Chapter 19

"I thought you said you were going to be more careful." Nathan says.

"Huh?" I looked up, "Hey, it's you. But this time I was careful, you just appeared out of no where." I explained.

He looks down and up, "What's the occasion?"

"Nothing. I just felt like wearing it."

"Mm, looks okay, but I prefer the other you."

"Trust me, I do too." Did I just say that out loud?

"Really? Then why would you wear it?"

"No, yes." I don't know anymore, I sighed, "The truth is, I absolutely hate it, girls be lying if they said these kind of dresses are comfortable."

Nathan frowns, "So you wore it to impress someone?"

"Eh, not exactly, I wouldn't say I'm trying to impress someone, more like, testing them."

"Testing them?"

"Yes?"

"So you want to test their desires?" Nathan looked upset, "I thought you were different."

The school bell rang, "W-Wait! That's not-" and he already left before I got to speak another word.

This is getting more upsetting.

I groaned in frustration, he took it the wrong way.

I realized I was late for Spanish, "Shoot." I speed-walked to the free period room to get my stuff, but they was gone, so then I had to go to Spanish class as I was attending.

The teacher was about to shut the door, "Wait! I'm here." I panted.

"Miss Kennedy, you are 2 minutes late."

"I know, I'm sorry, I tried making it on time."

"Where's your stuff?" The teacher asks.

"Right here, Miss." Riley called out.

"Well? Are you going to stand there for the rest of the day?" The teacher scolds.

"Oops, sorry." I sneaked into my seat.

"Where were you?" Riley whispered.

"On a break."

"Yeah, a 25 minute one."

"Awe~ my cousin was worried about me." I tickled his chin like a cat.

He stops me from going farther, I went to the page I was supposed to be at, I took a peak at Nathan for a few seconds, then turned back around to face the front.

You misunderstood.

~After School~

(Riley's POV.)

I went to the changing room, I've been wondering where Miles is. I haven't seen or heard from him since that day.

It made me wonder if I was the reason he hasn't been in school. I gotta admit, I was being too harsh on him, but I did what I had to do to make him give me up, to stop liking me.

Practice was the same as usual, although it feels weird that Miles isn't here to bug me, it's his job to do so, I guess that'll stop, but why am I feeling down?

No. No. No.

Stop thinking too much.

After I was done changing and went out, I saw Olivia talking to Payton, and then Payton calls Zack over.

When I walked over, they seem to be done with their conversation, "Oh! You're ready?" Olivia asks.