Chapter 20

~At Riley's House~

(Olivia's POV.)

Once Nathan invited me to his house, his parents greeted me right away, they were nice people, he had a little sister too, she was so cute and sweet.

Nathan invited me in his room, I explained the whole story to him, he laughed at the part when I told him all the truth behind the lies. But he understood thankfully.

Nathan walks me back home, making sure I get home safely. Now here I am, only waiting for my cousin, hoping he didn't drown.

I heard the door open, then closed, so I went downstairs, Riley was in the kitchen, he drinks a cup of water.

"I'm glad you made it back okay." I said.

Riley got startled and jumped.

(Riley's POV.)

"What are you doing still up at this hour." I asked.

"I got home not long ago."

"Where did you go?"

"None of your concern."

I raised my eyebrows, "Why? Did you go to a guy's house or something?"

"What about you? You just went to the pool at this hour and yet, you have a pool and a Jacuzzi right here at home."

"It's not the same."

"Alright, you win. Let's go to bed, it's late. But. . . I'm not done with you yet." I rolled my eyes on the last part and got ready for bed.

~~~

*Ding*

I picked up my phone from the nightstand, it was a message from Miles, you see, after I went for a night swim, Miles asked for my number, so I gave him the digits.

Miles: You get home safe?

Riley: Yeah, I'm about ready for bed

Miles: Oh good, do you want to hang out tomorrow?

I've thought about it, it's not like I've got anything better to do since it was the weekend.

Riley: Sure, I'm free

After talking with with Miles for a few for minutes, I set my phone down and went to sleep.

~Saturday~

I promised Miles to meet him at the park near the school, so I was standing out there waiting for him.

A red shelby mustang flew by me and stopped, the person rolled down their window, "Are you coming?"

"This is your car?" I asked and Miles nodded, "Sweet."

It took me by surprise how this kind of car suits Miles, in a good way.

I got in the passengers' seat, he started taking off, he didn't tell me where we were going, but I don't really like surprises.

When we got there, my eyes widened, it was Scene 75, where people have fun, I looked over at Miles, "No, no way," I half-laughed.

"It's good to be young, Riley." He smiles then gets out of the car, "Come on!"

I followed him inside, he was about to pay for both of us, but I stopped him, "I'll pay mine."

"It's fine, I got it covered."

Since he said so, I let him pay on my behalf.

They gave us neon pink colored paper wristbands, we went and started to go have fun, we played games, bumper cars, optical courses, laser-tag, small rides, race carts, mini golfing.

Then we stopped at a bar & grill, not to get alcohol since we're not old enough to drink, so just regular, we got food too.

"Thanks for today, it was really fun." I smiled at Miles.

"I'm glad you had fun, I also got to see your smile, sort of rare for me to see it." Miles smiled back.

"What? Do I not smile enough?"

He shakes his head, "No, you need to smile more, you look more handsome when you smile."

"You're honest."

He grins, "Just telling the truth."

I scoffed with a smile, I continued to eat my lunch.

"Riley!" A voice called out, "You're here too?"

I looked over at the person, my eyes brightened, "Oh, what are you doing here?"

~~~