Chapter 12

We paid to go in, I was behind the others, the first stage was going through some thick ropes hanging on the ceiling and touching the floor down.

The next stage was black and white line patterns on walls, ceiling, floor, this stage made me feel a little nauseous, in my vision, it was moving so much, ugh, I just puked this morning, I don't want to puke again.

When we got out of that stage, we headed to the next stage, which was the mirror maze stage, that, I hate! It's so suffocating, honestly, who'd like this one?!

We all went through all the stages and got out, well, only Casey, Brandon, and I, "Where's Payton? Wasn't he behind us?" Brandon wonders.

"Yeah, did he get lost in that place?" Casey says.

A voice from behind said, "Ri!" Oh no! "You're here, let's all hang together."

"Ri?" Brandon smirks and puts his arms around my shoulders, "Awe Ri~ I didn't know you had a nickname."

"Do you want to die?" I said fiercely.

"No thanks, hehe, not today." He takes his arm off of me.

"Hey, where's Zack, I thought he was just right here." Andrew said.

The three boys looked around, "Maybe he had to go to the bathroom." Xavier shrugged.

"I'm going to look for Payton." I said.

"Riley, don't worry about him, he's almost an adult, loosen up the leash, will you?" Brandon said, "You've always keep your eyes on him like he's your child to look after."

I sighed and stood at the spot.

A few moments later, I spot Payton coming towards me and we started walk in the big street, "Hey, I'm surprise you didn't throw a fit." he chuckles hinting that he sees Miles in the same area.

"I'm about to. Anyways, are you okay? What happened?" I asked, worriedly and concerned.

"Uh, to tell you the truth, I'm. . . claustrophobic."

"You are?! Since when?" I exclaimed.

"Shhh, lower your voice," he whispered, "and yes, I've been claustrophobic since I was little, as long as I can remember."

"What? Why didn't you ever tell me? We're friends since kids, I can't believe you hid that from me, that's important. Don't you know that you could've fainted in there?" I went on and on.

"Yeah, but the thing is, I-I'm embarrassed, and I've always been." He admits.

"Stop! I'm your friend, I'll never make fun of you, plus that's serious, this is nothing to be embarrassed about. Does your family know about this?"

"Yeah, I didn't want them to make a big deal out of it, but the thing is, I haven't been into small spaces ever since. . . I fainted one time."

"So? You could've told me, at least, and if you were afraid of Casey and Brandon teasing you, I could've made an excuse with you and stayed, and yet, they wouldn't tease you, because they know that this is a serious matter."

"I would've been fine out here by myself, but you guys dragged me into it, and I didn't want to ruin your fun."

I wrap arm around my shoulder, "Trust me, you wouldn't spoil our fun."

"Thanks." He smiles.

"Hey, where'd you get those gloves? And when?"

He shook his head and kept walking.

We walked around a little bit, went to the bathroom before we get to the haunted terror place.

The only people we were waiting for was Casey, Xavier, and Andrew, everyone else was out here, walking in circles, then everyone finally came out, so we headed to the haunted terror.

"Hey," I whispered to Payton, "I know this place might not have small spaces, but will you be okay in here?"

"Yeah, they're two different things, I can handle this." He replies.

I nodded.

Brandon shows the workers the tickets on the phone that were paid beforehand, Miles and his friends had to pay for theirs.

I'd glance at anything but Miles, I didn't know what to say for my actions last night.

When Miles and his friends paid, we walked in through the fog swaying on the floor. There was people with costumes trying to jump in to scare us, zombies, skeletons, ghosts, etc.

On their costumes were fake blood, there were a few puddles of fake blood on the floor, so we accidentally stepped on some, we went to the exit of the "haunted house terror", what a waste of money.

"That wasn't scary at all." Brandon brags.

"It's too fake. . ." Andrew started out.

Zack ran to a trash, vomiting his guts out, Brandon just started arguing with Xavier and Andrew, just kept on bragging on how brave they are.

What is this, a competition? I deliberately rolled my eyes, I may be argumentative as well, but not acting like a 5 year old.

Miles paid attention to Zack and went to him to see if he was alright.

Brandon and Andrew and Xavier started yell, turning into a cat fight, or like how girls fight over shoes and dresses in movies.

Now only Brandon and Xavier were about to physically fight, I went over behind Brandon to pull him away, I tried getting in between to split them up.

Brandon quickly pulled his right arm back to take a swing, but accidentally hit me in the face with his elbow.

I fell back and hit the floor, hard. The boys stopped fighting, and drew their attention to me, "Riley! Are you okay?! Can you breathe?!" Brandon yelled as he bent down to the ground, helping me up, Casey and Payton did the same.

My top lip felt swollen and I tasted my blood, my nose was also dripping blood,  "Do I look okay?" I groaned, holding up my blood from dripping.

Miles ran to me, helping me giving me his handkerchief.

Author: Again, I don't know if anyone carries them around anymore.🤷🏼‍♀️😂

I used that handkerchief to wipe off the blood and make it stop bleeding.

My blood was covered and the first thing I hear is Brandon whining about how sorry he is to me, "Riley, I'm sorry, please forgive me, huh." I was tired of his nagging so I decided to forgive him.

There was a parade going on tonight, so we decide to stay a little longer, we all found a spot for all of us to sit in, but we all separate into pieces, the others agreed that Brandon should stay and watch, he kept complaining the most out of all of us that he's tired, so he guarded our spot. Alone.

Casey and I went to get some food and we both agreed on corndogs from a food stand, also, I wanted ice for my bruised nose and swollen lip.