Chapter 26

(Miles' POV.)

I can't believe what I did, I thought I was dreaming, never had I ever thought it'd be reality.

I hated myself for taking advantage of Riley when we were both drunk, I've never wanted that, I've never wanted Riley to hate me more than he already has.

After Riley left, I'd figure he need some alone time, some distance from me, so I didn't follow him like I would, and so I went home.

When I had woke up, I woke up alone and cold. That was when memories had came back to me from last night, I had remembered every moment, every kisses that we savored , every mark I left on his skin, every moan that came out of Riley's mouth.

I finally did it with him, but I felt no joy, definitely not after seeing that disappointment on his face.

I was dead drunk for goodness sake, alcohol is definitely on my hate list.

Just by knowing how Riley is, he won't forgive me so easily. I can't even forgive myself.

*Doorbell rings*

I quickly got out of the shower and got dressed, hoping it might be Riley, although I knew it wasn't going to be him, I just had hoped.

I opened the door, as I expected, it wasn't him, "Olivia, what are you doing here? How did you know where I live?"

"Miles, we need to talk."

I nodded, letting her enter inside my house, "You can find a seat, do you want something to drink?"

"No thanks, it's going to be a little quick."

We sat down on two different furnitures in the living room, "So, is what you want to talk about. . . Riley?"

"Riley told me what happened."

"Let me guess, he's angry."

"You could say that, but he's more depressed, devastated," she sniffled, trying to hold it in, "he had someone else he already like."

"So he wasn't bluffing? I thought he was using that as an excuse, to keep me away. Turns out he really meant it." My heart ached at the memory of his words.

"Do you know Danial?" I sit up, alert, "Yeah, that's who he liked. During the party, he saw him with someone else. I knew Danial already had someone way before he did, but I didn't have the heart to tell him. Turns out he finds out in a very hard way."

". . .How's he holding up?"

"Like I said, pure devastated, like he can break any moment. I'm worried." Her voice cracks.

It made my heart throb in pain at the thought of worst case scenarios, "Was he trying to. . .?"

"I hope not. But he's had a harsh life, his parents were never there for him, only in business, they would even miss his birthdays, so he would be alone. He feels too suffocated in the dark, even if I'm there for him, *sniffles* it's still not enough."

"So what do you suggest me to do? He won't let me near him."

"Talk to him, or write it the old fashioned way, write it out."

I guess that's not a bad idea.

"Sure." I nodded, "I'll give it a try."

~ ~ ~

(Riley's POV.)

The doorbell rang, I went to get the door since Olivia told me she had errands to run.

I opened the door, nobody was there, I looked down, there were red flowers, it made me thought it was for Olivia, so I picked it up and took it in the house.

I spot an original sized card buried inside, it had my name on it, it shook me that it was actually for me, I opened the card, I could tell Miles had tried to write small so that there was enough room;

Riley, I'm sorry for what I've done last night, I really did thought I was dreaming, because I've dreamed doing many special things with you countless times, and I would wake up disappointed.

The first time I saw you, I thought it was impossible for a guy to be so beautiful, your ocean eyes, your perfect lips, your soft, long hair, every part of you was perfect in my eyes.

In that moment, I've realized I had fallen for you, the more I get to know you, the more I love you, not only you're perfect in my eyes, but extraordinary in my heart!

When I got to talk to you face to face, you were so cold towards people, you're heart was cold and hard as stone, all dark. But as I got to know a little bit of your past, I had known you were actually just a person who was hurting on the inside and definitely a good person deep down, you care.

I had hoped that one day, I can break down those walls of yours that is made of iron and built around your soft heart.

I cherish you from the bottom of my heart.

Your happiness is my happiness.

I love you as my only treasure.

Yours,
Miles

I got so carried away by his words that I didn't realize I was bursting into tears. I wiped them off, but new tears started leaking down.

It's like Miles know me, and see me as person who needed love that I didn't have when I was little.

~ ~ ~

Author: Once again, I cried😭 writing that letter was making me so emotional so suddenly. It's like I know my children's pain, and it hurts me too

Oh and if you thought when he said "I've always dreamed about doing many special things with you countless times," what he actually meant was NOT just sleeping with him, he meant other things like kissing, cuddling, all that cute couple stuff, etc... JUST TO CLARIFY!!