Chapter 2

"There he is!" I shouted out.

Payton turns around, "Hey, Riley, how's it going?"

"Nothing much, not very exciting about what's happening today." I said, gloomily.

"Ugh, could it get any worse?" He groaned.

"Don't say that, you'll jinx us."

Payton shook his head, "Let's just go to class."

Payton and I walked in our first period, I stood there, frozen, there's Zack and that annoying Miles, they were talking to the teacher.

"What's he doing here?" Payton whispers.

"Correction, what are they doing here? And yes, it can get worse," I whispers back, correcting him, "come on, let's just go to our seats."

Payton and I sat in our seats next to each other in the back.

The teacher pointed at Payton and me, Payton looks at me, I shrugged.

Zack sits in front of Payton and Miles sits in front of me.

The bell ranged, the teacher starts talking, "Alright everyone, listen up, there are four new transferred students in our school, two of them are in our first class, please welcome Zack and Miles, you guys can talk and introduce yourselves in free period or lunch. Now let's work on.... ...."

Payton suddenly kicks Zacks seat.

Not that I would mind him bugging our enemy, but I wouldn't want him to get in trouble so I whispered, "Payton, stop, you'll get in trouble."

So he stopped.

~~~

The bell rings, everyone gets up, then the teacher calls our name, "Payton, Riley, Miles, and Zack, a word please."

We all came over, "Okay, first off, you all have about the exact same classes, so Riley, you help Miles find his way to his classes, while Riley takes care of Miles, Payton, you'll take care Zack, make sure you help him get to classes so he doesn't get lost."

Payton and I looked at each other, eyes filled with annoyance and reluctance.

"Okay, Riley and Miles, you guys are dismissed," she sighs, "Payton, except for math, you are failing classes, you keep saying you'll try harder, but you don't, since your brother is busy with his school work at his final year, he won't be able to help you like he used to, so the other teachers and I were discussing about getting a tutor for you."

"Huh? That's not necessary, I can ask Riley for help," I heard Payton say as Miles and I walked out of the classroom.

"You're cute, you should smile more often." Miles said.

I turned around and angrily shoved him against the wall, I scoffed, "Cute? You have no right to call me cute, and stop getting on my nerves." I let go of him and walked to my next class.

~~~

At the end of swimming practice after school(which, it was our first practice), the coach talked about a 2-week trip, which I was definitely up for. The problem is my parents don't have a pattern of when they come home, and they need to sign the permission slip.

When I got home, I called my mom, "Mom?"

She hums in response.

"Can you sign this permission slip when you get home, it for a 2-week trip, and it's for the swim team."

"Uhhh yeah sure, hang on, let me finish this real quick.... and I call the school about the trip because I won't be able to sign it, your dad and I aren't going to be home for a while."

"Oh, okay, thanks. Love you, bye."

"I love you sweetie, take care of yourself." She said before I hung up.

Since I finished all my homework in free period, I played video games endlessly until it was 7:00 pm, I showered, washing all the chlorine from the pool.

I ate dinner that I cooked for myself and just went to sleep through the night.

~~~