~But it's not too bad because you're warm~

The Dreamies were arriving any minute now as Johnny was getting ready to leave. "Are you sure you don't want to stay for a little?" Mark asked his older brother.

Johnny smiled and ruffled the younger boy's hair, "I'm sure, Marker. I'll see you next week. Have fun with your friends and don't stress youself." Mark rolled his eyes at the nickname and complied, giving the older a hug before he left. Johnny said goodbye to Min-ji, who was reading her instruments book for the nth time this week and then he left.

"Min-ji, my friends are going to be coming over today, possibly sleeping over as well," Mark said, knowing that they probably packed their things. Min-ji nodded her head as she continued to read her book. She pointed at the picture on the cardboard page, "piano." Mark praised his baby, "Yes that's a piano! Very good Min-ji!" Min-ji looked up at Mark, "you..play?" This is the longest Min-ji has ever spoken with him and kept the conversation going. Mark smiled widely, "Yeah, I used to play, I may be a bit rusty at it now though."

"Easy?" Min-ji asked him and even though her questions were very short, Mark was proud of her for speaking more. "Not really, but with practice it does get easier," Mark told her and she nodded her head. "I'll tell you what. One of these days, I'll take you to see me play, yeah?" Mark suggested. The place he was talking about was his job since they had a music room for instrument lessons. Min-ji quickly nodded her head and Mark smiled. He used to play all the way till his senior year of high school. Of course he'd still play every now and then at his job, but his senior year was the last time he was fully committed to it.

A knock at the door was heard and Mark got up, heading straight to the door. "They're here, Min-ji," Mark made sure she was aware before opening the door. She stood up and hid behind the couch as Mark opened the door.

"I brought Just Dance and Uno!" Chenle said making his way inside. "Hello to you to, Lele," Mark giggled. Jisung walked inside next and they greeted each other. Soon came the three musketeers, just kidding. Jeno, Jaemin, and Renjun walked in next and soon Haechan did as well. They all took their shoes off and placed their bags on the floor. Chenle jumped on the couch. Haechan walked over to Mark and gave him a hug, whispering discreetly in his ear, "Where's Min-ji?" Mark pulled back from the hug and looked around. He know she couldn't have gone anywhere, "I'm not sure."

"Maybe sh-" Haechan was cut off by a loud dolphine squealing and everybody covered their ears. "BABY!" Mark and Haechan exchanged looks and walked over towards them. Min-ji popped out from behind the couch. Jaemin was on his knees making grabby hands towards the baby, "Come here I just want to squeeze you!" Renjun pushed Jaemin aside, "No, don't go to him. Come to me!"

"Why would she want to go to you two? Obviously I'm the better choice, come to me!" Chenle said and moved closer towards the baby. Min-ji quickly ran into Mark's arms and he picked her up. "See what you guys did?" Chenle said in disappointment. "What do mean me?! You're the one invading her space!" Renjun argued, standing up in front of Chenle. "I mean if we're all being honest here, it was all three of you so.." Jisung exclaimed covering his face, afraid to get hit. "Agreed," Jeno said and looked at the baby in Mark's arms. The three said boys glared at Jisung and Jeno as both raised their hands innocently.

"Guys, relax," Haechan tried to calm their friend group, "Mark has something to say." Haechan slightly pushed Mark foward who looked at the boys that were now sitting on the couch.

"Um," Mark cleared his throat as Haechan was rubbing his arm, "The thing I wanted to tell you guys was this." Mark chuckled nervously and looked down at the baby in his arms. Her tiny arms were circled around his neck as she hid her face on his shoulder. "This is my daughter, Min-ji," Mark finally told his friend group who sat their with their jaws hanging. Haechan stepped in, "Or in the words of Chenle, his new 'fluffy blanket.'"

"Please don't be mad at me for not telling you guys sooner. I really wanted to, but I was scared on what you might think. Your opinions are most important to me. Plus, I just found out about her last week and I've been busy trying to come home on time."

"Is that why you've been fidgety in class all week?" Jeno was the first one to speak. "Yeah, I'm sorry," Mark apologized. "Why are you apologizing? This is a big thing. We can only imagine how scared you were," Jaemin stated. "Exactly, we're your best friends. Even though we are kind of crazy and chaotic, we would never judge you," Renjun added as the others smiled and nodded in agreement.

"I personally think, you've been really responsible and have been handling this well," Jaemin said. "Me too, it's not easy taking care of a child," Jisung said. "Oh yeah trust me, it's definitely not," Chenle pitched in eyeing Jisung. "Are you really inferring me as a child?" Jisung questioned him. "Maybe I am, maybe I'm not," Chenle snickered and Jisung scoffed, "You're lucky I-" Jaemin pushed the both of them, "Both of you, be quiet."

Everyone let out a small giggle and paid their attention back on Mark. "Thanks guys," Mark smiled. He is extremely grateful to have such amazing friends. He looked at Haechan and the younger flashed him a proud smile. "Min-ji is really shy. She doesn't like attention that much, so don't think she doesn't like you if she's distant," Mark stated. All of them nodded their heads and Jaemin spoke up, "We're always here for you!" 

"Hi Min-ji, I'm Jeno," the said boy said softly, flashing his infamous eye-smile. Min-ji lifted her head from Mark's shoulder and looked at Jeno. "You're so beautiful!" Jaemin bounced, complimenting the child.

-❣-

The boys were playing Just Dance on Jisung's Wii he brought over while Min-ji was sitting on the couch, reading her book. "Hey! Why did you push me?" Jisung asked in frustration. "Who told you to dance in front of me? I can't see a thing with your tall self!" Chenle argued with him. "It's not my fault you're short!" Jisung spat back. "I am not that short!" Chenle exclaimed. "Oh my gosh, will guys just shut up and kiss! Like damn," Renjun butted in. Both boys blushed at the sudden sentence and looked away.

After they finished playing, Mark had ordered pizza. He was sitting on the floor with Haechan laying his head on his lap. He ran his fingers through his fluffy, dark brown hair as the younger closed his eyes. Soon there was a knock on the door and the younger removed himself from the older's lap.

Mark paid for the pizza and set it down on the counter. "FOOD," Jisung ran to the counter and grabbed a slice. "Hey, save some for the rest of us," Renjun exclaimed, lightly smacking the back of the boy's head. Mark opened a can of Min-ji's baby food and stuck a spoon inside, "Min-ji, come eat." Min-ji slid of the couch and walked towards Mark. Mark handed her the food and she ate small amounts. It was still better than nothing and Mark couldn't be happier.

"Haechan, aren't you going to eat?" Jaemin asked his friend. Haechan shook his head, "I'm not really a pizza person." Mark knew this of course and handed him a meatball sandwich. Haechan silently cursed as a blush crept on his cheeks and accepted the sandwich. "Ooo, is Haechan blushing?" Chenle wiggled his eyebrows. Haechan glared at him, "Keep talking and I'll shave your eyebrows off."

-❣-

Mark walked out the bathroom with Min-ji in her pajamas. He had finished giving her a bath, since it was almost time for her to sleep. She went back to her coloring book on the floor. Mark sat next to her and after a half hour, Min-ji was curled up, asleep in his lap. Mark carefully pick her and her books up and walked inside her room. He put her things away and tucked her in bed, kissing her forehead.

-❣-

Yo dream~

The calmness before the storm...huh?

Thank you for reading. I hope you're enjoying.

Sorry for any grammatical errors!

<1473 words>