fault. She just needs reassurance that's all."

"Try to initiate affection, instead of waiting for her to do so. I know you're not really an affectionate person, and goodness gracious you two are surely alike," Haechan giggled and continued, "But try doing that. I know she'll accept it and she'll probably feel more comfortable and assured," Haechan suggested.

"I can give it a try," Mark replied with a smile, his smile being so contagious that the younger couldn't hold his back. Haechan pecked his cheek and his nose, "Good." Mark pouted and Haechan rolled his eyes, already knowing what the older wants.

He gave him a quick peck on the lips and cuddled into him. Mark smiled and played with his soft, curly brown locks. He placed a chaste kiss on the younger's forehead.

Eventually Haechan had left, after Mark gave several kisses, whining about him leaving. Mark had already showered and went to check on Min-ji, who was still asleep.

He tiptoed over to her bed and placed a soft kiss on her cheek. He was about to head out the door, when a small voice spoke, "Daddy?" Mark turned around and saw Min-ji looking in his direction.

She has never called him 'daddy' before and Mark was overjoyed, of course not letting it show since he didn't want to freak his baby out and wanted to listen to whatever she has to say. "Yes, Nena?" He responded, waking back up to her bed again.

She started playing with the paws of her stuffed animal, unsure of what to say. "I love you, Min-ji. You know that, right? I love you so much, you make me so happy," Mark honestly spoke and Min-ji nodded giving a small smile. She has never smiled in front of Mark before and it was the first time he was seeing it. Not to be dramatic or anything, but Mark thought it was the prettiest smile he's ever seen. He's so happy that she finally did it and hoped she will smile more often.

"Stay?" Min-ji asked her father and Mark smiled. "Of course," Mark crawled into her bed as she snuggled herself closer to his chest. He engulfed her in his arms and gave her a kiss on the top of her head, "Goodnight, baby."

"Night night, daddy..." Min-ji directly fell asleep after she responded a d Mark had the biggest smile plastered on his face.

-❣-

Ahh this story is coming to an end in about six more chapters!

Sorry for any grammatical errors!

Have a good day/night!
Please stay safe, happy, and healthy♡

<1018 words>