Chapter 30

Towards the end of the football game, we won, the night ended with cheers and band playing around in the school property.

After the football game, Miles insisted on dropping me off of his house himself. That'll spare the two lovebirds some time[Payton and Zack].

It was filled with silence throughout the ride. He pulls up in my driveway.

"Thanks." I said timidly, not know how else to break the silence.

"Yeah. No problem at all."

"Um, so I'm not used to this, me dating a guy and all."

"Oh! Yeah, I totally understand, you do whatever makes you comfortable. I understand."

"Yeah. So can we just take it slow?"

Miles looks at me in the eyes, and smiled, "Of course, Riley. Take all the time you need. I can wait."

I smiled back at him, "Thanks. I appreciate it."

"Yeah." He said, still grinning at me.

I leaned in—sober this time—attaching my lips with his. He was taken by surprise, but responds by kissing me back in swift motion.

We both pulled away, panting slightly. We rested our foreheads against each other.

"I should head inside." I leaned back, looking into Miles eyes, despite how much I am blushing by the cheeks.

"Right. Goodnight, Ricky."

"G'night. Thanks for the ride."

I got out of the car, before I shut it, Miles spoke, "Wait!"

"Yes?"

"I just wanted to thank you."

I chuckled slightly, "For what?"

"For making me feel like the luckiest person on Earth."

I had no words, so then I blushed to that, only nodded with a timid smile.

Miles chuckled awkwardly, "Sorry, I'm normally this blunt."

"I know. I know you."

"And I want to know you better. Tomorrow morning, at ten, at Cassy's. What do you say?

Author: Cassy's is their home sweet town Cafe

I thought about it, thinking if I had any plans going on tomorrow, then said, "Sounds good."

"Cool. See you then."

"See ya." I waved at him lastly before going in.

Once I went inside, I find Olivia standing in front of me, "Omg, no way. Wait, did you guys just get together?!"

She squealed in excitement.

"Are you serious?!" She asks, and we nodded, "Ugh, finally! FINALLY! Thank god!" Olivia exclaims so loudly.

She came over and hugged me, I shook my head, "Crazy."

"Hey, be nice to me, I knew this day was going to happened."

"Bleh, I don't care, you're crazy either way."

She sticks her tongue at me playfully, "Rude."

"Go to bed."

She rolled her eyes, "Yes dad."

"Who you calling dad?"

She was heading up the stairs, "It's good to see you happy." She smiled so warmly, "Goodnight Rye."