~Waiting For You In This Street~

Mark finished eating breakfast with Min-ji and washed the dishes. Mark sat down on the couch as Min-ji handed him a book. She looked down shly, fiddling with her fingers. "Do you want me to read it to you, Nena?" Mark asked his baby and she simply nodded.

Mark read the story Min-ji had given to him as she listened very carefully, observing the pictures on the pages. Mark had Min-ji say a few words and of course praised her for them as he continued.

"Yoooo! Johnny in the house!" Johnny bounced through the front door, which startled Min-ji a bit. Johnny kicked off his shoes and walked over to them, "Oh snap. The Three Little Piggies?! I love that book!" Johnny sat himself beside Mark as the younger rolled his eyes, "Seriously?"

"Keep reading," Johnny pleaded and Mark did so, not for him but for Min-ji. Once Mark finished, Johnny was sniffling. "Are you seriously crying right now?" Mark asked, quite annoyed. Obviously the older is faking it, but played along, "I-it didn't have to end like that man. The wolf didn't deserve that." Mark rolled his eyes at his brother's childness.

"Giant cry?" Min-ji questioned, standing up on the couch to pat Johnny's head. "No, Min-ji he was just playing around," Mark answered her, laughing at the name she called him. "Ah, thank you Min-ji. I feel much better now," Johnny smiled at her gesture and she sat back down.

-❣-

Mark and his friend group made plans after school to study together this Friday at his apartment. Exams were nearing fast and they want to be as prepared as they can to pass and be able to graduate.

Mark arrived home from work and greeted Johnny and Min-ji before heading to his room. He had a music project due on Monday and he wants to get it over with as fast as possible. He had to produce his own beats and melody as well as writing lyrics to either rap or sing. On top of that, he had to solfedge and name the notes he used. It sounded very time consuming and hard, but for Mark it was a breeze. He always loved music projects and this was his graduation project for that class.

He already had his own lyrics and opened his laptop to the program he uses to make beats. Adding some instrumentals and the melody, all Mark needed to do was sing and rap. Haehcan had already agreed to be a vocalist as he rapped. Haechan's vocals were beautiful and so angelic. Saving his production, he shut his laptop off and sighed with content.

Min-ji came waddling in his room. Johnny had left about a thirty minutes ago and this whole time Min-ji was in her room, playing her keyboard to try to 'mimic' what her father was doing. Mark didn't even notice his child right in front of him until she tapped his knee, causing him to jump back a little. "Goodness Min-ji..you scared me," Mark giggled as the baby looked down. "No, no you didn't do it on purpose. It's okay you're not in trouble," Mark reassured her and lifted her onto his lap.

"On Friday, daddy's friends are going to come over to study. You remember them right?" Mark asked her and Min-ji nodded. How could she forget? She was literally cornered and almost trampled by them. "Do you mind if they come over again?"

Min-ji shook her head and Mark smiled at her. He gave her a gentle hug as the bruises on her back were still present.

-❣-

The next day went pretty much the same as the day before. Mark was able to leave work early today since the store closed up early. He was able to make it back to his apartment just in time for dinner. He had texted his boyfriend to come over later.

He walked through the door, closing it behind him. He slipped his shoes off and was about to greet Min-ji and Johnny until something unexpected caught his eye.

"M-mom?" The woman turned around as she was in the kitchen, serving dinner. "Mark dear, you're home!" She gave him a hug and he returned it. He glanced over at Min-ji and Johnny who were watching TV.

"Why didn't you tell me you had a child?" Mark's mom asked as she finished serving the plates. Mark helped her set them on the table. "I-i was going to! Really, I was! I just didn't know how to," Mark responded.

His mother turned to him again with a serious expression and her hands sitting on her hips. Mark suddenly felt small and looked down. His mother's expression softened as she ruffled her son's hair, "I'm proud of you."

Mark shot his head back up in disbelief, "W-what? You're not mad?" His mother gently shook her head, "Why should I be? You're being very responsible. Going to school, to work, plus taking care of your child and hanging out with your friends. You're doing an amazing job. I couldn't be more proud of my son." Mark smiled, feeling his eyes tearing but shook his head, clearing his throat, "Thank you." He engulfed her in the biggest hug.

"Hey, what about me? Are you proud of me mom?" Johnny walked over to them with a cheesy grin. Their mother pulled away from Mark and flicked her oldest son's forehead. "Ow! What was that for?" Johnny whined, rubbing the spot she flicked. Mark chuckled as their mother spoke again, "Both of you. I'm proud of both of you for being responsible men."

Min-ji reluctantly walked over to them. She wanted a hug from Mark since he didn't greet her yet. She hugged his legs and Mark smiled, lifting her up. "Hi, Min-ji! I'm sorry I didn't say hello until now," he apologized to her. She only nodded and rested her head on his shoulder. His mother adored the sight of her son and granddaughter.

-❣-

Only two more chapters ahh

Please stay safe, happy, and healthy♡

Also, sorry for any grammatical errors!

<1037 words>